U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 AM

17,966 posts, read 14,890,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yes....
Good links....

A snippet from one of the links:
~Bible recognizes the deity of the Son. Most cults strip him of this making the Son only a man, an angel or at best a secondary divine being created by the Father. They ignore the fact that the son is called God just as the Father is. If one says the Son or Spirit are not called God then they would have to be consistent and say the Father is not either.The reason the Father is explicitly called God by Jesus is because he is honoring another instead of himself. Each person in the godhead does this, yet we find their is a hierachial structure (a successive order not in time but of position).

We so see and read this paragraph all through this forum!
Most cults say Jesus is God and since God can't die that Christ didn't really die for our sins.

I have God's spirit in me and am called a son of God. But I don't call myself "God."

God told Moses that he (Moses) is God and Aaron his prophet. But does this make Moses the supreme, invisible Deity filling heaven and earth? Jesus is called God too and had God's spirit in Him and was called a Son of God too. But "God no one has ever seen" (John 1:18). They saw Jesus. No one ever saw God.

"nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and we through Him." But not in all is there this knowledge. . . ."
(1 Corinthians 8:6-7 CLV)

This knowledge is not in the cults.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:50 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,855,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Shoddy eisegetical work from Eusebius once again.
Here's some exegesis for you to ponder:

Dan 7:9-10 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Jesus is the Ancient of Days.
It seems sciotamicks does shoddy eisegetical work himself...it sure helps if you put the whole scripture up and not just the parts you think fit your view.

Daniel 7:
The Son of Man Presented

13"I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man (Jesus)was coming,
And He (Jesus) came up to the Ancient of Days (GOD)
And was presented before Him (GOD).
14"And to Him (Jesus) was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Jesus was presented to GOD....Jesus is not GOD....he is Gods SON.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 14,890,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It seems sciotamicks does shoddy eisegetical work himself...it sure helps if you put the whole scripture up and not just the parts you think fit your view.

Daniel 7:
The Son of Man Presented

Glory and a kingdom,
Might serve Him
And His kingdom is one

Great post ChristyGrl!

Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 AM

5,302 posts, read 6,023,640 times
Quote:

Daniel 7:
The Son of Man Presented

Glory and a kingdom,
Might serve Him
And His kingdom is one

You really are bad at your work too aren't you? Detail detail!

Dan 7:9-10 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Rev 1:14 His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire;

Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev 5:11-13 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

You all really need to do your homework around me, because I am not going anywhere, and you will have to contend with me for a very long time. Nice try...but you see, when I post scripture, I EXPECT you to read further, and obviously, none of you have done that.

Glorify Jesus Christ! He is LORD!

SHODDY!

Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Great post ChristyGrl!
Thanks much....I noticed someone else bailed after the post.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
You really are bad at your work too aren't you? Detail detail!

Rev 1:14 His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire;

Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev 5:11-13 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

You all really need to do your homework around me, because I am not going anywhere, and you will have to contend with me for a very long time. Nice try...but you see, when I post scripture, I EXPECT you to read further, and obviously, none of you have done that.

Glorify Jesus Christ! He is LORD!

SHODDY!
Why don't you address what I posted...the scripture I posted...instead of trying to deflect your wrong assumption to other scriptures.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Why don't you address what I posted...the scripture I posted...instead of trying to deflect your wrong assumption to other scriptures.
Deflect? I am sorry but it is obvious you are deflecting from the Word of God and in complete denial of what was written....nice try...

And to answer you again as I already did...when I post scripture...I EXPECT YOU TO READ FURTHER. Which you did, but your exegesis failed in doing so, because you limited your search. Exact terminology used for the ANCIENT of Days and Christ...you are wrong.

Any elementary scholar or Chrisitan can see this, but yet you deny?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:03 PM

30,450 posts, read 22,588,120 times
Quote:

Daniel 7:
The Son of Man Presented

Glory and a kingdom,
Might serve Him
And His kingdom is one

Only God is to be worshiped. God the Father commanded the angels to worship Christ. Heb. 1:6. Jesus Christ is God.

The entire Gospel of John emphasizes the deity of Christ.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2) He was in the beginning with God. 3) All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4) In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5) And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

It is Jesus Christ who did the actual act of creation. Only God can create the universe.

Philippians 2:6 who, although He existed in the form (morphe) of God (THEOU), did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men; 8) And, being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

(2:6) This is one of the strongest assertions in the N.T. of the Deity of Christ. The form (GK. morphe) is the external appearance by which a person or thng strikes the vision; yet it is an external form truly indicative of the inner nature form which it springs. Nothing in this pasage teaches that the eternal Word (Jn. 1:1) emptied Himself of either His divine nature or His attributes, but only of the outward and visible manifestation of the Godhead. God may change form, but He cannot cease to be God. At all times His divine attributes could be exercised according to His will. See notes at Jn.1:1 and 20:28.

(Jn.1:1) Greek Logos (Aram. Memra, used as a designation of God in the Targums, i.e. Aramaic translations of the O.T.). The Greek word means, (1) a thought or concept; and (2) the expression or utterance of that thought. As a designation of Christ, therefore, Logos is peculiarly felicitous because (1) in Him are embodied all the treasures of the divne wisdom, the collective thought of God (1Cor.1:24; Eph.3:10-11; Col.2:2-3); and (2) He is, from eternity, but especialy in His incarnation, the utterance or expression of the Person and thought of Deity (Jn. 1:3-5,9,14-18;14:9-11; Col.2:9). In the Being, Person, and work of Christ, Deity is expressed.
unquote
(New Scofield Reference Bible, footnotes for Phil. 2:6 and John 1:1. pp. 1281 and 1123.)

Jesus Christ is fully God (Who Created the universe), and fully man (who went to the Cross and died a substitutionary spiritual death on our behalf.)

The cultists deny this truth. The Word of the living God proclaims this truth.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Deflect? I am sorry buit it is obvious you are deflecting from the Word of God and in complete denial of what was written....nice try...

And to answer you again as I already did...when I post scripture...I EXPECT YOU TO READ FURTHER. Which you did, but your exegesis failed in doing so, because you limited your search.
I will ask again....address the specific scripture I posted.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I will ask again....address the specific scripture I posted.
What about it? What's to address?...the Son of Man in Daniel 7 is Christ...so what?...the realization of Him had not been realized until His first advent, which is what we see in the NT Your point is fruitless in regards to the NT...No one in Israel expected God to come down and take on the flesh...but He did, His disciples realized this, and so did those who received Him full in the first century....I suggest you do as well....without all the eisegesis you UR'ers seem to focus on. Your work is blatantly contrary to the Word of God, and I am here to expose you all to those who lurk this site looking for answers so they don't get sucked into your failed doctrine, as UR has severly warped the Christian faith. I am just one of many here....and many out there on the net and the real world who will crush UR, this heretical doctrine of Christ just being a man, and the newage jargon I see so prevalent on this forum....I will crush it wth scripture.

Like I have here....you are wrong in your "assumption" and you all have failed once again against the scripture.

Christ is God manifested in the flesh.

UR is a false doctrine.

Now you address what I posted.....the exact terminology for the Ancient of Days is used for Christ in Revelation.....ADDRESS THAT...or WEEP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity