U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM
 
698 posts, read 597,419 times
Reputation: 77

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Can you explain why Christ was called the son of eeysh/iysh in Daniel 7, and the Jewry prophets were called the sons of Adam?
Because they were men. In Hebraic thought, “the Son of man” meant an ordinary, mortal man (Read Isaiah 51:12KJV). The Jewry prophets and ‘Jesus’ were men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
What significance does this have on why He was called such in the NT, and the definitive soteriological ramifications this has on your theory?
Nothing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
 
698 posts, read 597,419 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Because God is three in Persons and One in Essence. God is a United One. God is three Persons who are united in their essence. All three Persons of the Trinity possess equally, Sovereignty, justice, righteousness, love, eternal life, omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence, immutability, and veracity.

While in His humanity, Jesus Christ is in a resurrected body, in His deity He is Spirit just as God the Father and God the Holy Spirit are Spirit.


Debate has no bearing on truth. John 1:1 compared with John 1:14 shows without equivocation that Jesus Christ is the Word. Phil 2:6-8 equally declares that Jesus Christ is God.

And Revelation 19:13 states that Jesus Christ is the Word of God.

Rev 19:13 'And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called The Word of God.
READ CAREFULLY. John 1:14 KJV says, “And the word was made flesh…” ‘Jesus’ became the “word” of ‘god’. It seems this abstract thing like the “word” in John 1:1 [Gk. logos] BECAME a ‘person’. In my view, the “word” [Gk. logos] in John 1:1 is something impersonal rather than a personal being.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 05:56 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
30,464 posts, read 22,599,417 times
Reputation: 14407
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
READ CAREFULLY. John 1:14 KJV says, “And the word was made flesh…” ‘Jesus’ became the “word” of ‘god’. It seems this abstract thing like the “word” in John 1:1 [Gk. logos] BECAME a ‘person’. In my view, the “word” [Gk. logos] in John 1:1 is something impersonal rather than a personal being.
In His humanity, He is called Jesus. As God, He is Yah-weh or Jehovah.

There is nothing impersonal about the Word in John chapter one. In verses 1 through 4 The Word is referred to with the masculine personal pronouns 'He',and 'Him' four times.

Jesus has always been The Word. He did not become The Word. The Word became flesh.

Once again, John 1:1-14 and Phil 2:6-8 are two of the clearest scriptures attesting to the deity of Christ.

I do not think that you are going to listen to me. Therefore, I suggest that you do some honest research on the matter. Talk to a pastor. Google the subject. Fundamental Christianity recognizes the deity of Christ. It is groups like the Jehovah's Witnesses that deny His deity.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
 
151 posts, read 143,951 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In His humanity, He is called Jesus. As God, He is Yah-weh or Jehovah.

There is nothing impersonal about the Word in John chapter one. In verses 1 through 4 The Word is referred to with the masculine personal pronouns 'He',and 'Him' four times.

Jesus has always been The Word. He did not become The Word. The Word became flesh.

Once again, John 1:1-14 and Phil 2:6-8 are two of the clearest scriptures attesting to the deity of Christ.

I do not think that you are going to listen to me. Therefore, I suggest that you do some honest research on the matter. Talk to a pastor. Google the subject. Fundamental Christianity recognizes the deity of Christ. It is groups like the Jehovah's Witnesses that deny His deity.
Well, Mike555, what would you have to say about these contradiction to your claims: John 8:28-29, John 12:44 & 49-50, and Acts 7:55-56 just a few to list.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 07:28 PM
 
151 posts, read 143,951 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, it is not. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are the triune God. They are co-equal and co-eternal. Three Persons who are ONE God. The attributes of God consist of Sovereignty, righteousness, justice, love, eternal life, omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, vericity, and immutability. Each of these attributes comprise the essence of God and are possessed by all three Persons of the Godhead.

It was Jesus Christ who did the actual act of creation. It was through Jesus Christ that everything that exists does exist.

John 1:1 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2] He was in the beginning with God. 3] All things came into being by Him and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being....14] And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory as of the only born from the Father, full of grace and truth.'

Phil 2:5 'Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. 6] Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God. 7] But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. 8] And, being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The name Jehovah (Yah-weh) is applied to each of the three Persons of the Godhead.

These are two of the strongest assertions in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. If anyone who cannot see from these passages that Jesus Christ is God, it is because they do not want to see.

There are many other passages that confirm the deity of Christ.

Now you say that the words God the Son are not found in the Bible. Neither is the word 'trinity' found. But God is triune. The title 'Son of God' refers to the deity of Christ.
The trinity is all man made ideals of THE MOST HIGH, THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS; first of all THE FATHER himself never revealed in anyway of form or fashion that he is a three in one deity no where in scripture, "I do not claim any denomination, but lets not go pointing fingers, cause if you point your finger you would have three fingers pointing back at you" just look @ your hand when you point it @ something or someone. However life is for learning for those who are really are his people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 PM
 
Location: God's Country
22,752 posts, read 32,919,516 times
Reputation: 31458
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
The trinity is all man made ideals of THE MOST HIGH, THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS; first of all THE FATHER himself never revealed in anyway of form or fashion that he is a three in one deity no where in scripture, "I do not claim any denomination, but lets not go pointing fingers, cause if you point your finger you would have three fingers pointing back at you" just look @ your hand when you point it @ something or someone. However life is for learning for those who are really are his people.
You are wrong, the Bible is very clear about the Trinity, Jesus is, was and will always be God and the only finger I am pointing at is the Bible.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
 
151 posts, read 143,951 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You are wrong, the Bible is very clear about the Trinity, Jesus is, was and will always be God and the only finger I am pointing at is the Bible.
Please reveal those scripture from the scriptures for me please, cause i am still learning.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
 
Location: God's Country
22,752 posts, read 32,919,516 times
Reputation: 31458
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
Please reveal those scripture from the scriptures for me please, cause i am still learning.
Here are a few...Genesis 1:26, John 1:1-5 (in fact the entire book of John), Philippians 2:6, John 14:9-10, Matthew 3:16-17. Read this entire thread, I think Mike has posted more verses that prove Jesus is God. Either Jesus is God or the whole Christian faith is a fraud because it is based on on one person, Jesus who said He is God and Jesus is truth and the hope of our salvation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
30,464 posts, read 22,599,417 times
Reputation: 14407
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Here are a few...Genesis 1:26, John 1:1-5 (in fact the entire book of John), Philippians 2:6, John 14:9-10, Matthew 3:16-17. Read this entire thread, I think Mike has posted more verses that prove Jesus is God. Either Jesus is God or the whole Christian faith is a fraud because it is based on on one person, Jesus who said He is God and Jesus is truth and the hope of our salvation.
Well said ILNC! Jesus claimed to be God and therefore He has to be God, or He was a liar and a fraud and the greatest deceiver the world has ever known, and there is no hope after death.

But He did not lie. He is who He said He is, and who both the Old and New Testament proclaim Him to be - He is almighty God.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
30,464 posts, read 22,599,417 times
Reputation: 14407
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
The trinity is all man made ideals of THE MOST HIGH, THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS; first of all THE FATHER himself never revealed in anyway of form or fashion that he is a three in one deity no where in scripture, "I do not claim any denomination, but lets not go pointing fingers, cause if you point your finger you would have three fingers pointing back at you" just look @ your hand when you point it @ something or someone. However life is for learning for those who are really are his people.
Yes God the Father did indeed reveal that He is triune. In the very first chapter of Genesis in verse 26. 'Then God said, ''Let US make man in OUR image,according to OUR likeness.

And then in Gen 1:27 it says, ''And God created man in HIS own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Note the contrast between verse 26 in which God is spoken of in the plural, and then in verse 27 where God is spoken of in the singular.

Gen 1:26 is God the Father speaking to the other two Person's of the Godhead. He was not talking to the angels. The angels did not take part in the creative act. God was not referring to Himself in the 'royal we.'

Turn to Isaiah 48:12 This is Jesus speaking. ''Listen to Me O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.'

Compare the phrase in Isaiah 48:12 'I am He, I am the first, I am also the last' with other passages in the New Testament where Jesus identifies Himself as being the first and the last.

Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: ''Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.''

Revelation 2:8 ''To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.''

Revelation 22:13 ''I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.''

Now back to Isaiah. Isa 41:4 ''Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD--with the first of them and with the last--I am he.''

Isa 43:10 ''You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.''

Isa 44:6 ''This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.''

Now in all those passages, it is God who is said to be the first and the last. And it is Jesus who is said to be the first and the last. Jesus Christ is God.

Now look at Isaiah 48:16 where the LORD (Jesus) is still speaking. ''Come near to Me, listen to this; From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, I was there, And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit.''

In these passages Jesus is shown, and the trinity is shown. Isa 48:16 shows the trinity clearly. Genesis 1:26 shows the plurality of the Godhead which is a united One.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top