Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Jesus is GODS SON NOT GOD....there is a huge difference between a son and a father. Jesus is NOT GOD.
Answer the question...that is an assumption based on nothing.
Your attempt to address the question I asked has failed, therefore your claim is in error. Sorry, but you had better get back to the Word of God, and for the love of our Lord...PRAY in Jesus' name....that will get you somewhere. It did for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
It would be refreshing to see more posts from those who understand that Jesus Christ is God, and that God is of a triune nature. It get's tiresome only hearing from the critics and naysayers. So if you are reading this thread, and recognize the deity of Christ, make yourselves known.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:59 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Answer the question...that is an assumption based on nothing.
Your attempt to address the question I asked has failed, therefore your claim is in error. Sorry, but you had better get back to the Word of God, and for the love of our Lord...PRAY in Jesus' name....that will get you somewhere. It did for me.
When you properly answer my question....I will answer yours....if you CAN'T answer my question, then just admit it and I will move on. Just answer how Jesus can be presented to GOD and still be GOD.

BTW...I am well aware of the relationship of the OT with the NT...which has absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked of you.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:01 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It would be refreshing to see more posts from those who understand that Jesus Christ is God, and that God is of a triune nature. It get's tiresome only hearing from the critics and naysayers. So if you are reading this thread, and recognize the deity of Christ, make yourselves known.
Yes...it gets extremely TIRESOME hearing from those who don't know or understand the difference between a Father and a Son and their relationship. ROFL!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Ever since Jesus Christ came into the world, He has been and will forevermore be the unique person of the universe. He is both true humanity, and eternal and infinite God in one person. He is in nature, co-equal and co-eternal with both God the Father and with God the Holy Spirit. It is only in position as it relates to God the Fathers eternal plan of salvation, that Jesus Christ voluntarily assumed the role of a servant, and as a man, he was submissive to the Father as a Son.
Yes Mike,
John1:1-5
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

That sums it up...Jesus is God yet with God. Through Jesus all things were made.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
When you properly answer my question....I will answer yours....if you CAN'T answer my question, then just admit it and I will move on. Just answer how Jesus can be presented to GOD and still be GOD.
I answered it...over four times. Go back and read the thread again.
And most likely after four times, if you can't see it, you never will unless you submit to Jesus and ask Him to reveal it to you...then you will see. Try it. You can always revert back to your eisegetical interpretation.

Quote:
BTW...I am well aware of the relationship of the OT with the NT...which has absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked of you.
You obviously don't...and neither do you understand the prophets in the OT and how they pictured and wrote about the Messiah....hence their continuous executions by the Jewish Polity.

And for the record, I don't play this tat for tat games. I search for the truth, and debate it as well. We answer questions, and even if they aren't good enough for some, doesn't mean the conversation can't continue. Your inability to even attempt an answer shows you are lacking much in the revelation of the Holy Scriptures, or for that matter, anything outside of your little realm of the UR doctrine. It's about the truth, not about what you think truth is, because that, is always doomed to failure as it comes straight form the flesh.

Try getting on your knees and pray in Jesus' name.
Then you will baptized with fire.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Yes...it gets extremely TIRESOME hearing from those who don't know or understand the difference between a Father and a Son and their relationship. ROFL!!!
He's talking about you you know?

Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes Mike,
John1:1-5
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

That sums it up...Jesus is God yet with God. Through Jesus all things were made.
Thank you. Let's hear from more posters who recognize the Deity of Christ, and the triune nature of God.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
ChristyGrl,
a hit dog barks.

I notice our detractors such as Sciotamicks bark the loudest so he must feel threatened the most.

Notice how Mike and Sciotamicks refuse to approach with sound words? Here is something in reference to that . . .

Quote:
The words of Scripture are clear. Philippians 2:5-8, and John 1:1-5, are declarations of the Deity of Christ. They reveal the foolishness and the absurdity of those who against all reason, continue to deny the Triune nature of God, the Deity of Christ. The beliefs of cultists who deny these truths are not beliefs consistant with the revealed Word of God. The more you bluster and bellow your heresies, the more you expose yourselves for what you are. And no more time need be wasted on those who will not listen. True Christians know you for what you are.
"Triune nature of God" is not in the Bible.
John 1:1-5 show distinctions between the Word and God rather than likenesses.

A word being "toward God" cannot be God. How can a word be God. It points us to God.

If the word WAS God, when did it cease being God.

You need to learn the difference between relative and absolute.

When God told Moses that he (Moses) is God and Aaron his prophet was that "God" being used in the relative or absolute?

When Jesus told the Jews "Did I not say ye are Gods"? was that in the relative or absolute?

When God told His Son, Heb 1:8 "Yet to the Son: "Thy throne, O God, is for the eon of the eon, And a scepter of rectitude is the scepter of Thy kingdom." was that relative or absolute?

There can't be two Gods. The Bible already tells us "There is one God, the Father."

There can't be three Gods because the holy spirit is God's spirit just as the spirit of Christ is Christ's spirit.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
[/i]

John 1:1-5 show distinctions between the Word and God rather than likenesses.

A word being "toward God" cannot be God. How can a word be God. It points us to God.
LOGOS EN THEOS - Word was God

Simple grammar here, and you dance around like the rest of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity