Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 AM

145 posts, read 224,645 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever purchased/watched Christian DVD movies? I am interested in seeing the DVD “In the Blink of an Eye” by PureFlix Entertainment. I saw some previews on DayStar television on our local cable channels and it looked interesting. It’s about a couple who go on this get-a-way vacation on a yacht and she disappears. Then the next day the day starts the same as the day she disappears and the husband relives it all over again. Until he figures out what’s going (that it’s the end) this continues and gets worse. The story is about the worldwide event in biblical prophecies known as The Rapture. I wondered if anyone saw any of these types of movies and if they were worth watching. This one kind of caught my attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 08:04 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credo View Post
Has anyone ever purchased/watched Christian DVD movies? I am interested in seeing the DVD “In the Blink of an Eye” by PureFlix Entertainment. I saw some previews on DayStar television on our local cable channels and it looked interesting. It’s about a couple who go on this get-a-way vacation on a yacht and she disappears. Then the next day the day starts the same as the day she disappears and the husband relives it all over again. Until he figures out what’s going (that it’s the end) this continues and gets worse. The story is about the worldwide event in biblical prophecies known as The Rapture. I wondered if anyone saw any of these types of movies and if they were worth watching. This one kind of caught my attention.
I bought this today after you posted this. Even though I don't believe in a "rapture" as told by modern Christians, it was none the less an enlightening movie. We should all be ready as virgin bridesmaids with their lamps full. You never know when this will end, or when this flesh gives out and dies. It is what makes the Christians different than many others. We welcome physical death for the spiritual gain.

Other great Christian movies:

Facing the Giants
Flywheel
Fireproof
The perfect stranger
The ultimate Gift
Hidden Places
Though none go with me
The Judas Project
Joshua

I know there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,080 times
"It was meant to be the perfect getaway, suddenly it became a horrific vacation for Detective David Ramsey (David A.R. White). While aboard a private yacht on the shimmering Sea of Cortez, David’s wife and friends suddenly disappear.

During the investigation, as David’s police Captain (Eric Roberts) is helping him unravel the mystery, David is shocked to wake up from the terrible nightmare…or was it?

Caught in the recurring turmoil of knowing tragedy is inevitable, David realizes he is powerless to stop it. As each day repeats, David discovers evidence of a worldwide event known in Biblical prophecies as The Rapture. Now he must fight unseen forces to uncover the truth before time runs out." (IMDB.com)

Silly. These simply are to fill the pocketbooks of those "Christian" movie makers. The story is silly and the pre-tribulation rapture is false. Don't waste your money.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:30 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
"It was meant to be the perfect getaway, suddenly it became a horrific vacation for Detective David Ramsey (David A.R. White). While aboard a private yacht on the shimmering Sea of Cortez, David’s wife and friends suddenly disappear.

During the investigation, as David’s police Captain (Eric Roberts) is helping him unravel the mystery, David is shocked to wake up from the terrible nightmare…or was it?

Caught in the recurring turmoil of knowing tragedy is inevitable, David realizes he is powerless to stop it. As each day repeats, David discovers evidence of a worldwide event known in Biblical prophecies as The Rapture. Now he must fight unseen forces to uncover the truth before time runs out." (IMDB.com)

Silly. These simply are to fill the pocketbooks of those "Christian" movie makers. The story is silly and the pre-tribulation rapture is false. Don't waste your money.
Oh, you saw it then?

I bought it, and it wasn't a waste of money.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:10 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I bought this today after you posted this. Even though I don't believe in a "rapture" as told by modern Christians, it was none the less an enlightening movie. We should all be ready as virgin bridesmaids with their lamps full. You never know when this will end, or when this flesh gives out and dies. It is what makes the Christians different than many others. We welcome physical death for the spiritual gain.

Facing the Giants
Flywheel
Fireproof
The perfect stranger
The ultimate Gift
Hidden Places
Though none go with me
The Judas Project
Joshua

Those are all extremely good movies and very edifying....the only one I didn't like was the Judas Project....not that the story wasn't good but the acting left a lot to be desired...LOL

I tend to stay away from all the futuristic stuff though just because it is so unbiblical.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:30 AM

145 posts, read 224,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Facing the Giants
Flywheel
Fireproof
The perfect stranger
The ultimate Gift
Hidden Places
Though none go with me
The Judas Project
Joshua

I bought it too. I guess I'm what others consider a sucker but it looked interesting to me. Thanks for your input.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I figure with bazillion other DVD's in my house what's one more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity