Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 09:40 AM

125 posts, read 301,782 times

Advertisements

I have really learned even more by visiting these forums. There are some things you are just suppose to know in life and I don't know them all.

It's is a blessing to be able to ask about different areas anonomously

I made a huge mistake when I was in the 8th grade. Boy, we were studying Darwin's theory at school and I had questions about it and I ask some of the church elders about it. The result was: They made me confess because of this, that I did not believe in God. I had to do this in front of my grand parents It was very humiliating. I often felt after that, that I had blasphemed against God. I should have stood my ground and stood up for God, I just wanted to go to bed that night and get out of thier sight. I could not believe it was happening. I lost some respect for all of them after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 09:48 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinkerInTex View Post
I have really learned even more by visiting these forums. There are some things you are just suppose to know in life and I don't know them all.

I made a huge mistake when I was in the 8th grade. Boy, we were studying Darwin's theory at school and I had questions about it and I ask some of the church elders about it. The result was: They made me confess because of this, that I did not believe in God. I had to do this in front of my grand parents It was very humiliating. I often felt after that, that I had blasphemed against God. I should have stood my ground and stood up for God, I just wanted to go to bed that night and get out of thier sight. I could not believe it was happening. I lost some respect for all of them after that.
I hear you, unfortunately there is something not taught to many Christians both young and old and that is the importance of apologetics. Where did God come from? Is the existence of God logical? etc....

Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 AM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:

None of them deserve ANY respect for their carnal and worldly views and rejection of our hard won knowledge about reality. Ignorance is NOT to be praised and mandated in God's name!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:41 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I hear you, unfortunately there is something not taught to many Christians both young and old and that is the importance of apologetics. Where did God come from? Is the existence of God logical? etc....
Although I don't prescribe to rationalizing about God (who is spirit), R.C. Sproul was always a great debater on these things. Classical Apologetics is a great peace by him and John Gerstner. Beware though that God has promised to frustrate those who try to fathom that which is unfathomable.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,716 times
Quote:

It's very nice to read such an uplifting post that recognizes the many people of good will here who take the time to try to clearly articulate to and discuss with others the doctrines they follow--this is not always an easy task

Old 12-14-2009, 12:25 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Yes, I too agree the forum is a great place to learn from. There is a profound mish-mash mix of all kinds of Christians, all kinds of denominations (and no denominations), and a sprinkling of non-believers and other religions as well. We get to see the beliefs and perspectives of a lot of different people and faiths. I too have learned a lot here.

Bud

Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
The way to learn and grow is to hear all aspects and sides... to hear other opposing views and beliefs. So many of the so called christian forums out there don`t want any other voices to be heard. They don`t want to debate or listen to anyone else. They shut themselves in a box. That is how cults and closemindedness begins. They believe they are the only ones who have the truth and anyone else is considered an outsider and is to be shunned. So I agree,this is a good place for those who are openminded and truly seek the truth. Everyone is welcome here to share their belief. I think that is the basis for growing,learning,and maturing. I have learned much from those here who are much more knowledgable than me. I`ve growing stronger in my faith. Listening to other views has only solidified the view I already had. I have become even more strengthened in my belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity