Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 04:04 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,071 times

Advertisements

[quote=MysticPhD;12085802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Since her message of love is virtually the same one Christy and I have been presenting . . . you'll have to forgive me for assuming that your reference to our "demonic" responses placed such views in among those of the demons (and you know what their fate is, right?)

You are really thin-skinned, Mystic. It was a simile (a "figure of speech").

Even assuming arguendo that I meant to imply that the viewpoints you were expressing were "demonic," how could you possibly make the leap that the fact that you presently hold them means that you are "destined to burn in hell?"

Human beings don't decide who goes to heaven and who goes to hell -- God does!

Further, as a traditional, orthodox Christian, I believe in the miracle of Grace. I have seen individuals caught heavily in New Age deception come out of it and into the light of the Gospel through God's Grace.

Who's to say what beliefs ANY of us here will hold moment we cross over? And yes, that means you, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 04:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Sciotamicks,

You are absolutely correct and thank you for pointing this out!

As Constance Cumbey, probably the premier Christian researcher on the New Age movement, has said: "There is nothing 'new' about the New Age Movement." In fact, its origins can be traced right back to the deceptions in the Garden of Eden ("Thou shalt be as gods").

As Cumbey also points out though, the New Agers are "on the militant move once again" and this can be seen in both the political and religious arenas. They appear to be infiltrating particularly successfully in both Pentecostal and Evangelical denominations in the U.S.

The whole "emerging church" movement is especially worrying.
I really liked her book. I used to frequent a forum she was a part of...remember Herb Peters? God bless him, he was a dear friend to me.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I really liked her book. I used to frequent a forum she was a part of...remember Herb Peters? God bless him, he was a dear friend to me.
That's right -- Fulfilled Prophecy. I've read the two Cumbey books but not Herb's books. I haven't been over to his website in a long time--as far as I know it's still active.

I believe Peters and Cumbey worked together fairly closely when he was alive. There are very few Christian writers of the same calibre doing the kind of work Peters and Cumbey did (Cumbey is still active).

Old 12-19-2009, 01:58 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Man wrote the bible, not God.

You are on a Christian discussion forum, so it should not surprise you to find that I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, not a "mere book."

If God had not intened for us to communicate with the spirit world, He would not have made it possible.

This is absurd.

Let's follow your argument to its logical end.

"If God had not intened for us to _________, He would not have made it possible."

Fill in the blank with the word "murder."

None of you can get common ground over it. I've yet to see two or three people agree on the exact same things.

Then you have never met a group of orthodox Catholics.

It's funny, there are other Divine Love Christians on this board and none of us disagree on any part of our beliefs. hmmm. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it

No, it does not make me wonder -- it makes me sad.
Fill in the blank? It's not about filling in the blank and you know it. I made a statement for one thing in particular and you want to sidestep to filling in the blank with your own statement. Your twisting.

What makes me sad is the fact that I promote the very things that Jesus taught and yet you still do not agree although it's in your bible. So, either the book is not the word of God or you want to disagree because you don't like how I get the information I'm being taught.

Just trying to clarify, you don't believe in the one God and you don't believe in Loving that one God and each other. By your words, following those beliefs is sad. I get it now. The bible is the word of God except the things that are believed by another christian sect. Just had to see it written down. Good luck with that one.

Just so you know, it's never about the messenger, it's always about the message. The Padgett messages promote Love, peace, brotherhood, mercy, forgiveness, humility, compassion, understanding and all that is good. You didn't spend enough time studying the content. You read how the messages were channeled and you assumed the worst just like every other closed minded individual. Look at the content and not at the author. Each message holds love at it's core. None of the messages are 100% truth but they each have the truth of LOVE. That is the message of Jesus. L O V E.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 AM

Fill in the blank? It's not about filling in the blank and you know it. I made a statement for one thing in particular and you want to sidestep to filling in the blank with your own statement. Your twisting.

The only justification YOU offered for "channeling" being "acceptable" to God was the fact that he gave man the capacity to channel.

I was proving the falsity of your argument by showing that the fact that God gave man the capacity to do something is NOT evidence of the fact that He approves of that thing.

This is basic reasoning, it is not "twisting," and wishful thinking and bloviating on your part will not make it so.

God expressly forbids "channeling" in the Torah.

Just trying to clarify, you don't believe in the one God and you don't believe in Loving that one God and each other. By your words, following those beliefs is sad. I get it now.

On the contrary, I DO believe in the one God and I DO believe in His commandments: (1) Love Him with all your heart, soul, and mind and (2) love your neighbor as yourself.

What I find "sad" is not Jesus's commandments, or God's commandments as revealed in Torah, but rather YOUR practice of "channeling" -- something expressly prohibited by God in Deuteronomy.

Look at the content and not at the author. Each message holds love at it's core.

I have no interest in looking at the product of "channelings" to James Padgett or anyone -- a practice expressly forbidden by God--any more than I have in looking at phrases that are spelt out on a Ouija board, no matter how loving and truthful those phrases may be.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:11 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:

The only justification YOU offered for "channeling" being "acceptable" to God was the fact that he gave man the capacity to channel.

I was proving the falsity of your argument by showing that the fact that God gave man the capacity to do something is NOT evidence of the fact that He approves of that thing.

This is basic reasoning, it is not "twisting," and wishful thinking and bloviating on your part will not make it so.

God expressly forbids "channeling" in the Torah.

Just trying to clarify, you don't believe in the one God and you don't believe in Loving that one God and each other. By your words, following those beliefs is sad. I get it now.

On the contrary, I DO believe in the one God and I DO believe in His commandments: (1) Love Him with all your heart, soul, and mind and (2) love your neighbor as yourself.

What I find "sad" is not Jesus's commandments, or God's commandments as revealed in Torah, but rather YOUR practice of "channeling" -- something expressly prohibited by God in Deuteronomy.

Look at the content and not at the author. Each message holds love at it's core.

I have no interest in looking at the product of "channelings" to James Padgett or anyone -- a practice expressly forbidden by God--any more than I have in looking at phrases that are spelt out on a Ouija board, no matter how loving and truthful those phrases may be.
No problem.

Have you ever had the feeling that someone was watching you and you turn to discover that someone is? Ever had the feeling or thoughts of another and find that they call you while your thinking of them or later on in the day? Ever thought of someone out of the blue and sure enough, they come visiting or you meet them some place by accident?

If you answer yes to any of those questions then you are communicating soul to soul. That is the precept of channeling.

In the Padget messages, the mediums are told to pray for God's Divine Love so that they can eventually channel the higher truths. It doesn't happen overnight but with time. Our mediums aren't like those you would find on the street. Our mediums must acquire Divine Love and raise their spirituality. If you read the history of James Padgett, you would know this.

It's ok that you don't believe in channeling. You have been taught that it's wrong. I've never been taught that and that's ok too. We agree to disagree but the content is the exact same. You believe in the messsage of Jesus. To Love God and each other. That is what's important. Not where the information comes from but what the bible or the Padget messages convey. If it's done in Love, it is of God. Anything, I mean anything not done in Love is never from God. Your OT of the bible proves that, even though you would claim God had His reasons for killing and raping. God didn't inspire anyone to harm another. He would be a sinner if that ever happened and God is absolute perfection.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:15 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
I have seen individuals caught heavily in New Age deception come out of it and into the light of the Gospel through God's Grace.
Isn't that a coincidence . . . as a Christian Mystic I have seen individuals caught heavily in tradition and doctrinal deception created by the "precepts and doctrines of men" come out of it and into the light of Jesus's love through His grace.
Quote:
Who's to say what beliefs ANY of us here will hold the moment we cross over? And yes, that means you, too!
Ipse Dixit.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Isn't that a coincidence . . . as a Christian Mystic I have seen individuals caught heavily in tradition and doctrinal deception created by the "precepts and doctrines of men" come out of it and into the light of Jesus's love through His grace.
So have I . It is hard to let go of the popular teaching of an organized fundamentilist religion. But with God`s help,anything is possible.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:42 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
So have I . It is hard to let go of the popular teaching of an organized fundamentilist religion. But with God`s help,anything is possible.

Let go of popular organized teachings?

Are not you a UR type....that seems to be pretty organized in the sense of its disorganization. As far as Christianity as a whole is, it is well organized in its core beliefs, and rightly so, from tireless hours of examination of the language and faith. What you are famous for, is discrediting the tireless work of those that have organized it, so that you can preach another gospel. Shame on you.

If you go against the The Westminster Confession of Faith, which is rooted on the scripture, then you are certainly outside of the church, as a whole.

The root and stump is never bad, but the branches need pruning.

Ask yourself this, are you going to be pruned?

Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
sciotamicks,

What is not of the spirit is to be pruned

We all have things that will be pruned

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity