Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:21 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,147,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ill try again. the wife does not want to walk or work out she likes to sit on the couch and eat. if i push her at all about it she will divorce me.
if she gets fat so what, she doesnt care about how i feel. no consequences for being fat. neither did esther care how others felt, she looked good bek she had to-- to accomplish her mission, pretty gruesume mission btw.
and I am sorry about that.. which is the basis for my topic here. I just don't understand this and it is sad. Peace to you brother and May the Lord supply all your needs and desires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 12:54 AM

245 posts, read 955,790 times
It is sad that some people don't have enough respect for themselves or their spouses to not care & let themselves go. I understand being sick, having an illness, can impair your looks/weight/hair etc. Even depression can lead to not caring....but to simply not care because you're already married & don't need to catch a man/woman.....that's just not right.....that's pure selfishness & laziness in my opinion. I don't mean that you have to be muscle bound, have six-pack abs, etc. Sometimes weight gain is hereditary, thyroid related, or just age related (hormone issues ladies & gents). It's the intentional overeating, not moving, not bathing, not caring attitude that stinks.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Well I don't like a beer belly - thank God I don't have one. As far as the second question I aint no girl either so I would not know - but some girls think it is cute - from what I hear.
I don't think beer bellies are cute AT ALL nor are they healthy. It is a known fact that for men especially excess weight around the middle poses a health risk to the heart because of the constant pulling of the heart muscles. If we are the temple of the Holy Spirit shouldn't we be taking better care of our bodies (temples)? Just a thought.

Maybe some ladies say it to be polite but honestly.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
No, it's totally ok. No problem at all.
I'm sorry you thought I was thinking you didn't have your priorities correct. Glad we're all straigthened out.
peace to ya.
...and you as well. Merry Christmas Maybe we will all get treadmills or gym memberships for Christmas, lol

Old 12-22-2009, 10:11 PM

I guess then, nobody struggles with a Christian spouse or friend who is out of shape? I am surprised that I am not getting more answers on this subject. Possibly everyone has just given up, grabbed a bag of chips and plopped on the coach for the Holiday Season until the New Years resolution time comes a week afterwards. Then everyone will make promises, keep them for awhile and when the going gets tough the weak will run back into their same old habits of gluttony and laziness. Sounds like a great testimony so back to your pre-tribulation threads everyone.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:57 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
a wife should do the steps needed to please her husband.

But the husband should lead by example and make sure his wife understands that the beauty found in her submissive heart to him, is the most prized part of her to his eyes....

Old 12-23-2009, 01:34 AM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
My husband loves me for who I am on the inside there is no doubt about it.

I personally am not happy when I gain weight and have to ditch the nice pair of blue jeans for the sweats. I had surgery last year and gained some weight post op....my husband never complained but I got into a bit of a rut and it had an affect on how I felt physically and emotionally. I stopped working out completely for a year. When I take the time to exercise, not only do I feel better, but I look better and there is no doubt that when I feel good this enhances the bond with my husband and I. Happy Wife equals Happy Life I also appreciate that he also makes an effort in his own appearance. When you look at your partner and love them inside and out.....you just feel blessed, especially if these feelings are still so strong after many years together.

I also believe that in a loving relationship, as you grow old together, the inside beauty seems to radiate more as the outside beauty ages.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:38 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
Im in the car...
She is still in the bathroom...

Im in the car,
She is still picking out what she will wear

Im in the car,
She is looking at her mirror.

Im in the car,
She appears....and I let her know that she was worth the wait.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:05 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times
I think our bodies are where the Holy Spirit dwells and we should take care of what God has given us. But we are also human and they are a lot of issues around that. I think we should want to look nice to others but not be consumed with that. We have a friend whose wife if very overweight and not very attractive in the world's eye and he treats her like a queen. He loves her for her heart and her spirit...now that's really love....

Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,470 times
Default What do you think? Should we strive to please our spouses by being physically attractive?

1 Timothy 4: 8For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. 9This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 Timothy 6: 6But godliness with contentment is great gain.

It all depends on what is more of a priority since bodily exercise profiteth little, and by stating that, there is a little profit from it as in a little benefit, ( I would imagine that would fall under the category of taking care of your body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit and thereby avoiding health ills usually associated with by not taking care of yourselves ) but if we are more concern about the inside of our mate than the outside, then achieving contentment together is great gain.

If we sow to the flesh of our mate to appeal to lust, then there may be a problem.

Oftentimes than not, in the course of dating, women go out of their way to appeal to the man by the outward appearance, and then when married, they wonder why the men have a wandering eye even if the women are keeping their physique and sex appeal. That is because lust never satisfies.

It is on this point, I bring the word of caution. If we sow to the flesh of our mate, then our mate may reap corruption unwittingly. Friendship is the basis for a relationship since romance has a way of fading away.

I'm single. I would have no qualms against working out with my mate if we were married and change my diet to suit hers since women have a more strict diet and eating foods she is trying to stay away from isn't polite nor helping her at all if I was eating it in front of her or having it in the house. Out of sight and out of mind is better for her and for me.

I have been blessed by God to keep that dreaded couch potatoe belly off of me, but I would still do the abs exercise if my mate needs to or wants to do it.

I would be very leery about her going to a co-ed gym to exercise by herself. I have seen two marriages fail on the account of the wife being on a bowling league by herself while the husband was unable to attend for whatever the reason. The first was my cousin whom put a gun in his mouth to end that marriage. The second, recently was a former neighbor, but they just went and got a divorce... and these two did everything together but the bowling thing.

Being how the gym setting is towards the world's stage of the pride of life... the lust of the eyes and then the lust of the flesh... not a good idea for her or for him to be going alone.

Both spouses need to be made aware of the fiery darts of the devil in how it can come and not say that their love will make them stand, lest they fall. Love is not boastful nor proud... love seeks the good of the other.. in serving the other for their well being and not for themselves for their sexual appetitie. We are in a fallen world in a fallible flesh so let us not kid ourselves. The devil is like a devouring lion out there.

It is not a sin to desire each other since her body is not her own as his body is not his own as they are one flesh, but let love reign and leave no place for lust nor pride to have its place in the home for godliness with contentment is great gain.

"The Lord is my shepherd... I shall not want..." May we trust the Lord to have us look at our spouse the way He wants us to since He is with us always. We are to bring every thought into cpativity with His help.

So exercise together will profit a little healthwise, but godliness with contentment is great gain as we lean on Our Shepherd to have no want.

Psalm 34: 9O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. 10The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing. 11Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? 13Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. 14Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity