Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 05:35 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

Jesus taught us that the world would hate His followers. Why or why not?

Here is Jesus telling His disciples that the world cannot hate them.

Jhn 7:7
"The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it, that its deeds are evil.

This verse is very profound. Jesus says the world hated Him, because He testified against it, which is definitely the case, since He testified against the rulers and religous leaders of that world. But it didn't hate the disciples as of yet,,,but they soon would.

Jesus gives His disciples a loving, releasing talk about their servanthood(students), then a commission, and then a warning along with it.

Jhn 15:14
"You are My friends if you do what I command you.

Anyone want to be friends of Jesus?

"No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Think we can have the revealings of Jesus made known to us as well? Or must we remain servants, or bondslaves? Well, we have His teachings, but they first must be made known to us, through the Holy Spirit.

"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and {that} your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.

How many of you all think YOU chose God, instead of the Spirit pulling you towards Him?

"This I command you, that you love one another.

Sounds simple enough, but sadly most have no clue what this command means. Is it simply enough to just say it? Is it simply enough to kinda live it? Or is it the complete transformation of the soul, a re-creation that starts with the heart, and then lights up the world? Don't we know people like this? Don't we long to see in the mirror dimly that face that once cursed God and man, and instead see the reflection of the Father working through our lives?

"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before you.

IF the world hates you!! What world? The entire earth, or the governing authorities of the place we live and call home? Why did they hate Jesus so much? Why did the Jews hate Him so much? Ask these questions, and it will be revealed to you, starting with Adam, and ending in Revelations.

The world SHOULD hate you. YOUR world should hate you. Your family might hate you. You boss may hate you. Your wife may hate you. Your country may hate you. They may gnash their teeth at you, for the things you say. Be still, and take comfort.

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

You are chosen. Those of you who call yourselves Christian must remember this. YOU ARE CHOSEN out of this world. You are in this world, but are not supposed to be OF it. Do you know what that means?

It means God the Father's Son, the King, Jesus Christ is Lord of your life. It also means that His government is at direct odds against the world and their godless governing authorities. From Cain's city, to our present day,,men have set up government against God's perfect plan. They try to imitate it, but to no avail. It takes a few short generations to enslave a populace. Our memories of the past grow dim, and histories get rewritten to favor man, and not God. Thankfully we have the written Word. God perserved it, for unless His Chosen People wake up,,,we will wander blindly in the wilderness searching for the promised land in some far off heaven,,,when God set up the greatest creation right here, right now,,,and men have desired to rule over it since.

For one thousand years after the fall of Jerusalem, Christianity enjoyed immense success. Every man was a king and priest, under the Head Jesus, King of kings, and Lord of lords. The High Priest.

We call ourselves Christian. We also call ourselves all sorts of "other" things, after the gods we choose. Labels that divide us, thus enslaving us to those divisions.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." is a real commandment, and the primary one. A god does not mean fantasy creatures of false religions. Look it up in it's usage of Jesus' day. A god were those who decided judiciary matters,,from the local judge, to the highest authority of the land.

We have so failed our King, thus far. We are students seeking teachers who are not filled with the Spirit of Truth. We blindly accept that, which we are not supposed to. We cry for kings to rule over us, not listening to the Samuels of our day. 1st Samuel 8:7. Again, who is OUR Leader, our King, our Governing AUTHORITY?

The Son has been given this appointment by His Father. The Apostles learned this, all the way to their deaths. The "world" TRULY hated them.

Does the world hate us, who call ourselves Christian? Or are we still wandering around, blind, making golden calves, being kept out of the promised land by that Flaming Sword of Truth, because we refuse in our comforts to accept the reality that Jesus is everything we need? His love that transforms us into the family of God, United in Spirit, with one purpose,,,,,to do the will of the Father!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 05:51 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
...a wonderful post Hot...I'm glad to be hated...if anyone does that is....

Old 12-22-2009, 05:58 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,899 times
1 Peter 4: 3For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: 5Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

That is being called out of the world, and that is why the world will hate us because we do not run as they do as we testify of Jesus Christ as He testifies that the works they do is of evil as they need the Saviour to save them from their sins.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i must be a great christian. have you seen some of these responses to my posts?

Old 12-25-2009, 06:24 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Great Christians are believers that humble themselves like little children to the Lord God. The world does not like christians because at the beginning of time The Lord God created the heaven and the earth and the animals with his multitude of angels and helpers who some were the same spirits today who now are demons and devils and fallen angels in the earth were helpers for the earth. Then the animals were not very responsive to him as a family He wanted to get his family were he created man. Man was not acceptable to the devil and his hords who rebelled and hate this man and The Lord even more. The devil tells the world how to think and what to say, but the Lord God does regulate his numbers in the earth This is why the world hates believers but Jesus more. BUT Jesus said`` Keep my commandment and I will hold you up in Heaven and clean the land for I have overcome the world``

Old 12-25-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Great Christians are believers that humble themselves like little children to the Lord God. The world does not like christians because at the beginning of time The Lord God created the heaven and the earth and the animals with his multitude of angels and helpers who some were the same spirits today who now are demons and devils and fallen angels in the earth were helpers for the earth. Then the animals were not very responsive to him as a family He wanted to get his family were he created man. Man was not acceptable to the devil and his hords who rebelled and hate this man and The Lord even more. The devil tells the world how to think and what to say, but the Lord God does regulate his numbers in the earth This is why the world hates believers but Jesus more. BUT Jesus said`` Keep my commandment and I will hold you up in Heaven and clean the land for I have overcome the world``
I agree that we must come to Him as a child. To learn, to live, to love, to serve. Unconditionally.

I do not agree with the whole devil argument. Men have been trying to rule other men out of their evil desires of coveting, theft, murder, dishonoring their parents, etc. Since Cain until now, violent men TAKE it(the Kingdom) by force.
They play the benefactor cards, giving gifts to the downtrodden that have been sacrificed to idols, namely THEM, by taking it from the rich and middleclass. Once the gifts are accepted, they are enslaved. Read Joseph's story in Egypt. It gives a blueprint how to enslave a populace.

Jesus came to set men free, and teach us how it was TRULY meant to be. For this, He was made an enemy of the state,,,both of Rome, and Israel. Men today who desire to be absolutely free, and give their hearts, minds, bodies and souls over to King Jesus,,are called fundamentalist wackjobs. They are also enemies of the state, even today. They are hated, for His Name's Sake.

Those who call themseles Christian, but are not, but rather are from the church of Satan, have their souls divided. They serve multiple gods. They are caught in a crossfire so to speak, between those who truly walk in the ways of the Lord, and those who seek to put out the Light permanantly. They play along with the spirit of the Hegelian Dialectic, and pick sides from which to battle and sadly, Satan controls both.

With Christ Jesus as our King, there is no side to pick. There just IS. The Light is never hidden, and it lights up the world. We are not a part of this world, so this world hates us. If it doesn't, then maybe we are not living as we should be. It doesn't matter the country(world), state(world), city(world), or community(world). Unless you are yoked with other believers, then those who are outside the Kingdom will seek to destroy you. Inlcuding those who call themselves Christian.

If you are yoked with other believers, welcome to the Church. The TRUE Church. When believers come together great things happen. When Jesus is made King over the lives of those who love Him, there is nothing on this ungodly world that can help you in your time of need, outside of His Body. In fact, Jesus Himself said do not worry about it(tomorrow's needs).

Old 12-25-2009, 07:22 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Jesus told us to be exceedingly glad about it.

Matthew 5
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Merry Christmas! Glory to God in the Highest!

Old 12-25-2009, 06:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD,
he makes even his enemies live at peace with him. Proverbs 16 verse 7

Old 12-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD,
he makes even his enemies live at peace with him. Proverbs 16 verse 7

This is true, but do you know what this verse means?

It means that when you are a king of your castle, so to speak, and you answer to the King of kings, living righteously in Love, then your enemy doesn't have much of a choice but to live in peace with you. Why?

Because EVERYONE in the Body of Christ lives as you do as well, pleasing to God. Hense, since there are so many kings, and a King above them,,,how then can your enemy conquer you? They can't. Therefore, when kingdoms of this earth were set up in a Godly way, with Jesus as King, then really there is nothing to worry about. It has always been this way, and always will.

I just pray that more will see this, and wake up.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:14 PM

303 posts, read 569,677 times
the world hates the truth about itself so it chooses to live in denial and hate the truth tellers
the world loves it sin more than God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity