Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 05:10 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,563,331 times

Advertisements

As children we were taught that Mount Rushmore is simply a significant national monument, but not that the mountains were the most sacred grounds for the Sioux nation. The U.S. government desecrated a holy land, the one place where the Great Spirit lived on earth, after reducing a population of 10 million 'True People' into a mere few hundred thousand by the 20th century.

What about in 1953 when the United States removed the democratically elected prime minister of Iran, Mohammed Mosaddeq, at the request of British petroleum corporations in order to "protect" Iranian oil from being nationalized. After the coup d'etat, from the American embassy in Teheran, the CIA trained and funded the SAVAK (Iranian secret service) and gathered intelligence against prominent Islamist leaders and members to bolster the authority of Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi's autocratic regime. The United State supported twenty six years of brutal oppression by the Shah and the deaths of countless intellects, activists, and civilians.

In 1979, the Iranian Revolution removed the Shah, the Soviets invaded/intervened in Afghanistan when the Islamists rebelled against the communist regime, and the Great Mosque in Mecca was stormed by Wahhabists. These three events occurred indepedently but under the same atmosphere of the people's desire for change and move away from the models that the western nations have created. The western project of building and supporting friendly regimes whose natural resources would be at the disposal of the western corporations was under threat. Saddam Hussein, threatened by the prospect of religious revolution in Iraq, invaded Iran over a minor border dispute.

Over the next decade the United States officially funded (the Iranians covertly received substantial amount of arms from the United States) the Iraqi military during the Iran Iraq War, arming the arsenal Saddam Hussein used to massacre the Iranian civilians and would use to invade Kuwait. Saddam Hussein was almost expected to return Iranian oil back into the hands of foreign investors and he failed miserably. Meanwhile, billions of dollars went to Afghanistan to support the armed insurrection of jihadists and mujahideen whose ultimate goal would be to not only defeat the Soviet Union but also the corrupt pro western dictatorships that were supported by the United States.

Having defeated the Soviets, many of the factions in Afghanistan began to establish a more radical form of Islamism. Many concluded that the United States was the key component in the continued corruption and oppression in Middle Eastern dictatorships. Radical plans involving commercial jets and skyscrapers began to be formulated by many of the same people who were funded by the CIA during the Soviet invasion.

One might continue with this retracking of middle eastern history but I'm sure you get the idea. We meddle and stir up anything in any country in the world in order to achieve what we perceive to be in our own interest. How can anyone blame the people whose land we have invaded and controlled for more than a century?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 08:01 AM

9,695 posts, read 10,035,424 times
America did not stir up Holy Wars, but it did open door with greed and covetness that This revolution in Iran was born Holy Wars are the wrong title. America does not start wars because 90% of people say that they are Christian. Its selfish policy are not received by Iran, or iqaeda groups. See the Harlot of babylon which spiritually rules over greed and covetness and high minded ideas are the enemy of these groups in the middle eastern culture. The wars are against this spirit or rich high mind muslins who idol is against allah God. And American stuck their nose into a culture that fought Christians in the past, but America are not financially motivated by religion.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The wars are against this spirit or rich high mind muslins who idol is against allah God. And American stuck their nose into a culture that fought Christians in the past, but America are not financially motivated by religion.
One might construe today's conditions to fit something other but it all started because we wanted their oil...PERIOD!

How would you feel if every day when you first stepped out the first thing you saw was troops from a foreign military? We have 170 military bases spread around the world and about 300,000 of our troops in other countries.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
First off I am not American so I believe I am unbias when talking about world history.

America is not a perfect country by no stretch of the imagination nor is it a Christian nation but the "Holy Wars" never stopped my friend, the crusades stopped but Gihad never did furthermore to single out America really isn't productive, Nations all over the world have done unspeakable things, would you like me to tell you how blacks sold other blacks to the white men as slaves to this country or what the indians like the Apache, Cheyenne or the Lokotas "sioux" did to the peaceful indians tribes.

This world is full of sin my friend and we all have blood on our hands but let me leave with you with a great piece of advice a very old wise conservative once told a brash, young, liberal dumb kid that might ease your animosity.

"In this world someone must rule, history dictates it so if not the U.S. then who else, what nation would you rather see rule; the Brits (not with their colonial track record), the French (have you seen the mess they caused in Africa) the Chinese, how about the Russians"

God is in charge my friend and whoever He puts in power is His will and for His purpose.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God is in charge my friend and whoever He puts in power is His will and for His purpose.
Well I'd like to meet that dude. I'd like to ask him what he's planning to do with the 900,000,000(about three times the population of America) in this world who are starving or dying from some complication of malnutrition. Most of them are children. What a ruler he is!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Well I'd like to meet that dude. I'd like to ask him what he's planning to do with the 900,000,000(about three times the population of America) in this world who are starving or dying from some complication of malnutrition. Most of them are children. What a ruler he is!
There is enough food to feed every person in this world my friend. (look at the food America alone throws away EVERYDAY!)

First off it's amazing how "the glass is half empty folks" forget how many people have food to eat in the world. Secondly the reason why there is lack of food is because of man; war, corruption, greed, lack of industrial/ education to produce or import food.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
There is enough food to feed every person in this world my friend. (look at the food America alone throws away EVERYDAY!)

First off it's amazing how "the glass is half empty folks" forget how many people have food to eat in the world. Secondly the reason why there is lack of food is because of man; war, corruption, greed, lack of industrial/ education to produce or import food.
But if what you asserted is the truth...why isn't ol' Gawd taking care of the starving youngsters?

There is no living god...he was killed in the big bang.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
But if what you asserted is the truth...why isn't ol' Gawd taking care of the starving youngsters?

There is no living god...he was killed in the big bang.
Why don't you? I can answer that but you will have 50 more like that one. You are not searching for truth but excuses not to believe in the truth my friend.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:44 PM

303 posts, read 570,113 times
your absolutely right Melvin thats why america is the HO of babylon
in the book of revelation.....

Old 12-24-2009, 10:48 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,158,264 times
Quote:
Umm, yea. His Name is Jesus the Risen Christ, King of kings, and Lord of lords. Our High Priest!

He still reigns to this day, but sadly as in 1 Samuel 8:7 the people, including the Christians have not harkened the Word of God. So, when they cry out in their misery, God says He will NOT hear them. 1 Samuel 8:18.

What is the prime commandment?

Thou shalt have NO other gods before me. Thou shalt love thy LORD thy God with ALL thy heart, mind, body, and soul.

Look up the word god in hebrew and greek. It isn't a mythological creature,,,it is a person of authority that acts in a judicial capacity. This appies to judges, kings, priests, governors, fathers, etc.

The Kingdom of Heaven is AT HAND. Heed the Word of the Lord, and repent. Break the yoke of this world, and let them hate you. Trust in Him when He says they will hate you. Why would they? Because you are set free from bondage. ALL bondage. IOW, there is no other authority except God and His Son, Jesus Christ. And in this capacity as a free person, out of our love for our brethern, we serve, and preach the good news.

It's time the Chistians get off their butts, and start acting like Christians. We have let this world have it's way, and we all know the way it desires to go. Enough is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity