Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,289 times

Advertisements

As more and more of those that profess Christ are turning to the wayside in seeing the evolution theory as true; let those that have ears hear...

It would be erroneous for anyone to place faith in science in giving us facts when fallible men are living in a fallible world as those that hate God will suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

Since nothing can be confirmed by anyone on the internet as mockers dance around acting like they know everything or have proven something, and some have been caught lying: let us look to Jesus for the answers.

Jesus referred to the first marriage.

Matthew 19: 4And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mark 10: 5And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Was He being figurative? The geneologies says He was not.

Luke 3:23- - Passage*Lookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Jesus said this about scriptures proving the authority of them.

John 10: 34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Matthew 26:54But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Mark 12:24And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The only way any believer is going to know the truth is to ask the Lord for wisdom in understanding His words as scriptures is the authority for finding the answers we seek.

1 Timothy 6: 20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Romans 3:4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

2 Timothy 4: 1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 9Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Amen and glory to God!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
As more and more of those that profess Christ are turning to the wayside in seeing the evolution theory as true; let those that have ears hear...

It would be erroneous for anyone to place faith in science in giving us facts when.................:

Excellent thread!!

I am still waiting for the evolutionist Christians to answer the question about death. If death entered the world after Adam and Eve sinned then the animals before them had to live forever but if the animals died then how did they die, why would God allow death among His creation for no reason, how will a just God justify death in the world without any reason.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:10 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Evolution is a THEORY. A theory isn't necessarily pure truth, in this case, because we can't truly understand how the universe began because none of us were here. Creationism is another theory, based purely on faith. Evolution is based on science. Neither could possibly be 100% correct. And evolution isn't taught as truth, it's taught as a theory.

Personally I could care less on either theory. Why waste my time trying to figure out what cannot be figured out? I believe there's some truth in evolution since it's based on science, but highly doubt it's exactly how we came about. I seriously doubt if God waved a magic wand and created it all either.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:22 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Personally I could care less on either theory. Why waste my time trying to figure out what cannot be figured out?.
You should and by the way, He spoke it into existence.

Herbert Spencer was a non-Christian scientist who died a century ago. His greatest achievement was that he determined that everything that exists fits into one of five categories—time, force, action, space, matter.

Genesis 1:1 revealed those categories millennia ago, “In the beginning,” that’s time, “God,” that’s force, “created,” that’s action, “the heavens,” that’s space, “the earth,” that’s matter.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Excellent thread!!

I am still waiting for the evolutionist Christians to answer the question about death. If death entered the world after Adam and Eve sinned then the animals before them had to live forever but if the animals died then how did they die, why would God allow death among His creation for no reason, how will a just God justify death in the world without any reason.
Thank you for another reminder of the truth of the Gospel exposing the works of darkness.

Romans 5:8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Believers should see history as His story as scriptures testifies to the glory of God in salvation through Jesus Christ.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:31 AM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Where does scripture indicate that death did not occur prior to the fall?

Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Evolution is a THEORY. A theory isn't necessarily pure truth, in this case, because we can't truly understand how the universe began because none of us were here. Creationism is another theory, based purely on faith. Evolution is based on science. Neither could possibly be 100% correct. And evolution isn't taught as truth, it's taught as a theory.

Personally I could care less on either theory. Why waste my time trying to figure out what cannot be figured out? I believe there's some truth in evolution since it's based on science, but highly doubt it's exactly how we came about. I seriously doubt if God waved a magic wand and created it all either.
I just don't understand why everyone can't agree to disagree on this issue.....and why so many make such a big deal out of it. Even if evolution were true.....it still had to start somewhere.....that means a creator/designer....even the smallest cell had to come from somewhere. When and where it started makes no difference in the long run because we will all go to the same END....back into the dust!

Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
It doesn't....so guess where that theory came from?

Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Romans 4:12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

John 8: 31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity