Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Just a little link about the lake of fire and Heaven.

Lesson 3: Eternity

When reference to Luke 16:24 is made and it calls it hell, it is Hades as opposed to the lake of fire.

The Word of God is serious about this. Don't disregard it because you don't like it or understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

When reference to Luke 16:24 is made and it calls it hell, it is Hades as opposed to the lake of fire.

The Word of God is serious about this. Don't disregard it because you don't like it or understand it.

I will spend Eternity with a brand new body in Paradise (Heaven) in the presence of my Lord Jesus who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Praise be to Father who has provided us a way to live as we were meant to live..

Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Where will You spend Eternity?
Same place I spend nowity.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:48 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I will spend Eternity with a brand new body in Paradise (Heaven) in the presence of my Lord Jesus who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Praise be to Father who has provided us a way to live as we were meant to live..
Yes you will. And 'worthy of all praise and glorification is God even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.' Eph. 1:3. Merry Christmas Raelyn.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:29 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
Quote:
Yes you will. And 'worthy of all praise and glorification is God even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.' Eph. 1:3. Merry Christmas Raelyn.
...and you as well. Merry CHRISTmas as we celebrate His birth instead of materialism. Amen.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:15 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
The ancient people were lack of a word expressing eternity in its modern sense

I recommend you to read the following links:

Alexander Thompson - Whence eternity?

Forever in the Bible - its scriptural meaning

you might also want to read two threads that I contributed to the topic in this forum:

What does Greek "eis ton aióna" mean?

Refuting Matt Slick from C.A.R.M.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:45 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Praise be to Father who has provided us a way to live as we were meant to live..
That phrase reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwY9yDL8WQ

Old 12-24-2009, 06:39 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:

Mike, don't you wonder why, if eternal torment were true, why God never broached the subject to the first couple in the garden? And why did God never broach the subject to the first murderer? Cain? And why did God never broach the subject to all the billions of people before the flood? And why, after the flood God never broached the subject?

If it is really true, why, in the whole Old Testament, did not never once broach the subject to any of humanity? Why the big secret?

Mike, the lake of fire is never said to be eternal. You know what God says in the prophecy? If anyone adds to or takes away from the words of this prophecy . . . they get the curses (but again, no mention of eternal torment) lucky for you for adding to the words of the prophecy.

Last edited by Eusebius; 12-24-2009 at 06:47 AM..

Old 12-24-2009, 06:55 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Mike, don't you wonder why, if eternal torment were true, why God never broached the subject to the first couple in the garden? And why did God never broach the subject to the first murderer? Cain? And why did God never broach the subject to all the billions of people before the flood? And why, after the flood God never broached the subject?

If it is really true, why, in the whole Old Testament, did not never once broach the subject to any of humanity? Why the big secret?

Mike, the lake of fire is never said to be eternal. You know what God says in the prophecy? If anyone adds to or takes away from the words of this prophecy . . . they get the curses (but again, no mention of eternal torment) lucky for you for adding to the words of the prophecy.
Total nonsense.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Amen....
Quote:
Psalm 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

This "fear of the Lord" is used in the OT to designate true religion, that is, a life which expresses its accountability to God. The awareness of accountability to God is seen as the foundation of wisdom.
In the OT it has no word for religion. This probably so because for the OT people all of life was religion. But the phrases "the fear of the Lord" come close to expressing what we mean by the term religion. It reflects a life-style which always takes into account that there is a all-wise, all-powerful, all-righteous God who holds people accountable for their behavior. To act sinfully is to act as though God is either too weak, to ignorant, or too inconsistent to enforce His will. To live in loving fellowship with God is possible only for those who "fear" Him.

Psalm 19:7-11
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening;
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Moreover by them Your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward.

In vv. 7-9, "The law of the Lord," the psalmist moves from general revelation in nature to special revelation in the Bible which goes beyond general revelation to demonstrate the moral nature of God's holiness.
The English word law translates Hebrew Torah, "guidance, teaching, instruction."
In the following verses several synonyms occur, stating characteristics of the law. These indicate the godliness which is intended to result from God's revelation. His work is converting; it changes and saves. His revelation is clean, cleansing the human spirit from sin.

In vv.10-11, God's truth is to be desired because by it His servant is warned against sin, and in keeping it finds the reward of a fulfilled life.

David in vv.12-13, saw that God's revelation is to pray for His help with errors, faults, and sins. God must dwell not only in nature and the Word, but in the human heart.
David in these verses indicates an understanding of inward sin. He recognizes that through God's enabling a person may live a blameless life before God. The presumptuous sins are sins against conscience and knowledge....

Let us have a heart like David and our prayer be, "Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression." (Psalm 19:12-13)

Ah Lord, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)

Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity