Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 04:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Pain, evil and death are not attributes to "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." Being the truth is only what is recorded in the Bible, there is nothing that says there was a "rougher world". Yes I admit, I have no idea what happened when a herd of elephants crossed paths with ants but it doesn't plague me to say that the ants somehow won out.

Seriously, Would I like it if someone called you and me (and likely Flyero) sick for simulating the eating of human flesh and drinking of blood when we take Communion?

A: If you mean to say "if someone (who admitted being homosexual) called me sick for simulating the eating of human flesh and drinking of blood when we take Communion " then I would reply this way:

It does not surprise me that you'd come to that conclusion. For it takes less spiritual discernment to realize that God condemns homosexuality than to correctly understand communion. God's Word is very clear about this subject. All one need to do is to re-read the scriptures that were posted about this for confirmation.

What I would like to know is why it is when somebody leaves the homosexual lifestyle, that they are not considered just as much an "expert" on this ? hmmm

It's like in politics... if a black person is vocally conservative, virtually every assult of name calling \ degrading is flung at him. Yet that exact thing happens to people who leave homosexuality. A few weeks ago, we had a man (from the DC area) speak at our Bible class who left the homosexual lifestyle. He spoke to the catagorically hostility by the pro-gay agenda groups and their sympathizers. It's amazing whom really has the intolerance, hostility, closed minded and homophobia and it's not the religious groups that the media love to find with the stupid signs..shouting their fool heads off.
Sorry, people don't 'leave homosexuality'. They can certainly choose to lie and pretend they are not homosexual and can pretend to live as a straight person. But they are still homosexual. They just choose not to identify themselves as such.

Science supports this. There is no scientifically rigorous study that shows that people can change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. They can certainly choose their sexual behavior, but not the way their brain developed while they were still in their mother's uterus.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes, in any reliable translation.
No. I've already seen you use translations that use the word 'sodomite' for the Hebrew word 'qadesh' which means male cult prostitute. (eg Deut 23:17)

Most modern translations now use the correct translation of this word.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
He created us with free will. God gave Adam only one simple rule and Adam broke that rule. God didn't create Adam to break the rule, He created Adam with free will. The very first human born killed his own brother. God didn't create Cain to be a murderer, He created him with free will. We choose to sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Don't blame God.
How on earth does a fetus choose the way it's brain develops in the womb?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:04 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Homosexual acts are a sin and it has been discussed over and over again. It is not going to change so bringing it up again and again hoping that some how someone found a loop hole is not working. I read a list of probably 20 sexual acts performed by homosexuals and the percentage that engaged in them and most were harmful in a psychological and/or physical way and that should send a message that such behavior would not be sanctioned by the Bible and God. Most of what is forbidden in Biblical law applies to what is healthful mentally/physically for the population and while some laws seem outdated, a little research into the times can explain the "whys", things like not eating pork because in the desert area the skin of the pigs because of the dryness of the area became cracked and infected thus making pork "unclean".

Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Homosexual acts are a sin and it has been discussed over and over again. It is not going to change so bringing it up again and again hoping that some how someone found a loop hole is not working. I read a list of probably 20 sexual acts performed by homosexuals and the percentage that engaged in them and most were harmful in a psychological and/or physical way and that should send a message that such behavior would not be sanctioned by the Bible and God. Most of what is forbidden in Biblical law applies to what is healthful mentally/physically for the population and while some laws seem outdated, a little research into the times can explain the "whys", things like not eating pork because in the desert area the skin of the pigs because of the dryness of the area became cracked and infected thus making pork "unclean".
Amen.....

Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Homosexual acts are a sin and it has been discussed over and over again.
Only in uneducated fundie world. Not according to most scholars and Christian history. The Church itself sanctioned same-sex unions for hundreds of years.

Your hatred and ignorance continues to blind you to something you want to be wrong because you don't understand it (or if you're male, probably struggle with yourself).

Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Only in uneducated fundie world. Not according to most scholars and Christian history. The Church itself sanctioned same-sex unions for hundreds of years.

Your hatred and ignorance continues to blind you to something you want to be wrong because you don't understand it (or if you're male, probably struggle with yourself).
The modern church? Hmm! One man had said about 2000 yrs ago said " The prince of this world commeth, but he has no hold on me"

The Prince of the world gave rise to what we see as churches, and other religions. They have no relationship with the ways and teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

The issue is rather taken the wrong way. Homosexuality is one of many sins. We should love and tolerate them , otherwise we commit even bigger sin. However, we should without failure keep praying for them and telling them the truth of scripture.

We should thank God for withdrawing the no nonsense angels that were there during the early church, otherwise many 'Christians' would have been gone by now.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Yes, the Bible has repeatedly stated homosexuality is a sin. Try reading it.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post

The Prince of the world gave rise to what we see as churches, and other religions. They have no relationship with the ways and teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
And you do? It's always amusing how you fundies support the Church if it agrees with you, and reject its tradition if it doesn't. Putting you in the obnoxious position of, "I can never be wrong no matter what I do or say".

Old 05-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Yes, the Bible has repeatedly stated homosexuality is a sin. Try reading it.
I have, countless times. You obviously think a superficial reading of an English translation is sufficient.

Lying for Jesus is a sin. Since homosexuality was not even discovered until 1900 A.D., it's impossible for the Bible to say "homosexuality is a sin".

And if you would bother to get an education, you'd realize that sexual rituals and prostitution in pagan temples is not the meaning of homosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity