Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 02:41 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And you do? It's always amusing how you fundies support the Church if it agrees with you, and reject its tradition if it doesn't. Putting you in the obnoxious position of, "I can never be wrong no matter what I do or say".

Fiyero,

You have simply got it confused. I do not support the Church, because the Church we see now is almost a fraud. It has nothing in Jesus. Let me explain.

If you read Acts, you will discover how powerful the church of God was. Annanais and wife paid with their lives for lieing- lieing! Think about that. Pastors and church leaders are getting away with worse things. The church which we have now is not the church founded by our Lord's disciples. A lot of water have gone under the bridge.

Christ had told us that, the prince of this World Cometh, but has nothing on him. The Prince of this world gave birth to the churches we now see and all other religions. They are religions of men and hence worldly.

Our churches preach wrong doctrine, have no Holy Spirit and hence do not have the accurate truth. It is a church of men , not of God. However the church (kingdom) of God with sound teachings, will eventually dominate as it is established by the creator himself.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:16 PM

102 posts, read 312,365 times
I do believe that homosexuality is a sin in the Bible, but I think it's just like everything else. The Bible never said Jesus died for certain people, and that he has no saving grace for homosexuals. The Bible says that all who believe, and try to live their lives for Jesus, will go to Heaven. I believe that there are Christian homosexuals, and I feel that they struggle with their sexual desires every day. I don't think God would send a homosexual Christian who lived for him, loved him, told others about him, and was active in church to hell.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:12 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRNStudent View Post
I do believe that homosexuality is a sin in the Bible, but I think it's just like everything else. The Bible never said Jesus died for certain people, and that he has no saving grace for homosexuals. The Bible says that all who believe, and try to live their lives for Jesus, will go to Heaven. I believe that there are Christian homosexuals, and I feel that they struggle with their sexual desires every day. I don't think God would send a homosexual Christian who lived for him, loved him, told others about him, and was active in church to hell.
==============

You make a great point, but you just pointed out that it is a sin, so likewise can we can the Christan murder, the Christian adulterer, the Christian thief that love God but wont turn from there sin because they believe they were born that way will go to heaven too even though they are struggling with there sins as well. If we truely love God through a relationship with jJesus and our bible says what we are doing is wrong, the holy spirit must lead you to truth to change from your ways. As much as straight people love sex, if the bible says sex is for marriage and they dont stop going from person to person, they fall under the sin of sexual immorality as well, so gay or straight will fall under the same judgement.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
i was taught catholic school that it wasn't, just acting on it was.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 PM

134 posts, read 155,249 times
I might be out of my understanding of The Bible says on homosexuality, because I haven't read all six veres pertaining to the subject. Though my understanding is that the considered sin is male-male intercourse, not homosexuality itself. Homosexuality could just be romance desires for or lesbian sex, and that by no means is that sinful,unless they are really,really hot lesbians . So, unless your interpretation directly says homosexuality is sinful. Then I'm going with no.Though I'll add not only do Ifind the concept of sin stupid, I think it's stupid to say, "Well, you can love each other,but you can't express it in the most physical way." Question, my ex-boyfriend accepted Jesus as his savior, believes The Bible,though I can't speak for his love life now but through the time we dated he never had sex with any man in his whole life. Does the fact that he loved me,( Just assume he did. ><) make him a sinner? I didn't use me because I'm proud godless atheist.My bisexualty has absolutely nothing with my atheism.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:25 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesser View Post
all right, all right, let me explain those verses, all of them are only reffering to homosexual behavior in pagan temples. This is true because there is a chance paul saw a pagan temple right before he wrote those verses and he just forgot to add the words"in pagan temples"because he was to angry at the pagans. It is also possible that in the leviticus verses, moses was only talking about pagan prostitution because he doesnt say pagan prostitution is bad in leviticus and he doesnt say that men having sex with each other is bad in dueteronomy, and because some of the rules of who you cant have sex with are repeated in dueteronomy, moses obviously meant"You shall not engage in homosexual pagan temple prostitution" when he said"You shal not lie with a man the same way you lie with a woman." Also, there must be alternivie meaning to the verses involving haveing sex with your aunt and uncle, seeing as those arent repated in dueteronomy either. The same with a woman having sex with her nephews, not repeated in dueteronomy, so the obvious meaning isnt the right one. same with grandparents, same with grandchildren, same with siblings in law, none of these rules are repeated in dueteronomy, so the obvious meaning isnt the correct one. duh
I think you're making too many assumptions.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:47 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRNStudent View Post
Wasn't Jesus active in 'church', so to speak, and didn't Jesus go to the Bible's hell the day he died ?______
Please keep in mind the Bible's hell is just the temporary grave for the sleeping dead until resurrected out of hell.
Once everyone in hell is 'delivered up' [resurrected ] out of hell, then according to Rev. 20 vs 13,14, emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic 'second death' for biblical hell.

Also, where does it say all who believe will go to heaven ?______

True, the Bible does talk of going to heaven for those who will be part of a first or earlier resurrection- Rev. 20 v 6
And Jesus did talk of everlasting life. Where does Jesus say heavenly life for all believers?
Adam was offered everlasting life on earth as long as obedient to God.
Adam was never offered heaven as an alternative.
All who died before Jesus [ John 3 v 13 ] are Not offered heaven.
That does not mean they will not gain everlasting life, just not life in heaven, but resurrected to healthy life on Earth.
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to Abraham that all families of Earth will be blessed, and all nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the healing or curing of Earth's nations.- Genesis 12 v 3; 22 v 18; Revelation 22 v 2.
They will be part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth forever.- Psalm 37 vs 11,29, 38-40; Prov. 2 vs 21,22.

Yes, [ according to 1st Corinthians 6 vs 9-11 A ] there are non-practicing homosexual Christians because it says using the past tense that is what some of you ' were '.

We are nearing the threshold ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 when the humble 'sheep' can remain alive on Earth, and keep right on living on Earth right into the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over Earth. Whereas, Jesus spiritual ' brothers' [ Matthew 25 v 40; 1st Cor. 15 v 50 ] are the ones who will be co-rulers in heaven with Jesus over Earth, or be over Earthly subjects of God's kingdom government in the hands of Christ Jesus for a thousand years.
- Rev. 5 vs 9,10; Psalm 72 vs 8,12-14.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
I don't feel that I need to use the search option, for one thing. This is a discussion board, so posting topics is allowed. Is there some prohibition against bringing up a topic that has been discussed before? I hope not, since it's always possible for new insights to be shared.
They just don't like it that you put it in a subject where the Bible can be quoted. It is a sin against the natural order of things.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:45 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
They just don't like it that you put it in a subject where the Bible can be quoted. It is a sin against the natural order of things.
If we look at from Scripture we all love members of the same sex and even David and Jonathan had a love greater than a man for a woman. It isn't same sex love it is same sex, well, sex. Sex is proper ONLY between a married man and a woman, according to Scripture. Consequently any man and man, woman and woman, or man and woman who have sex outside of marriage, are sinning. It has nothing to do with hating anyone nor does it mean God hates such. He hates the practice of sex outside of marriage.

It has nothing to do with attraction as men and women face the same problem. BUT just because you love and are attracted to someone physically is no reason to have sex in a manner (unmarried), that God hates. Simple.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:58 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
I'm so confused on this...

What if a man has sexual desire for men but never had sex with them?
Is that a sin,merely thinking about having homosexual sex(homosexual fantasies)?

Is the thought of the sin a sin itself?

Or is it actions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity