Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,388,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
well, aren't we suppose to evangelize, even if we don't really know what is in someone's heart. If they are not outwardly Christian, then I think it is fair to evangelize to them. Tiger Woods needs something only God can fill, that is certain.

No kidding.

The guy is (was) married to a norwegian underwear model, and she couldn't measure up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 06:46 PM

45,873 posts, read 27,530,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
well, aren't we suppose to evangelize, even if we don't really know what is in someone's heart. If they are not outwardly Christian, then I think it is fair to evangelize to them. Tiger Woods needs something only God can fill, that is certain.
Thank you...

Old 01-06-2010, 04:04 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,042,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reverend - I have to come back to this.

You can not believe this and be a Christian - because if really you knew what Christ provides, you would not even ask the question that is in bold above.
I stated it that way because God Himself is not religious. He could care less if we were christian, muslim, taoist or buddhist. What God looks at is the soul of the man. The soul has no religion. If you follow love, you don't need religion. I follow Christ because He is the personification of Divine Love. He is Love as God is Love. That is what makes me a Divine Love Christian.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:46 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,606,602 times
Wow! People hate Jesus

Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,092,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Wow! People hate Jesus
How is the work coming on those videos to backup your earlier accusations?

Also you mistakenly assume people hate Jesus. I doubt anyone in this thread (even the Atheists) "hate" Jesus.

What I "hate" is people using religion to advance their political aim. Its disgusting.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

Also you mistakenly assume people hate Jesus. I doubt anyone in this thread (even the Atheists) "hate" Jesus.

What I "hate" is people using religion to advance their political aim. Its disgusting.
I don't mistakenly assume nothing, of course they do....scripture says as much furthermore I don't know if Bret Hume is a Christian or not but if his heart was sincere for Tiger Woods then I for one applaud his advice to Tiger.

Is that what you really hate or do you hate Conservatives doing it? Liberal Christians do it all the time and yet I hear no peep out of you?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I don't mistakenly assume nothing, of course they do
People who posted in this thread. Do you hate Jesus?

Quote:
Bret Hume is a Christian or not but if his heart was sincere for Tiger Woods then I for one applaud his advice to Tiger.
It has nothing to do with his advice. It has to do with where he gave that advice. I could care less is Britt Hume had a blog or did an op/ed piece in a newspaper and said what he said. How you can come away with what I've posted in this thread and think that I thought otherwise is beyond me.

Quote:
[b]Liberal Christians do it all the time and yet I hear no peep out of you? [/B
Well I've asked for the video or a link Fundy.. you've yet to provide it. So really the "non-peeps" are coming from you...
Quote:
me to comment on The Washington Post then simply post a video of them "injecting their secular philosophy"..

I'll wait patiently for that video fundy.
and
Quote:

I'll keep waiting for that video Fundy.. anything at all. Until you provide it I'll just assume you to be a liar.

Post when a newscaster or a pundit injected their personal muslim beliefs or buddist beliefs into a story. I'll be happy to hate that too.. just so happens Fox News carefully straps a cross to their back every single morning thus they are my easiest target.

I'll wait for those videos of other newscasters or pundits injecting their personal religious beliefs into the story.

Again... let me know.
and
Quote:

I suppose I'll just keep waiting Fundy.. (wink wink.. nudge nudge).

Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 AM

13,774 posts, read 26,643,823 times
My first reaction was a bit of shock. Then I felt a bit guilty for feeling that way. I mean Christianity has helped Hume and what's so wrong about speaking your faith?

Still there's something about it that just doesn't set right with me. This seems like something you may say to a friend, but maybe you don't need to broadcast to the world. Also I am not sure he really understands Buddhism well enough to criticize it. In addition Tiger's situation with regard to Buddhism is different than some celebrities. His mother is a Buddhist, it's not something he came to purely as some kind of Hollywood fad. I know Christ said he will turn mother against son, but I personally tend to be a bit hesitant to do that of people I don't actually know.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
People who posted in this thread. Do you hate Jesus?

It has nothing to do with his advice. It has to do with where he gave that advice. I could care less............
How in the world do you break 3 lines down? It's very simple.....your hate clouds your judgment so bad that even when the name Christ is preached or acknowldged by a conservative that instead of rejoicing that Christianity reaches the mainstream you instead recoil and hide behind the world and it's philosophy

Everything happens for a reason, How do you know know God didn't cause Tiger Wood's downfall as a wake up call or that He sent Brett Hume to give Tiger a message or that others are sending a similar message to Tiger. All of what Tiger Woods is going through is for Tiger's good and God's glory so that God can raise Tiger from the ashes in a poor, humble state and receive Christ as His Lord and saviour.

Which is more important Bigthirsty that conservative Christian agenda machine be stopped or Tiger Wood's salvation?

Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
How in the world do you break 3 lines down? It's very simple.....your hate clouds your judgment so bad that even when the name Christ is preached or acknowldged by a conservative that instead of rejoicing that Christianity reaches the mainstream you instead recoil and hide behind the world and it's philosophy
ROTFLMAO.. yes contrary to everything I've posted in this thread Fundy.. Too funny.

still waiting on those videos fundy..

Quote:
Everything happens for a reason, How do you know know God didn't cause Tiger Wood's downfall as a wake up call or that He sent Brett Hume to give Tiger a message or that others are sending a similar message to Tiger.
I don't know. Neither do you. But if you wish to make up reasons why what happened to Tiger is a good thing.. have at it. It ain't my place.

Quote:
All of what Tiger Woods is going through is for Tiger's good and God's glory so that God can raise Tiger from the ashes in a poor, humble state and receive Christ as His Lord and saviour.
And like a Phoenix Tiger rises from the ashes and breaks Jack's record.. IMG execs are currently salivating..

Quote:
Which is more important Bigthirsty that conservative Christian agenda machine be stopped or Tiger Wood's salvation?
And for $5,000 fundy goes to the lighting round and chooses "Things that bigthirsty isn't debating at.all.in.this.thread"

Fundy please read what I write. Its fairly annoying to succinctly put down my thoughts and for you to succinctly ignore them.

Your assertion is that:

1. I want to stop an agenda machine that can't be stopped
or
2. That I don't want Tiger Wood's to be saved

Neither of those two topics have been broached by me.. at all in this thread. Not once.

I'm not trying to stop the agenda. I'm calling the Fox political news agenda for what it is.. it is a political arm of the Christian Right Wing in the Republican party.

I haven't in anyway said at any time that all the cable news shows aren't biased.

HOWEVER, it is Fox who puts the religious cherry on top in the form of Christianity. That is and has been my point this entire thread. From my very first post.

So.. do you deny that? Do you deny what I've said in this thread concerning Fox and their overly zealous and ambitious use of Christianity to move politics?

I know of no other news organization that uses religion in such a way. None..

well maybe Al-Jazeera.. but honestly I'm not as versed in the programming of Al-Jazeera to put them down on the same level as Fox.

Maybe you can post some videos of Al-Jazeera using a hot beef injector of religion into their news...

then guess what.. I'd rail on them too.

So my posts have absolutely zero to do with Tiger Woods. I don't care about Tiger Woods. At.All. He has no bearing on my life. At.All. I don't wish him harm.. I just don't care. Thus none of my posts in this thread really address Tiger Woods and his "salvation".

My posts specifically address the "News" part of Fox News brandishing their cross every.single.day and mixing their beliefs in with "News" and thus winning and succeeding by essentially dumbing down America. In no way to I take away from what they've done. They have done a magnificent job and what they aimed to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity