Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 AM

33,297 posts, read 26,501,429 times

Advertisements

The dispensation of the church-age terminates with the rapture or exit-resurrection of the church. The church, which is called the body of Christ and which will become the bride of Christ must be taken up into Heaven when God has determined that the body of Christ is complete, in order to appear before the judgment or bema seat of Christ for the purpose of evaluation of the works of the believer while he was on earth. (1 Cor. 3:12-15; 2 Cor. 5:10; Romans 14:10-12). The termination of the church-age will be followed by the events of the Tribulation.

This evaluation of the believers works precedes the marriage of the church to Christ which also takes place in Heaven. In Rev. 19:7,8, it reads, ''Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.'' 8)And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.''

It is only after the Judgment seat of Christ has occurred, that the bride has been made ready as per verse 8. It is the works of the believer while on earth that have been found by Christ to be 'gold, silver, and precious stones' that make up the fine linen, bright and clean. The fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

The believer will it seems, wear two garments. The inner garment will consist of the imputed righteousness of God that every believer possesses. Over that garment, the believer will wear a garment of fine linen which is composed of his righteous deeds. Actually, not every believer will have that outer garment, as not every believer will be found to have works that are evaluated by Christ to be 'gold, silver, and precious stones.' Among those believers who have been rewarded for their works on earth, the outer garment of some believers will be much more splendorous than the garment of others, as some believers will have been given many rewards, and decorations for their righteous acts, while others have been given few.

See my link on eternal rewards.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...overcomes.html

So, in Revelation 19:7,8 we have as it were, the final inspection of the bride after the bema seat, and the marriage of the Lamb. Again, this all takes place in Heaven before Christ and His bride return to the earth as per (Revelation 19:11-21.)

The marriage supper takes place on the earth after the Lords return (Matt. 25:10; Luke 12:37) with the quests who are attending the marriage supper as per Revelation 19:9, being the Jews and Gentiles who have been invited.

So, the sequence is, the rapture-->the judgment seat of Christ-->the marriage of the Lamb-->the return of Christ to the earth with His bride-->the end of the Tribulation and the establishing of the Millennial Kingdom-->the wedding supper.

For more on this, I have provided this link.

The Marriage of the Lamb

Note at the bottom of the link, the differences of opinion concerning the marriage supper.

Again, (Revelation 19:7b,8) takes place in Heaven, and of necessity takes place after the judgment seat or perhaps is coterminous with the judgment seat of Christ, and before the marriage of the Lamb( Rev. 19a.) This requires all the church to be there. Therefore the rapture of the church occurs before the Tribulation.

Concerning Revelation 19:7, C.I. Scofield writes;

(19:7) Bride of Christ, Summary; ''The marriage of the Lamb'' (lit, ''the marriage supper of the Lamb'') is the consummation of the marriage of Christ and the Church as His bride. The figure is according to the oriental pattern of marriage covering three stages: (1) The betrothal, legally binding when the individual members of the body of Christ are saved; (2) the coming of the Bridegroom for His bride at the rapture of the Church; and (3) the marriage supper of the Lamb, occurring in connection with the second coming of Christ to establish His millennial Kingdom. The Lamb's wife is to be contrasted with the harlot of 17:1; and she is also to be distinquished from Israel, the unfaithful wife of the LORD (Jehovah) in historic times, who is to be restored in the millennium (Isa. 54:1-10; Hos.2:1-17).

(New Scofield Reference Bible footnote for Rev. 19:7, p.1371.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 07:56 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,630,678 times
Great post Mike and right on target. It shows exactly the order in which things have to happen, the first being the Rapture of the Church. All those who deny a Rapture must then deny everything else because there is a sequence of events that cannot happen UNTIL the Rapture takes place.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Great post Mike and right on target. It shows exactly the order in which things have to happen, the first being the Rapture of the Church. All those who deny a Rapture must then deny everything else because there is a sequence of events that cannot happen UNTIL the Rapture takes place.
Thanks Ilene. It is amazing that that which is so obvious in the word of God is so easily ignored, and overlooked, and rejected by so many.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The dispensation of the church-age terminates with the rapture or exit-resurrection of the church. The church, which is called the body of Christ and which will become the bride of Christ must be taken up into Heaven when God has determined that the body of Christ is complete, in order to appear before the judgment or bema seat of Christ for the purpose of evaluation of the works of the believer while he was on earth. (1 Cor. 3:12-15; 2 Cor. 5:10; Romans 14:10-12). The termination of the church-age will be followed by the events of the Tribulation.

This evaluation of the believers works precedes the marriage of the church to Christ which also takes place in Heaven. In Rev. 19:7,8, it reads, ''Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.'' 8)And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.''

It is only after the Judgment seat of Christ has occurred, that the bride has been made ready as per verse 8. It is the works of the believer while on earth that have been found by Christ to be 'gold, silver, and precious stones' that make up the fine linen, bright and clean. The fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

The believer will it seems, wear two garments. The inner garment will consist of the imputed righteousness of God that every believer possesses. Over that garment, the believer will wear a garment of fine linen which is composed of his righteous deeds. Actually, not every believer will have that outer garment, as not every believer will be found to have works that are evaluated by Christ to be 'gold, silver, and precious stones.' Among those believers who have been rewarded for their works on earth, the outer garment of some believers will be much more splendorous than the garment of others, as some believers will have been given many rewards, and decorations for their righteous acts, while others have been given few.

See my link on eternal rewards.

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/834357-crowns-eternal-rewards-believer-who-overcomes.html

So, in Revelation 19:7,8 we have as it were, the final inspection of the bride after the bema seat, and the marriage of the Lamb. Again, this all takes place in Heaven before Christ and His bride return to the earth as per (Revelation 19:11-21.)

The marriage supper takes place on the earth after the Lords return (Matt. 25:10; Luke 12:37) with the quests who are attending the marriage supper as per Revelation 19:9, being the Jews and Gentiles who have been invited.

So, the sequence is, the rapture-->the judgment seat of Christ-->the marriage of the Lamb-->the return of Christ to the earth with His bride-->the end of the Tribulation and the establishing of the Millennial Kingdom-->the wedding supper.

For more on this, I have provided this link.

The Marriage of the Lamb

Note at the bottom of the link, the differences of opinion concerning the marriage supper.

Again, (Revelation 19:7b,8) takes place in Heaven, and of necessity takes place after the judgment seat or perhaps is coterminous with the judgment seat of Christ, and before the marriage of the Lamb( Rev. 19a.) This requires all the church to be there. Therefore the rapture of the church occurs before the Tribulation.

Concerning Revelation 19:7, C.I. Scofield writes;

(19:7) Bride of Christ, Summary; ''The marriage of the Lamb'' (lit, ''the marriage supper of the Lamb'') is the consummation of the marriage of Christ and the Church as His bride. The figure is according to the oriental pattern of marriage covering three stages: (1) The betrothal, legally binding when the individual members of the body of Christ are saved; (2) the coming of the Bridegroom for His bride at the rapture of the Church; and (3) the marriage supper of the Lamb, occurring in connection with the second coming of Christ to establish His millennial Kingdom. The Lamb's wife is to be contrasted with the harlot of 17:1; and she is also to be distinquished from Israel, the unfaithful wife of the LORD (Jehovah) in historic times, who is to be restored in the millennium (Isa. 54:1-10; Hos.2:1-17).

(New Scofield Reference Bible footnote for Rev. 19:7, p.1371.)
Mike,

This is really interesting but about a week ago I had this really amazing dream. In the dream I was getting ready for a wedding and I was the Bride. I actually had two dresses in my dream. One of the dresses was the one I wore when I married my husband. I didn't put that dress on but put the other one on and it was beautiful. It was not a traditional white dress but had a beautiful torquise color in it along with the white and was decorated with some sort of stone. I am not sure what kind of stone but the dress was very lovely.

I remember feeling very excited in my dream and very beautiful... The anticipation in the dream seemed so real. I actually woke up during the dream and made myself go back to sleep because I wanted to keep dreaming the dream, in fact I wouldn't have minded continuing with it and never waking up!!! The dream was totally amazing and wonderful.. When I went back to sleep the dream continued and I finished getting ready until I was this beautifully adorned Bride ready for her Groom.

When I woke up it was impressed to me that this was a dream about getting ready for the wedding feast. This was not an earthly wedding that I was getting ready for..

Anyway, I really like your thread and it was a confirmation to me... Praise God!! He is truly good.

Last edited by Raelyn28; 01-05-2010 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: mispelled and wrong wording.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:09 AM

696 posts, read 916,427 times
Quote:
Thanks Ilene. It is amazing that that which is so obvious in the word of God is so easily ignored, and overlooked, and rejected by so many.
Im new here, but if you listen to Pastor J Vernon McGee's introduction to Revelation he gives many facts supporting what you said and quotes from some great scholars. You can download them are buy the tapes. This is one of the best posts Ive read online.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Mike,

This is really interesting but about a week ago I had this really amazing dream. In the dream I was getting ready for a wedding and I was the Bride. I actually had two dresses in my dream. One of the dresses was the one I wore when I married my husband. I didn't put that dress on but put the other one on and it was beautiful. It was not a traditional white dress but had a beautiful torquise color in it along with the white and was decorated with some sort of stone. I am not sure what kind of stone but the dress was very lovely.

I remember feeling very excited in my dream and very beautiful... The anticipation in the dream seemed so real. I actually woke up during the dream and made myself go back to sleep because I wanted to keep dreaming the dream, in fact I wouldn't have minded continuing with it and never waking up!!! The dream was totally amazing and wonderful.. When I went back to sleep the dream continued and I finished getting ready until I was this beautifully adorned Bride ready for her Groom.

When I woke up it was impressed to me that this was a dream about getting ready for the wedding feast. This was not an earthly wedding that I was getting ready for..

Anyway, I really like your thread and it was a confirmation to me... Praise God!! He is truly good.
Thanks Raelyn. What a nice dream for you to have had. You'll probably remember that dream for the rest of your life. And a bit of a coincidence with this thread. Sounds like you are definitely looking for the rapture. I wish all believers were.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,630,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Mike,

What an awesome dream Raelyn!!! What struck me about it is the turquoise color. I think blue has some sort of significance because both of the dreams I had of Jesus' return He was wearing all blue in one, and all white with a blue over robe. And the stone......wow, can you imagine the beautiful gems and colors that will be in heaven? When I think of the Rapture and what heaven will be like it's hard not to get excited about all of it. Maybe blue is Jesus' favorite color??

Old 01-06-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
What an awesome dream Raelyn!!! What struck me about it is the turquoise color. I think blue has some sort of significance because both of the dreams I had of Jesus' return He was wearing all blue in one, and all white with a blue over robe. And the stone......wow, can you imagine the beautiful gems and colors that will be in heaven? When I think of the Rapture and what heaven will be like it's hard not to get excited about all of it. Maybe blue is Jesus' favorite color??
Wow, my eyes are teared up... What a wonderful response Ilene.. I didn't know that about blue and I will be doing some research on that color in the BIBLE. I vividly remember that the color was amazing and sparkling...
I got goose bumps when you mentioned Jesus wearing the robe.

Thankyou.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Im new here, but if you listen to Pastor J Vernon McGee's introduction to Revelation he gives many facts supporting what you said and quotes from some great scholars. You can download them are buy the tapes. This is one of the best posts Ive read online.
Thanks for the reference. After having the dream and finding this thread I am definately looking for that introduction to Revelation. This was a great subject and a huge promise, something for us to cling onto...

Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks Raelyn. What a nice dream for you to have had. You'll probably remember that dream for the rest of your life. And a bit of a coincidence with this thread. Sounds like you are definitely looking for the rapture. I wish all believers were.
Yes, I will remember it forever and have had a few others that I KNEW where from God. I love it when He speaks to me this way and certainly need it right now. Truly encouraging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity