Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 AM

24 posts, read 55,363 times

Advertisements

what do you think? i know we will not know the day nor hour but the season.
i've been hearing that all the signs are clear?
what exactly are the signs or things that need to take place?
economy crashes, haiti, etc.
are we in the last days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 04:48 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,289 times
The falling away of the faith : 1 Timothy 4:1-2 All those movement of the spirit that glorify the "Holy Spirit" in the comings and goings of those false spirits. All those religious guantlets that lead a believer to take up to finish by the flesh what Christ began by the Spirit like catholicism, the commitment to follow Christ, and the Promise Keepers' program when we should be resting in Christ Jesus and all His promises to us that He will finish it as we follow Him by faith and not by a religious yoke to make ourselves to live as His as if there is power in that.

The Jews rejected the chief cornerstone and yet as the Gentiles have the despensation of the Gospel now, it will go back to the Jews, the 144,000 witnesses for the great tribulation after the pre tribulational rapture event. One wonders why unless the falling away of the faith necessitated the judgment falling on the House of God first as Jesus will excommunicate the foolish virgins and the prodigal sons so that the foolish virgins left behind will have their lamps shining of the faith in Him and the prodigal son will be returning after being left behind and losing out on his first inheritance.

God will chasten every child He receives, and He has fitted those that have gone astray as vessels unto destruction to be come vessels unto dishonour in God's House. 2 Timothy 2:18-26 states the call for every believer to depart from iniquity, but eventually, the Lord will touch those reaching out to those astray to withdraw in heeding the commandment: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-6,14-15

Because like it or not, those sound in the faith and abiding in Him has to recognize that now is the time for Him to work and shine forth to restore the wayward to the path of righetousness for His name's sake.

I think of the hymnal "Amazing Grace" in that as by grace we have been saved through faith and grace will lead those astray Home even as a vessel unto dishonour in God's House for Jesus shall finish His work even in those left behind for they had been bought with a price and sealed as His.

So like a woman in labour pangs, the signs of the times, earthquakes, wars and rumor of wars, and other indicators given, as they increase more and more, His appearing to judge the House of God will be akin to the woman giving birth.

And since the falling away of the faith has occurred, and the meat has been given to correct those astray by the grace of God which was given unto me, I shall be withdrawing soon as in today, God be willing, as He is touching me in helping me to withdraw: then the rapture is the pivotal point by which the despensing of the Gospel will go back to the Jews because of the falling away of the Gentiles churches.

Jesus prophesied that before His appearing, he gave this cryptic warning sign of will He find faith in all the earth? That is how bad it is now since many false prophets have broadened the way in approaching God the Father that the appearing of the Son will be restoring the wayward to the path of righetousness as in reminding them of their first love while at the same time, drawing all new believers unto the Son by which will include the harvest of the 144,000 witnesses of the Jews will occur as well.

The rapture is God's wake up call as well as His judgment falling on the House of God first for just as Jesus taught excommunication, so will He do so that the other sheep that did not follow His voice will hear Him and be of the one fold and one shepherd. 1 Peter 4:17

John 10: 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers..... 14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Matthew 18: 11For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

Luke 15: 4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

John 3: 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 6: 38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 9:13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. 14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:43 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manay View Post
what do you think? i know we will not know the day nor hour but the season.
i've been hearing that all the signs are clear?
what exactly are the signs or things that need to take place?
economy crashes, haiti, etc.
are we in the last days?
There is nothing left that 'has' to occur. The only delay in Christ's return now is His mercy and grace for those still at enmity with God.

Praise God for His long-suffering for the lost.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM

257 posts, read 443,982 times
JESUS said first the gospel would be preached in every nation, then the end would come. Today that is at or very near fulfilment. So we should expect the appearing of the LORD JESUS soon.
Also, the two witnesses must appear. They will preach the pure gospel and the words of JESUS CHRIST. A wonderful change to the many questionable renderings of Christianity in the world today.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:12 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
There is nothing left that 'has' to occur. The only delay in Christ's return now is His mercy and grace for those still at enmity with God.

Praise God for His long-suffering for the lost.
Amen!!!! People need to stop trying to guess when the Rapture will happen, can't be done. It's more important we tell others about Jesus and be ready ourselves. He is only waiting for more to be saved.

2 Peter 3-14-15 "And so dear friends while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to live a pure and blameless life. And be at peace with God. And remember, the the Lord is waiting so that people have time to be saved. This is just as our beloved brother Paul wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him".

Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 PM

omg!!! can't wait!!!!!!! I PRAY EVERY NIGHT FOR HIM TO COME!
anyways are we going to realize the two witnesses??

Old 01-20-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
omg!!! can't wait!!!!!!! I PRAY EVERY NIGHT FOR HIM TO COME!
anyways are we going to realize the two witnesses??
No because we won't be here.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM

What do you mean we won't be here?

Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
What do you mean we won't be here?
By that time we (who are going) will have been raptured.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:48 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
the sign of rapture is here or past is in Matthew 24: 32-33..... Now learn a parable of the fig tree, When his branches is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves ye know that summer is nigh,,,, so likewise ye when shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors..... This is clearly that sin would grow to the unbarrable levels that the Lord has called perplexed...... The fig tree comes as sin in the book were Adam and Eve hid their sin with fig leaves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity