Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:11 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times

Advertisements

Why is it that people are so quick to attack Christian they see as radical but give other radical groups a free pass. Take Pat Robertson for instance his opinion on the haiti disaster was admitedly radical but merely his opinion based on his personal views and not the bible. But a muslim radical can kill several people at Fort Hoods and the masses remain silent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:21 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I think it's better to realize there are radicals in many groups and not paint every group with a broad brush.

I realize not every Christian hates gays.
I know the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists and do not wish to commit terrorist acts.

If you recall, there were many people who tried to condemn Islam because of the Fort Hood shooter. Did you not see the boards asking if we should stop letting Muslims into our country or if Muslims should be in the military?

Old 01-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Sorry I dont recall because it seem like most want to ignore the threat of Islam and attack the few Christians who seem radical. The scales are not balanced and the Muslims are getting a free pass.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:03 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Sorry I dont recall because it seem like most want to ignore the threat of Islam and attack the few Christians who seem radical. The scales are not balanced and the Muslims are getting a free pass.
You need to get around the site AND the internet more often, Robin. Just go next door, Muslim fanatics are slammed left and right, the only thing is, there are FEW Muslims on the forums and they have no forum for themselves to post 8 million different topics where they argue amongst themselves so no, you're not going to find as many threads taking them to task about the crazies amongst them BUT they are there.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:05 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Good grief Robin, Islam is criticized a heck of lot more harshly than Christianity...Where have you been hiding? Read the Muslim threads on the R&P forum.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 PM

I am not refering to just these forums I am speak about all venues such as the media. Ok lats look at another aspect, Reverand Wright, he has spoken far worse than Robertson yet he only gets a byline. Or maybe Farakan, far more radial than Robertson yet nothing is brought up of his radical methods.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I am not refering to just these forums I am speak about all venues such as the media. Ok lats look at another aspect, Reverand Wright, he has spoken far worse than Robertson yet he only gets a byline. Or maybe Farakan, far more radial than Robertson yet nothing is brought up of his radical methods.
Again, you need to get around more often.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:08 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
Quote:
What Pat Robertson did was foolish Robin.. and I like Pat Robertson and have watched his show. Common sense would tell any Christian that you just don't say something like that on national television. If he didn't think he was going to get attacked then he should have been more careful. I thought that the comment was very insensitive and unnecessary and it embarrasses me as a Christian that he said it.

In regards to the other issue of other people not getting as much news media... common sense once again would tell anyone that the world hates Christians, the world views Christians as "we think we are perfect" which of course we are not but we speak openly about sin, Jesus Christ and forgiveness... They dislike us because they don't want to hear what we have to say because they want to run in their sin...

So in the midst of their hate they are ready to jump at any mistake that we make. They are like vultures waiting for that "trip up" or that one "false move" so they can swoop down for the kill. That is why we need to watch what we say, watch what we do and make sure we are living a moral life and especially if we have the responsibility and calling of preaching the Word of God on national television. God gives preachers and teachers a much higher standard and greater reponsibility than those that are not in the spotlight..

Pat Robertson needs to humble himself and apologize...and he needs to ask God to put a "watch" on his mouth or better yet...a muzzle if necessary...

Old 01-17-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
In regards to the other issue of other people not getting as much news media... common sense once again would tell anyone that the world hates Christians, the world views Christians as "we think we are perfect" which of course we are not but we speak openly about sin, Jesus Christ and forgiveness... They dislike us because they don't want to hear what we have to say because they want to run in their sin...

So in the midst of their hate they are ready to jump at any mistake that we make. They are like vultures waiting for that "trip up" or that one "false move" so they can swoop down for the kill. That is why we need to watch what we say, watch what we do and make sure we are living a moral life and especially if we have the responsibility and calling of preaching the Word of God on national television. God gives preachers and teachers a much higher standard and greater reponsibility than those that are not in the spotlight..
Wow, some strong words there. Don't get too carried away there, please.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:44 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Why is it that people are so quick to attack Christian they see as radical but give other radical groups a free pass. Take Pat Robertson for instance his opinion on the haiti disaster was admitedly radical but merely his opinion based on his personal views and not the bible. But a muslim radical can kill several people at Fort Hoods and the masses remain silent.
Well, maybe you believe that because you watch too much O'Reilly and Hannity? lol! Personally I think radical Islam is by far a bigger threat to this country (obviously) and seems like an overall very intolerant religion. I just don't come in contact w/radical Islamics very often (well, never that I know of) in this country, but I deal with radical Christians all the time (my family).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity