Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 11:59 AM

33,246 posts, read 26,463,354 times

Advertisements

Presented here is an excellent article which lists six different lines of proof that Jesus Christ is God. 1) Divine Names. 2) Divine Attributes. 3) Divine Offices. 4) Statements which in the Old Testament are made distinctly of Jehovah God, taken in the New Testament to refer to the Lord Jesus Christ. 5) The way the name of God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son are coupled together. 6) Divine worship to be given to Jesus Christ.

Deity of Jesus Christ by Reuben A. Torrey - Bible Doctrine - Wholesome Words

Let those with understanding understand that Jesus Christ is eternal and infinite God. It is Jesus Christ Himself who performed the actual work of creation of all that does exist. John 1:3 'All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.'

Study carefully the material in the article. And know that Jesus Christ is God.

This is not meant as a bebate, though it will unfortunately certainly draw the sharks. Rather, this is a declaration to all that Jesus Christ is co-equal and co-eternal with both God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2) By this you know the Spirit of God; every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3) and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Those who deny that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; who deny that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, are not of God, they have the spirit of antichrist

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-25-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 12:07 PM

823 posts, read 1,402,106 times
Mike....I think you thoroughly enjoy debating. This has been exhausted time and again to no avail.

Do you know that your time would best be spent on what is important.

Please see Sparrow's post....seeing with the heart. Too much time on debate and not enough time drawing closer to God!

Old 01-25-2010, 12:11 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Mike....I think you thoroughly enjoy debating. This has been exhausted time and again to no avail.

Please see Sparrow's post....seeing with the heart. Too much time on debate and not enough time drawing closer to God!
Maybe in his debating he is drawing closer to God.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:16 PM

True...but there needs to be balance.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

And you think incorrectly. I'm presenting information concerning the deity of Christ for those who will see it. The fact that you imply that whether Jesus Christ is God or not as being unimportant, shows to all that you don't know God at all.

This is a public forum with new people from time to time reading these threads. If someone sees this thread and understands it, and believes it, they will be blessed by it. As for those who are like you, you are locked into your disbelief and I leave you to it. The consequences are yours.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:48 PM

132 posts, read 257,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Presented here is an excellent article which lists six different lines of proof that Jesus Christ is God. 1) Divine Names. 2) Divine Attributes. 3) Divine Offices. 4) Statements which in the Old Testament are made distinctly of Jehovah God, taken in the New Testament to refer to the Lord Jesus Christ. 5) The way the name of God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son are coupled together. 6) Divine worship to be given to Jesus Christ.

Deity of Jesus Christ by Reuben A. Torrey - Bible Doctrine - Wholesome Words

Let those with understanding understand that Jesus Christ is eternal and infinite God. It is Jesus Christ Himself who performed the actual work of creation of all that does exist. John 1:3 'All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.'

Study carefully the material in the article. And know that Jesus Christ is God.

This is not meant as a bebate, though it will unfortunately certainly draw the sharks. Rather, this is a declaration to all that Jesus Christ is co-equal and co-eternal with both God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2) By this you know the Spirit of God; every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3) and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Those who deny that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; who deny that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, are not of God, they have the spirit of antichrist
Interesting. Wherein that article lies this "proof" that you speak of? It was chock-full of circular logic.

Question for you: How do you know for certain that the New Testament got it right?

DD

Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
And you think incorrectly. I'm presenting information concerning the deity of Christ for those who will see it. The fact that you imply that whether Jesus Christ is God or not as being unimportant, shows to all that you don't know God at all.

This is a public forum with new people from time to time reading these threads. If someone sees this thread and understands it, and believes it, they will be blessed by it. As for those who are like you, you are locked into your disbelief and I leave you to it. The consequences are yours.
Mike.... if you are trying to reach out to the lurkers on here you are not going to do so in the fashion that you have been doing....you are CONSTANTLY judging and debating.

If you want to be a true channel of God's Love.... this is one of my favourite lyrics.

Make me a channel of your peace.
Where there is hatred let me bring your
love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord
And where there's doubt, true faith in
you.

Oh, Master grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love with all my soul.

Make me a channel of your peace
Where there's despair in life, let me bring
hope
Where there is darkness, only light
And where there's sadness, ever joy.

Make me a channel of your peace
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
In giving to all men that we receive
And in dying that we're born to eternal
life.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Maybe in his debating he is drawing closer to God.
Debating has no spiritual benefits. Spiritual growth is the result of the intake and applcation of Bible doctrine.

I presented the article of the sake of those of see it and will believe it. Nothing more.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:51 PM

Spiritual growth does not come by being at war with one another on this forum continuously.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 PM

132 posts, read 257,193 times
Quote:
As for those who are like you, you are locked into your disbelief and I leave you to it.
**IRONY ALERT**

To be "locked in", one must be constrained by a particular belief-system. Those who choose to disbelieve however, have broken the bonds of such belief-systems (by description, even!); and are anything but "locked in".

Quote:
The consequences are yours.
Rhetorical.

DD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity