Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 02:13 PM

696 posts, read 915,380 times

Advertisements

"The proper way for a man to pray," said Deacon Lemuel Keyes' "And the only proper attitude is down upon his knees."

"No, I should say the way to pray," said Reverend Mr. Wise, is standing straight with outstretched arms, and solemn upturned eyes."

"Oh, no, no, no," said Elder Snow, "Such posture is too proud. A man should pray with eyes fast closed and head contritely bowed."

"It seems to me his hand should be serenely clapped in front, with both thumbs pointing to the ground," said Reverend Mr. Blunt.

"Last year I fell in Hodgkin's well head first," said farmer Brown, "With both my feet a-sticken' up and head a-pointing' down:

"And I prayed hard, right then and there, best prayer I ever said. The prayin'est prayer I ever prayed was standin' on my head."

-Author Unknown

I received this today at church and thought it was good for this board and Christains to see.

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,301 times
Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:58 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Many people pray in different ways,,sitting down..... standing up ,in a closet,,,, driving a car.....,,look at Jonah 2 Jonah prayed unto the Lord, the waters compassed me about, even to the soul; the depth closed me about, the weeds were wrapped about my head,,,,, but with a voice of thanksgiving,, salvation is of the Lord, and the Lord spake unto the fish and it vomited out Jonah unto dry land....... the best way to pray is through the words that Jesus gives you,,, for Jesus said that his words are life to the law, and if you confess the Lord words Heaven will respond and prayer get answered.......

Old 01-24-2010, 03:03 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,301 times
We have a small cabin on a lake and I love to go out into my canoe and sit in the middle of the lake when the water is still as glass and all I can see around me is the beauty of the landscape that God has created and provided....and I sit in my small red canoe, when there is no one around and I just feel so connected to Him and I pray.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM

696 posts, read 915,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
We have a small cabin on a lake and I love to go out into my canoe and sit in the middle of the lake when the water is still as glass and all I can see around me is the beauty of the landscape that God has created and provided....and I sit in my small red canoe, when there is no one around and I just feel so connected to Him and I pray.
IM glad you like it. I pray at my computer before I make posts. I also pray at my bed on my knees. Sometimes I pray driving down a road (look out!!!), but more often that not I find I pray when I am in Christ. If I am not, I can not pray.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Loved that op, thank you Ashultz

I pray a lot.. any time, anywhere, unpracticed,unplanned, informal, unprepared in advance, because I have a true friend in Jesus and He is always close enough to hear me.
Many times I try to pray, but have a "mental block", but He can move the blocks and see into my heart when I can't..

Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
I pray when I am going in and coming out. I pray on my knees, on my bed, in the bathtub, in the car, while I walk, before dinner, after dinner, before bed... I pray sometimes without ceasing because the Kingdom is within me and sometimes I pray in the Spirit... I also pray in my closet..

Anytime I need God's direction or an answer I take it to God in prayer.. and I pray for all of you on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity