U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Question regarding modern Isreal
All actions by Israel is correct and support it unconditionally 0 0%
I support most of Israel actions, but know it makes mistakes 5 41.67%
I moderately support Isreal 4 33.33%
dont care about Israel or not interested 0 0%
I dont support Isreal and zionism is wrong 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,881,086 times

Advertisements

Do you support Isreal? Is the support due to the your beliefs in Christianity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,877,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I don't support everything Israel does as a nation but I do support their right to exist. I will never get in the way of that because God still has a plan for Israel

(Genesis 12:2–3)

2 “I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”

Old 01-24-2010, 12:36 AM

4,454 posts, read 5,881,086 times
and whoever curses you I will curse; Well that is quite ambigious as some of the Arab oil rich states are now much wealthier than 50 years ago and they have no relations with Israel and infact there leaders condemn Isreal.

The version "all people of earth will be blessed through you" is refering to Jesus as he was a member of that tribe.

Last edited by other99; 01-24-2010 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: edit word

Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 AM

8,256 posts, read 7,319,534 times
I may not support everything Modern Isreal does but I Support there right to exist,,,,, I believe that the nations who reject their right to exist are WRONG and they should give up their freedom from enemies who bring insecurity......All believer who give their lives to Jesus Christ are adopted into the tribe of Judah, and is a spiritual Jewish,,,, may not be politicaly Jewish and the national pride of the Jewish people will not care to hear that but gentiles are people who do not know The Lord God..... Spiritual Jewish are people who know the Lord God personally

Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,531,216 times
Quote:
Do you support Isreal?
No. Not at all.

Quote:
Is the support due to the your beliefs in Christianity?
Yes, my belief in Christianity is why I do not support Israel, at all.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,903,087 times
Quote:
Even if I were not a Christian I would support Israel; this does not mean I see her as beyond criticism, but generally speaking I am very "pro-Israeli" and have always been so.

This belief would be linked to Christianity insofar as my Faith demands intellectual honesty in all matters, and I cannot stand the constant "double standard" applied by most of the outside world to Israel. All the evidence I have seen points to anti-semitism as the cause of this double standard.

I suppose I have an emotional attachment to the country also because my own religion came from the Jews. I am equally irritated by the attempt of so many people (both "Christians" and New Agers) to strip Jesus of his Jewishness and turn him into some sort of Buddhist of Hindu. This is just one more attempt to pit Christianity and Judaism against each other. But that's another topic.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:07 AM

23,190 posts, read 17,468,242 times
Quote:
The fact that some Jews are back in the land in unbelief is the first phase of God's final restoration of all Jews back into the land that was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. This final restoration of Israel will occur at the return of the Lord at the end of the Tribulation.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,103,306 times
I support Israel but I realise all nations make mistakes but Israel has the right to exist.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:49 PM

187 posts, read 271,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The fact that some Jews are back in the land in unbelief is the first phase of God's final restoration of all Jews back into the land that was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. This final restoration of Israel will occur at the return of the Lord at the end of the Tribulation.
Funny...The old testament passages that talk about Jews being restored to the land were within the context of their Babylonian captivity. That restoration took place. See Ezra and Nehemiah.

Beyond that the Bible NOWHERE speaks of yet another restoration...Much less one in unbelief. This idea is something that has been imported back into the scriptures by modern day prophecy pundits to explain the modern day occupation of atheistic unbelieving Jews in Israel.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:46 PM

23,190 posts, read 17,468,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Funny...The old testament passages that talk about Jews being restored to the land were within the context of their Babylonian captivity. That restoration took place. See Ezra and Nehemiah.

Beyond that the Bible NOWHERE speaks of yet another restoration...Much less one in unbelief. This idea is something that has been imported back into the scriptures by modern day prophecy pundits to explain the modern day occupation of atheistic unbelieving Jews in Israel.
The scriptures declare that Israel will exist forever. The Jews will be fully restored to the land when Christ returns. Zechariah 14 is one passage which shows this. And why do you think Amaggedon takes place? That's right. Because the Jews are back in the land and the time comes when the nations gather against Israel. Then Jesus Christ returns and rescues Israel and fully restores the Jews to the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or