Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have not said one word about me, I am just going over what you said about yourself. I was curious because you said 'we' and it sounded like you were really talking about someone else because you were speaking in present tense, but now you have clarified you were indeed talking about yourself. Thanks for the clarification.
How could I be talking about you Finn(knowing you have always known all thing since you believed),personally i just know hard it is to see,when you're blinded by a belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 04:52 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How could I be talking about you Finn(knowing you have always known all thing since you believed),personally i just know hard it is to see,when you're blinded by a belief.
I did not say you were talking about me. Again, thanks for the clarification, and I hope you get your views sorted out.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:53 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Now you can move on.
Please do.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Ever notice God never mentioned "Hell" to Adam and Eve if they broke His law in the Garden?

God never mentioned "Hell" to Cain for killing his brother?

Ever notice that God never mentioned "Hell" to any of the ante-deluvians? Noah never preached on it to try to get the dwellers of earth into his ship.

Why is it that the word "Hell" never once left God's lips for thousands of years?

Do you think it is fair to those possibly billions of people in the Old Testament that when they are brought to judgment God is all of a sudden going to spring it on them: "Oh, umm, I forgot to tell you a little something prior to you dying in your sins . . . umm, you have to go to a place called Hell for eternity where you will writhe and scream in agony in flames. Sorry, it was just a little oversight on My part."

P.S. "Hell" is never once mentioned in all the Bible, yet, you'd think by some evangelists or rather "bad-newsists" that hell was on every page of the Bible.

Sheol in the Old Testament, sometimes mistranslated "Hell" in some bibles is just the grave.

Hades is just the Greek translation of Sheol in the Old Testament so that is a moot point.

Gehenna, sometimes mistranslated "Hell" in the Old and New Testament is just a trash dump to the south of Jerusalem where the Jews offered their children to Molloch in fire. Later it was used to burn trash and offal of the city. In the New Testament during the 1000 years it will be re-instituted as a trash dump and used to burn up the bodies of already dead criminals and trash.

Tartarus is just a place of caverns.

The only place close to Hell is the Lake of Fire but for humans this is just death . . . unconscious death.

So if a place called Hell really does exist, why was God silent on it all these many thousands of years? Why all the secrecy?
Great post, Eusebius! Very intelligent questions.

I just wanted to add to your list, that the acts of the early church (book of Acts) also has no sign whatsoever of Christians preaching hellfire and brimstone. It wasn't a part of their message at all. (judgment or punishment, yes; hell, flames, torture, no.)

And Paul also didn't write about it either.

So maybe Christianity today is not what it's supposed to be??

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-16-2011, 11:59 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,736 times
Great questions, Eusebius!! It really is strange that Moses set forth in so much detail the warnings about DEATH but failed to mention that it really isn't DEATH (cessation of life) but continued 'eternal' existence in agony.

He really should be rebuked for that, imho.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hope you get your views sorted out.
Thanks !!. I desire the same for you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity