Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Are you talking about the song? ; Eye on the Sparrow; there is no where in the Word of God that says God care more for the Sparrow than those set for eternal life..... God has no use for those who are set to do evil, and it pains God just as much as any civil libertarianism person would thinks to send any person to the pit...... but eternal life has rules and if people reject those rules they can not live forever, because there is no purpose in keeping they around because hell is for the devil, and people dumb enough to join them than that is where they will be....Devil has been destoying God creation for to long, that God has stopped creating new animals. until the age of the gentiles has come to an end then Judgement day will come and the devil time will run out and any people who joins him time will also run out..... Before the flood of Noahs ark the devils hords had sex with the women of the earth and these spirits are in the pit today and will all be judged at judgement day for Jesus has come to the earth to rule and the devils kingdom will be ended.,.... And there the rub ...means rub your eyes for God said he will rub the tears out of our eyes when we see all those beings lost in the lake of fire at Judgment day..... Find The Lord God because he has a plan for your life and it is not in the pit. .... Some false religions believe that God wants many people to die in the pit and many to live forever with him ,but that is wrong, He want all people to be with him in Heaven forever more. Know God though Jesus
What song ? Who said God cares for the sparrow more than his own creation ?.

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.Matthew 10 verse 29

Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10 verse 31

My point is if God so values Sparrows , how much more does he value man who he has created in his own image ? .

Do you honestly believe that God created eternal torment for those he highly values and created in his own image , i still feel repulsed within myself that i even considered this , never mind believed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 03:45 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
We are all given a choice in this lifetime to accept his gift of eternal life or death in the Lake of Fire. God in all his mercy and wisdom has made us mortal so those who refused to accept his way of life will be able to die a second death (after the resurrection) and not suffer the eternal torment faced by the immortal fallen angels.
Let's re-write the above to harmonize with the Scriptures:

We are all chosen by God in this lifetime and given grace by Him to accept the gift of eonian/age-lasting life. Some He has not chosen will not be saved during the millennial reign of Christ and when that is over, they will go to the lake of fire . . . the second death. God in all His mercy and wisdom has made us mortal so no one could accept His way of life without His intervention. Those He does not save must go into unconscious death in the lake of fire called the second death. Eventually that death will be abolished (1 Cor.15:26) and all brought to Christ and then God All in all and then all the bad angels too will be reconciled to God (Colossians 1:20) as well as all humanity.

There, God loves us and thinks we are of more value than the sparrow which He dearly loves.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Does anyone really believe that God can so care about the sparrow so much to the extent that not one will fall to the ground without his knowledge and yet create a place of eternal torment for man who he created in his own image ?

Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Oh that God would open our eyes to see how valuable we his creation are to him.
Phil Keaggy sang:

Said the robin to the sparrow,
“I should really like to know,
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.”

Said the sparrow to the robin,
“Friend I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father,
Such as cares for you and me.”
~~Unknown Author

Old 01-31-2010, 04:05 PM

136 posts, read 203,628 times
If you go before a judge he would be more fair than ET god.
Once time is served you are free to go.
What is the purpose of being punished for an eternity?
I believe there is no purpose, none whatsoever.
Is God out for revenge for an eternity?
If this is the love of God then there is no hope for anyone.
If this is nature of God we all should be scared, love casts out fear.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJScott View Post
Excellent thoughts! EJ!

Old 01-31-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
EJ exactly , yet we would rather believe that the judges of this world could be more fairer than God himself . You really couldn't make it up .

Old 01-31-2010, 05:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Exactly. Infinite punishment cannot serve justice, because implicitly punishment must end when justice is finally satisfied.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:26 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
EJ exactly , yet we would rather believe that the judges of this world could be more fairer than God himself . You really couldn't make it up .
I pray God is not fair or I will go to hell.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God is fair and you will not end up in eternal torment .

Old 01-31-2010, 05:33 PM

136 posts, read 203,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We all could say we are not worthy but God feels differently.
If God is not a fair God then he wouldn't be trustworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity