Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Depending on what we consider the "fundamental truth", Jesus wouldn't be a fundy according to the order and culture of His time - in fact, He blew their belief system out of the water.
Of His time, no. His time fundamentalists were legalists who understood the letter of the law, but not the Spirit.

Jesus DOES believe in the fundamental doctrines of Christianity though. His death, burial and resurrection. His virgin birth. His substitutive sacrifice for our salvation. etc......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 08:17 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Of His time, no. His time fundamentalists were legalists who understood the letter of the law, but not the Spirit.

Jesus DOES believe in the fundamental doctrines of Christianity though. His death, burial and resurrection. His virgin birth. His substitutive sacrifice for our salvation. etc......
And these are the tenants (foundation) of our faith - but the OP's venture into judging people on the basis of anything but their spiritual condition is irrelevant, imo.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
What about those who speak against those who speak against Christian rock? What are they?

Last edited by june 7th; 02-05-2010 at 11:52 AM..

Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Good christians
Well, fantastic!

Whatever helps you sleep at night! Remember that patting yourself on the back hinders your hands to catch you when you fall.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Well, fantastic!

Whatever helps you sleep at night! Remember that patting yourself on the back hinders your hands to catch you when you fall.
.....................weeeeee

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM

100 posts, read 344,126 times
Quote:
Well, fantastic!

What are you talking about? I thought you were pro christian rock anyway so this does not even apply to you. Furthermore , those "christians" who call christian rock evil usually try to point people to the music of masons like mozart as "gods holy music". This of course exposes their masonry and masonry is satanic.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I thought you were pro christian rock anyway so this does not even apply to you. Furthermore , those "christians" who call christian rock evil usually try to point people to the music of masons like mozart as "gods holy music". This of course exposes their masonry and masonry is satanic.
I am pro-Christian rock....but that does not automatically mean I agree with your onemansaves crusade against someone who might not be at the same point spiritually that you are and that can not see the good that it does.

I see both of your methods (yours and theirs) as equally offensive and divisive.

So I'll crank up the Third Day, Cutless, Red, and Fireflight as I shake my head against your name calling and condemnation.

That's all.......

Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM

100 posts, read 344,126 times
Quote:
I am pro-Christian rock....but that does not automatically mean I agree with your onemansaves crusade against someone who might not be at the same point spiritually that you are and that can not see the good that it does.

I see both of your methods (yours and theirs) as equally offensive and divisive.

So I'll crank up the Third Day, Cutless, Red, and Fireflight as I shake my head against your name calling and condemnation.

That's all.......
Who have I called names alpha?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Christian rock is just like any other genre of music - it's a medium that can be used by God or by man - but the variable is the heart on the receiving end.

Hearts are the issue people, not the sword, book, chariot or anything else - they're just pawns and players in the grand scheme of things.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Who have I called names alpha?
If you don't know, you need to stop posting, start praying and ask the Lord to show you. I know you mean well, but the way it comes across isn't healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity