Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What percentage of the population will be "saved"
< 1% 8 12.50%
1-25% 10 15.63%
26-33% 2 3.13%
34-50% 2 3.13%
51-66% 1 1.56%
67-75% 0 0%
75-99% (always room for error lol) 7 10.94%
100% 34 53.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:19 PM

76,926 posts, read 47,227,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Also show me 1 scripture that says "i am saved because i believed" .
Re-read my last post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 07:19 PM

370 posts, read 450,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
I totally disagree. We do not even reason what God has said as the reasoning of men comes to multiple conclusions. That is why God does not call us to reason he calls us to faith. It is quite clear that there are tons of "reasons" on this forum by people who justify their own thoughts more than God's word. I really dont think you are understanding what I am saying.

In regards to your concept of a stronger arguement. I have no intrest in your views of middle ground nor your idea of thinking something thru. It is quite clear you will only accept what you want to accept. Do you think I am argueing? I can tell you I am not.

You stated things of faith were seen, not unseen. I clearly stated it was both and you didnt touch it.

You stated Job reasoned with God. I rejected it with another and scripture shows it to be true. Man does not reason with God.

The problem is you assume you have thought it thru. I in fact held many of your views quite some time ago. Then I thought them thru. This is what you fail to understand. I am not argueing, I am not debating, I am in Christ who is my God. You do not accept Christ is God, thus you can not accept what I am. This is your logical fallacy in full view. This is why you continue to think I need your help in debating or argueing when I in fact only need Christ.
Don't expect to convince anyone of anything with that. Anyone can say they have it right and then expect others to accept it blindly by "faith." Loads of religious systems do this. What makes yours any different? Because it's yours? Why do you say Christ is God? Because it says Christ is God in the bible? Or because your system says that he's God and there's no point in questioning it. Because you've got it right, it doesn't have to make sense, it doesn't have to line up with reason. In fact, God made it so that we could reason not to help us discover the truth, but to hinder us. Thanks a lot God for giving me a brain that puts things together when you don't want me to use it.

What a joke.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
eeehhh...Abraham was a Gentile? How about Jesus himself? The prophets he talks about in the story? All Jews. Jesus said you should listen to prophets (Jews) unless you wanted to end up where the rich man was.

It is a parable of Hades, a temporary place of torment for the 'wicked' and paradise for the righteous, but of course Jesus emptied the good side, so now the righteous go directly to heaven these days.

The rich man represents the typical sinner who puts money, materialism, luxury and greed ahead of everything in his life and there is no place for faith. Jesus often talked about the rich and how hard it is for them to get to heaven, while Jesus hand picked the uneducated poor to be his disciples.

And in hell, the rich man begs Abraham to send Lazarus back to warn his brothers about the dangers of ending up in hell, and Abraham simply told him that they need to listen to the truth from the prophets, and if they don't listen to the prophets, they wouldn't listen even if Lazarus woke from the dead and told them. Ironically Jesus did bring a man named Lazarus back from dead, and did everyone then listen? No, they did not, and to this day millions do not listen. They will end up where the rich man is.
Way to force your interpretation on scripture. Paul explains the parable in romans 11 just fine.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,402,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
No he didn't that's just how you want to interpret it.
Here you go...Job's answer:

Job 40:4 "I am unworthy--how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth.

Looks like he shut up.

Job 42.....You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.

You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.'

My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."

Old 02-08-2010, 07:36 PM

696 posts, read 910,339 times
Quote:
Don't expect to convince anyone of anything with that. Anyone can say they have it right and then expect others to accept it blindly by "faith." Loads of religious systems do this. What makes yours any different? Because it's yours? Why do you say Christ is God? Because it says Christ is God in the bible? Or because your system says that he's God and there's no point in questioning it. Because you've got it right, it doesn't have to make sense, it doesn't have to line up with reason. In fact, God made it so that we could reason not to help us discover the truth, but to hinder us. Thanks a lot God for giving me a brain that puts things together when you don't want me to use it.

What a joke.
Its a joke to you, but then again you are not of the belief I am. I have to convince no one. Christ convicts and convinces, I am only a witness. I can do nothing without Christ. You can make points all day. You can spin it anyway you like. It is quite apparent you dont understand and honestly after I showed you why Christ is my God after that I have no furthur responsibility toward you.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Here you go...Job's answer:

Job 40:4 "I am unworthy--how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth.

Looks like he shut up.

Job 42.....You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.

You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.'

My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."
Yeah, I realize that, sorry I didn't clarify earlier that I originally misunderstood what you were saying.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Its a joke to you, but then again you are not of the belief I am. I have to convince no one. Christ convicts and convinces, I am only a witness. I can do nothing without Christ. You can make points all day. You can spin it anyway you like. It is quite apparent you dont understand and honestly after I showed you why Christ is my God after that I have no furthur responsibility toward you.
I understand exactly what you are saying, and I am telling you that it is necessary to question your beliefs. Why on earth are you trying to get others to do the very thing you don't?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,717,594 times
Well i have to say that i am very encouraged by the results of this poll ... It lets me know that we who are testifying of the real good news of the salvation of all people have been accomplishing much on this forum. At least i know our work has not been in vain.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,402,759 times
Quote:
Yeah, I realize that, sorry I didn't clarify earlier that I originally misunderstood what you were saying.
Ok

Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 PM

696 posts, read 910,339 times
Quote:
I understand exactly what you are saying, and I am telling you that it is necessary to question your beliefs. Why on earth are you trying to get others to do the very thing you don't?
What you dont understand is I am past questioning. I am not trying to get anyone to do anything. You keep spinning off in different directions. You just cant seem to understand that there is nothing I can do. I only witness to the truth. Christ does the calling I only witness. How much more simple can it be made for you?

I was once like you. I didnt believe Christ could be God. I thought all paths will ultimately lead all to accept Christ. The list goes on and on. The problem you and many others cant reconcile is I say thru the lies. It took me a long time. I have no need to question The Lord God Jesus Christ. All I know is that He has saved me when neither I nor anyone else can.

There is nothing you can do to make me question anymore the faith I have. You can call it love, celestial, divine love...... etc

You can claim I have so much to learn.......

You can try to apply philosophical reason......

You can call it a joke.......

You can believe it is of fear........

You can claim truth in lies........

You can do anything you choose, but there is nothing you can do that will take me from Christ. There is nothing you can say that will change my mind from Christ. There is no logic you can apply that will make me stray from Christ. There is no thought of man like Universalism that will keep me from His Truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity