Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What percentage of the population will be "saved"
< 1% 8 12.50%
1-25% 10 15.63%
26-33% 2 3.13%
34-50% 2 3.13%
51-66% 1 1.56%
67-75% 0 0%
75-99% (always room for error lol) 7 10.94%
100% 34 53.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:05 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times

Advertisements

Percentage of people that will be saved

0% because it is all a myth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 AM

696 posts, read 915,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And all you do is provide antagonistic rhetoric ... those of us who believe in UR are obviously doing something right, just take look at the poll here ...

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ill-saved.html

Though you are unable to learn anything from us, obviously many others are ...

Thank you for your attention nonetheless, the spirit of you rowrds is obvious enough to prove your own fruits.

God bless you ...
Your people antgonized first! Why cant you accept it? Why cant you admit it? Its so easy to condemn one who clearly does not hold your view, but then ignore the very ones who spoke out first

You claim a poll as proof of what you do on this forum? It is quite clear on that forum that two Christians pointed out that the poll was not of God. Furthur proof you only accept that which you can prove to yourself in a mirror.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Also a little history note sir it is not one church. Carthage was the church in Africa and Rome was the church in Rome, they are in fact seperate and distinct. Another prime example of spouting out misinformation that only one church supported it.

Like you claim Origen who was the end all be all of his time. The man had his detractors even when he lived. You act like he was some great church leader. Please if your gonna claim I have much to learn, at least understand the basics.
The Catechetical school of Rome that was in Carthage ...

"In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist; one (Ephesus) accepted conditional immortality (annihilationism); one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wicked”.[1]

^ a b The Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, vol. 12, p. 96; Retrieved April 29, 2007.
* Seymour, Charles. A Theodicy of Hell. p. 25. Springer (2000).
* Ludlow, Morwenna. Universal Salvation: eschatology in the thought of Gregory of Nyssa and Karl Rahner. Pp. 1-2. Oxford University Press (2000)

Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Your people antgonized first! Why cant you accept it? Why cant you admit it? Its so easy to condemn one who clearly does not hold your view, but then ignore the very ones who spoke out first

You claim a poll as proof of what you do on this forum? It is quite clear on that forum that two Christians pointed out that the poll was not of God. Furthur proof you only accept that which you can prove to yourself in a mirror.
Where did I antagonize you? By stating that you are teaching sin ad death have greater victory over the creation than the work of Christ on the cross?

You are teaching that ... Are you not teaching the sin and death will cause most humans to be damned for ever and that Christ will only save some people, fewer than will be damned? We do not condemn anyone,we believe everyone will be saved ... You are the ones who believe we are not saved along with most of the world.

My only point in referring to the poll is to show some people are learning something from the words of believers in UR. More than seem to be learning from and believing your words of eternal torture and or everlasting death.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 AM

LOL, i referred to the poll of this thread ... I thought this was a different thread ... DOH!

OOPS!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
The Catechetical school of Rome that was in Carthage ...

"In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist; one (Ephesus) accepted conditional immortality (annihilationism); one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wickedâ€.[1]

^ a b The Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, vol. 12, p. 96; Retrieved April 29, 2007.
* Seymour, Charles. A Theodicy of Hell. p. 25. Springer (2000).
* Ludlow, Morwenna. Universal Salvation: eschatology in the thought of Gregory of Nyssa and Karl Rahner. Pp. 1-2. Oxford University Press (2000)
Nice wikipedia. Im glad you could pull it out. I remember a couple weeks ago you Universalists mocked me for using it. So I guess now they must admit they can use it too? Or did you think I hadnt seen it.

Why cant you just accept what I said in this statement? Why cant you accept I said Hell is a place I dont want to be? Why cant you accept you and yours antogonized first?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
LOL, i referred to the poll of this thread ... I thought this was a different thread ... DOH!

OOPS!!!
Im aware of where you are coming from.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Where did I antagonize you? By stating that you are teaching sin ad death have greater victory over the creation than the work of Christ on the cross?

You are teaching that ... Are you not teaching the sin and death will cause most humans to be damned for ever and that Christ will only save some people, fewer than will be damned? We do not condemn anyone,we believe everyone will be saved ... You are the ones who believe we are not saved along with most of the world.

My only point in referring to the poll is to show some people are learning something from the words of believers in UR. More than seem to be learning from and believing your words of eternal torture and or everlasting death.
I am not teaching sin and death will do anything. What I and many Christians continue to teach and you dont seem to understand is basically....

1) Christ came and died for all.
2) Not all would accept Christ

You Universalists cant accept it. You claim the sin and death teaching.

You clearly did not read my initial reply to this post. I was attacked with another for saying it was not Christian and of God to vote on this. I and another were antogonized on it.

In another thread I stated Hell is a place I dont want to be. Again I was attacked by your own.

The problem is you just want your Universalism at the expense of anything else. You dont even realize that you have people who claim to be of you and dont even see what see. Need I point to another link which flatly denies what some of your Universalists here claim, as not being Universal.

You call me a Unitarian, but in fact I see more of your Universalism then many on this board do, but because I am not of you I am unlearned. You clearly dont see the whole picture.

Things like forum polls and everyone supporting your thought even if thier view is wrong by your own Universal Definition are clearly blinding you. However, it doesnt matter as long as they support you.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 AM

Either way Im sorry if you feel offended. You think I have no love in me. I promise you this, if Im wrong Ill be the first to be rejoice if Im wrong, but if Im right Ill be the first to lament those lost. I really dont think you understand how deeply I feel on this subject.

But I guess Universal Love is all you need.

Either way Im tired and need sleep. Thank you for a most pleasant conversation.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Either way Im sorry if you feel offended. You think I have no love in me. I promise you this, if Im wrong Ill be the first to be rejoice if Im wrong, but if Im right Ill be the first to lament those lost. I really dont think you understand how deeply I feel on this subject.

But I guess Universal Love is all you need.

Either way Im tired and need sleep. Thank you for a most pleasant conversation.

Goodnight Aschultz73 ... Pleasant dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity