Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What percentage of the population will be "saved"
< 1% 8 12.50%
1-25% 10 15.63%
26-33% 2 3.13%
34-50% 2 3.13%
51-66% 1 1.56%
67-75% 0 0%
75-99% (always room for error lol) 7 10.94%
100% 34 53.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The God of the Bible is NOT the same as the god of universalism.
UR does not accept the God of the Bible, and limits His omnipotent character.
Correct.
The two are not the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 08:55 PM

370 posts, read 452,415 times
Quote:
How in the heck does UR limit God's omnipotence?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
I would have to totally disagree , the fundamentalist portays a god that does not represent

Hebrews 1 verse 3

3The Son(Jesus) is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being.

This is the same Jesus who rebuked James and John (Telling them they know not what spirit they were of) for wanting to call fire from heaven to consume those who rejected his message .

Any fair and open minded person would say how can this Jesus rebuke disciples for wanting to call down fire to consume those rejecting his message , be the same Jesus throwing those who rejected is message into eternal torment. Wake up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a complete joke to say the bible says it so i believe it

Old 02-06-2010, 09:00 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would have to totally disagree , the fundamentalist portays a god that does not represent

Hebrews 1 verse 3

3The Son(Jesus) is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being.

This is the same Jesus who rebuked James and John (Telling them they know not what spirit they were of) for wanting to call fire from heaven to consume those who rejected his message .

Any fair and open minded person would say how can this Jesus rebuke disciples for wanting to call down fire to consume those rejecting his message , be the same Jesus throwing those who rejected is message into eternal torment. Wake up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a complete joke to say the bible says it so i believe it
Would not this fall under those who rejected the message as well?

Rev 20:9
And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 PM

370 posts, read 452,415 times
Quote:
I am a Christian because God had mercy on me when I rebelled against Him. That gift was given to me in this life. It is a gift that is rewarded for our work in this life, not post mortem. God is already all in all with His people, He has already reconciled Himself through Christ. To say that this is for all mankind is a false premise. Man and God have a realtionship[, and that relationship involves mankind's profession of faith in Him to receive what He freely gave. Christ died for the SINS, not for man alone.
Big difference. How many times do we have to say, be In Christ, and you are given what He gave?
Your Christianity sucks.
This is it guys! God is all in all! God doesn't save everyone. God's kingdom is this trash pile of an earth. Man is free to mess up God's plan. Christ just died for sins not men. When you die without knowing Christ, you're screwed. Sorry little children in Africa who died of AIDS, God just didn't have mercy on you. Sorry raped and killed girl, God doesn't love you after you die, because you didn't accept him. He's going to torture you all forever, because you should've known better than to go and die before you accepted Christ.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
How in the heck does UR limit God's omnipotence?
By removing every attribute of His except Love.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Hebrews 1 verse 3

For those that put their trust in Him...sure. But UR leaves out every other attribute that God has, in regards to the rebel.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Would not this fall under those who rejected the message as well?

Rev 20:9
And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.
HotinAZ I am not denying the use of fire but the purpose of fire of which we have been traditionally taught.

Jesus said he came to "save life not destroy it", yet we are taught that he will destroy all those who reject the message by fire .

Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
Your Christianity sucks.
How quaint.

Quote:
This is it guys! God is all in all!
yes He is...in His people.

Quote:
God doesn't save everyone. God's kingdom is this trash pile of an earth. Man is free to mess up God's plan. Christ just died for sins not men. When you die without knowing Christ, you're screwed. Sorry little children in Africa who died of AIDS, God just didn't have mercy on you. Sorry raped and killed girl, God doesn't love you after you die, because you didn't accept him. He's going to torture you all forever, because you should've known better than to go and die before you accepted Christ.
What is all this...anger?

You miss the entire premise of the NH and E...read Isaiah.....all of it.
Then get back to me smart one.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:14 PM

696 posts, read 915,380 times
Quote:
To be quite frank with you i couldn't care less what the athiest claims (no offence you to you athiests) , i am telling you that much of what i read on here that is believed by you and many others i was pretty much sold out to (for many years)
I pretty much believed exactly the same way you do , apart from i have never believed that i chose God , i have always believed that he chose me ,he opened my eyes and he gave me the faith to believe, though my testimony probably proved otherwise, this was my testimony and i was blind to my own hypocrisy Hypocrisy.

Then there came a day that i understood he is not a respecter of persons , so what he did for me he did for all.
The fundamental church gospel sounds like it's saying we are saved by what he did , but it's telstimony tells us otherwise.
The church says what He did He did for all. If you would like I will come down to your enlightened level and even say, the fundemental church says what He did He did for all. What you continue to fail to understand is that while He did die for all, all would not accept Him.

Hypocrisy? You claim enlightenment while you assume others are in darkness. Cant get much more hypocrisy than that. Especially, when you clearly dont understand that the church has said repeatedly, "He died for all." What you cant reconcile in your mind is, "Not all will accept Him." If you believed what I believe you would know His church has always said this.

The problem is you choose to listen to what you want to hear, not what has clearly been said. You again claim to have come out of something, but are still very much in that which you claim to have come out of. A respecter of persons means he does not care about good deeds or works, or Enlightenment for that matter. They are filthy rags. It doesnt mean all will be saved in any fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity