Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM

100 posts, read 343,878 times

Advertisements

I speak of those who are against christian rock ,against men with long hair , against women who wear pants , and a whole host of other things. Are they simply blasphemers , or willful enemies of christ? Anyone with a shred of biblical knowledge knows they are one or the other , the question is , which one?

Or are they the men christ warned us about , to mark and have nothing to do with? That's a possibility as well.

Last edited by onemansaves; 02-04-2010 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:27 PM

9,687 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Legalist have a poor knowledge of the wisdom of the fear of God revelation, and understanding of who The Lord God is...... If you go to a Church that the leaders are legalist , and may not have the evidence of the Holy Spirit in their church, then you should tell Jesus that you may be leaving this Church and start going a another one, Which church should I go to, because the hypocrasy here is non acceptable,.... Pray for the people for now But if your life does not come than go to another Church. .. Jesus said `` you have to be far better than the scribs and the pharisees to enter the kingdom of Heaven``..... Who are the scribs, but the legalists

Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
Anyone with a shred of biblical knowledge knows they are one or the other , the question is , which one?

Or are they the men christ warned us about , to mark and have nothing to do with? That's a possibility as well.
LOL.

I mean really really LOL

Those two sentences together say soooooooo much. heheheeh!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:19 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
"The LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.” (1 Sam 16:7)

Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
"The LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.” (1 Sam 16:7)
That's true and I'm sure he does mean well.....it's just funny to me. Equally as entertaining is the fact that he apparently has the denomination of Independent Fundamentalist Baptists confused with fundamental believers.

Just makes me wanna

Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
That's true and I'm sure he does mean well.....it's just funny to me. Equally as entertaining is the fact that he apparently has the denomination of Independent Fundamentalist Baptists confused with fundamental believers.

Just makes me wanna
Alpha I said nothing about any denomination. All I did was name some obvious charectaristics of christs enemies

Old 02-04-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Alpha I said nothing about any denomination. All I did was name some obvious charectaristics of christs enemies
So I am an enemy of Christ? Because I am a fundamental believer (though I'm not IFB).

I also love women in pants, Christian rock, and have no spiritual issue with men with long hair.

So, what about me? LOL

What you really said that cracked me up was that if any one had a 'shred of biblical knowledge' then you had to admit there was only two groups......then you went on to mention a 3rd.

Moderator cut: off topic

Too funny.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-04-2010 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: I have edited the comment originaly left by Miss Blue as it was able to be read by all...

Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
So I am an enemy of Christ? Because I am a fundamental believer (though I'm not IFB).

I also love women in pants, Christian rock, and have no spiritual issue with men with long hair.

So, what about me? LOL

What you really said that cracked me up was that if any one had a 'shred of biblical knowledge' then you had to admit there was only two groups......then you went on to mention a 3rd.

Moderator cut: edit
Alpha I named charctaristics of christs enemies. I said nothing of anyones denomonation. What don't you get about that?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-04-2010 at 08:04 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Alpha I named charctaristics of christs enemies. I said nothing of anyones denomonation. What don't you get about that?
Sure you did....don't be so coy....

Quote:
For years , the enemies of the true jesus have been bashing christian rock , bashing men with long hair , and bashing women who wear pants . The end result , liberal christianity. You can thank your local fundies for it
You make no distinction between fundamental believers and those associated with denominations that have 'Fundamental' is their title.

Jesus is a fundamentalist.

He is not a Fundamentalist.

Copish?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:50 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
Quote:
Jesus is a fundamentalist.

He is not a Fundamentalist.

Copish?
Depending on what we consider the "fundamental truth", Jesus wouldn't be a fundy according to the order and culture of His time - in fact, He blew their belief system out of the water.

I think it's important for us to periodically take a "step back" and look at our world through what we consider His eyes. We get coated with a religious film of indignation and criticism, and forget that God a) loves these people more than we can comprehend, and b) knows what's in their heart, their past, their character, etc more than we ever will.

Our place is to be consumed with His love first of all - if that's "as far as we get" in this life, then we've at least stayed true to the One who called us. If we grow in His love into a place of wisdom and understanding, then trust me - we won't judge according to the ways of this present age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity