Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:40 PM

980 posts, read 1,141,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caucazhin View Post
" for the law made nothing perfect"

Jesus gave a new commandment which supercedes the old ones " love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself " and that would fulfill the law and the prophets

See its quite simple the Jews obeyed the law but most of them did it without love for anyone

The truth is when your walking in love your not thinking about laws

EXAMPLE: if the reason I obey the speed limit is because I dont want to get a ticket Im actually quite selfish. I should obey it because I dont want to endanger other people or myself

The Jews where like people who go around boasting about how they always drive the speed limit

Thats what Paul is pointing out that the law couldnt change anyones heart

Was man made for the sabbath ???
I've read the passage in Galatians and I see the point made, in this regard. However, I am very disturbed by what appears to be a general contempt for The Law, nowadays. The reality is, people are too freaking stupid to know the difference between right and wrong; they must be told. Living in The Spirit is not enough for them and that truth appears to be in harmony with the entire Bible, including Galatians!

In the end, a Christian who attempts to live in The Spirit, while ignoring The Law, will inevitably end up a heathen, because our minds are enough to drive us into wickedness; we need no tempter; we, our very selves, are bad.

They drilled us with this question in public school: are people essentially good or bad? The consensus: people are essentially good. Of course! Why not! After all, it was just people voting Shall we condemn ourselves? No! But God has. The book of Genesis makes it crystal clear, when God kills everyone in The World, because we were so bad! What changed after the water receded? Nothing, we are still very bad. Hence, most of us are going to Hell.

So, live in The Spirit? Sure, but you'd better study and follow The Law or else (Galatians 5:21)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:38 PM

303 posts, read 568,209 times
yes I agree with much of what youve said and its true that it was prophecied that in the last days lawlessness would abound and the antichrist is called the lawless one But it is also clear that the law couldnt save anyone and this is in Hebrews, Corinthians, Romans, Timothy and Titus not just in Galatians.......
Romans 10:4
Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

2 Corinthians 3:7-9
Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 
will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Romans 3:19-20 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

Hebrews 7:18-19
The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 8:13
By calling this covenantnew,” He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Hebrews 10:1-4
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming–not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

1 Timothy 1:8-10
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers–and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine.

Galatians 3:21
Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

Romans 8:3-4
For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so He condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, ( THROUGH HIM ) who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Galatians 3:24-25
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good

So I see it as a love problem not a law problem. The truth is that we Christians are often not as loving as we like to think, slavery and the genocide of american Indians show us just how loving we really were as a nation.....

Last edited by caucazhin; 02-08-2010 at 03:49 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 04:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,725,642 times
Eat pork, burn in hell forever ... ! Great religion ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity