Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 07:39 AM

240 posts, read 475,064 times

Advertisements

I am not very religious but I am curious of what Christians think about heaven. After one does supposedly go to heaven, what form of their being will they live eternity as? For example if an elderly person dies and goes to heaven, will that person live eternity in heaven as the same elderly person they came into heaven as? Or would they live out eternity as their youthful and healthy looking selves? Same question goes to new borns and young children, if for an unfortunate reason their life was cut short and they were to go to heaven, would they live out their eternal lives as their young selves or an older form of themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,596 times
The old become young, the young become old, men become women, women become men, Libertarians become Republicans and Democrats go to Hell. Welcome to the afterlife.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:48 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
That, I suppose, is a mystery. It's very possible we would be without gender or age, just some perfect supernatural body.

I don't know how the whole doctrine of bodily Resurrection fits into all of this. I mean, what about those who have been cremated, for example? That's why I think it's probably more symbolic, or God gathers up all the molecules that made us and brings them back to life.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:22 AM

370 posts, read 452,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That, I suppose, is a mystery. It's very possible we would be without gender or age, just some perfect supernatural body.

I don't know how the whole doctrine of bodily Resurrection fits into all of this. I mean, what about those who have been cremated, for example? That's why I think it's probably more symbolic, or God gathers up all the molecules that made us and brings them back to life.
A very clear explanation from the bible:

But someone will say, “How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?” Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain—perhaps wheat or some other grain. But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.
All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.
There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.
So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

So, no flesh only spirit. Spirit does not have any of those characteristics.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusflinch View Post
The old become young, the young become old, men become women, women become men, Libertarians become Republicans and Democrats go to Hell. Welcome to the afterlife.
Sounds like right here on earth.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:37 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliptik View Post
I am not very religious but I am curious of what Christians think about heaven. After one does supposedly go to heaven, what form of their being will they live eternity as? For example if an elderly person dies and goes to heaven, will that person live eternity in heaven as the same elderly person they came into heaven as? Or would they live out eternity as their youthful and healthy looking selves? Same question goes to new borns and young children, if for an unfortunate reason their life was cut short and they were to go to heaven, would they live out their eternal lives as their young selves or an older form of themselves?
I can honestly say to you, I don't know what our new bodies will be like. My goodness, just to be in His presence would be enough for me. This for you.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwzItqYmII

Thought you might like it, one of my favorites.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:41 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Jesus Christ was about 33 years when he went to the cross and died and then rose from the dead and assended in to Heaven..... There for every person who goes into Heaven will get a new body and that body will be uncorrupted at the appearance on 33 years,,,, none older than Jesus and non younger than Jesus, no sexual diffrence because sexual bodies are not needed. ..Thoughs chosen to go back to the earth after the second coming of Jesus Will have uncorrupted bodies to rule with Jesus for thousand year with an iron septor..... Heaven is over a billion years old and will come to an end after the thousand years riegn of Jesus Christ, and a new Heaven will be created. thoughs with the Lord God will live forever and forever and a day more...... Heaven must be more than a billion years because the earth has had mass extinctions of animals the Lord created and re-created for over billion years... believing the devil detroyed the animals and the earth many times.... The last mass extinction was the ice-age 10,000 years ago.... The ice-age in the Bible is in Job 38: 29-30 Were the Lord God talks about the earth when it was destoyed with ice were the seasons were lost..... Thoughs people who believe in the seven-solar days creation should see that scripture.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I can honestly say to you, I don't know what our new bodies will be like. My goodness, just to be in His presence would be enough for me. This for you.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwzItqYmII

Thought you might like it, one of my favorites.

I agree...just being in His presence would be enough for me...I wouldn't care how "young or old" I appeared to be...just getting there is the main thing...

Bud

Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 AM

667 posts, read 940,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliptik View Post
I am not very religious but I am curious of what Christians think about heaven.
It is a good question, I think nobody knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity