Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 AM

303 posts, read 569,768 times

Advertisements

Elton, 62, declares as he pours out his heart to a magazine: "I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems."
He adds: "Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2859895/Elton-John-claims-Jesus-was-gay.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caucazhin View Post
Elton, 62, declares as he pours out his heart to a magazine: "I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems."
He adds: "Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2859895/Elton-John-claims-Jesus-was-gay.html
"gay man" get it? gay...Jesus was a happy man. That slick lil' wascal you.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We need to leave the nonbiblical alone, they know not what they say.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:26 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You little wascal....Fundamentalist !!

Yet, the truth is ........."Jesus wants us to be loving and forgiving." That part is true !! Even though they think we are not being loving or forgiving.

We are never to compromise with another's sin and when we are led by the Holy Spirit, He will give us the remembrance of that which we are to speak what God's word says about sin, not our opinion and the sinner will hate it, spew upon us their condemnation that the word of God brings upon those who love their darkness, sin, unbelief.....

Be loving regardless of one's sin.... but speak God's truth !! No matter what....they will hate us, because they hated Him first !!

They'll call us all sorts of names, that we are unloving, blah, blah, blah.
Yet, we are to obey our Lord God no matter what.....
........My thoughts go to Stephen who was speaking the word of God to the people and they stoned him to death, to shut him up, but Christ was right there for Stephen ..... just as He will be for us !!! Amen

Blessings

Old 02-19-2010, 11:28 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
um,apparently he hasn't read the bible with any real understanding.God isn't out to get homosexuals...He condemns *any sex outside of marriage,and says that marriage is bet. a man n woman only.
I am sorry,I don't write the bible,I can only quote what God says,without changing it.Elton is changing it,no doubt:

1 Corinthians 6:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
You little wascal....Fundamentalist !!

Yet, the truth is ........."Jesus wants us to be loving and forgiving." That part is true !! Even though they think we are not being loving or forgiving.

We are never to compromise with another's sin and when we are led by the Holy Spirit, He will give us the remembrance of that which we are to speak what God's word says about sin, not our opinion and the sinner will hate it, spew upon us their condemnation that the word of God brings upon those who love their darkness, sin, unbelief.....

Be loving regardless of one's sin.... but speak God's truth !! No matter what....they will hate us, because they hated Him first !!

They'll call us all sorts of names, that we are unloving, blah, blah, blah.
Yet, we are to obey our Lord God no matter what.....
........My thoughts go to Stephen who was speaking the word of God to the people and they stoned him to death, to shut him up, but Christ was right there for Stephen ..... just as He will be for us !!! Amen

Blessings
I really enjoy your posts, thank you.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
um,apparently he hasn't read the bible with any real understanding.God isn't out to get homosexuals...He condemns *any sex outside of marriage,and says that marriage is bet. a man n woman only.
I am sorry,I don't write the bible,I can only quote what God says,without changing it.Elton is changing it,no doubt:

1 Corinthians 6:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
Very good, it is not the way of life but the sins.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post

1 Corinthians 6:

Amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity