Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times

Advertisements

There was a powerful man of God named Paul who knew what it meant to live in a rythm of miracle power living. The miracle power of God glowed through this great apostle in such a powerful way that "...even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them" (Acts 19:12,NKJV).

As we look at a specific miracle experienced by Paul, keep in mind that a miracle is something which cannot happen by human means...it is a supernatural manifestation of God that comes into our daily lives to deal with events and circumstances that cannot be met by just the normal means.

What were the circumstances Paul faced?
1. He was falsely accused (verses 19-21).
2. His clothes were torn off and he was beaten (verse 22).
3. He was cast into prison and his feet were placed in stocks (verses 23-24)...

...If ever Paul needed a divine intervention from God, this was the time!!!

...Just for a moment trade places with Paul...precious Paul...How would you or I have reacted? Most Christians today would not know how to cope. They would be fearful...confused...angry...outraged...and full of self-pity. many would question God, "Why have You allowed this to happen to me? Don't You love me? Why have You forsaken me?"
Many Christians feel that victory is the absence of pain or the absence of problems in their lives. Or, they believe that victory only comes when a battle is over...when their pain stops...when their financial problems are resolved...
...but God never promised us freedom from problems and pain. He did promise us peace in Him and overcoming power!!!...
..."These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" John 17:33...<<<and in these scriptures, PAUL IS THE EXAMPLE OF VICTORY IN THE MIDST OF THE BATTLE!!!

Look at Paul again in prison...

...He is seated on the hard, cold ground...unable to move...his feet fastened securely in the stocks...blood pouring from the wounds on his back...In the middle of these circumstances, Paul had a deep inner-knowing that God was in control of his circumstances and that God would would deliver him.

I can almost see Paul slowly raise his eyes and hands toward heaven...in the midst of his circumstances...out of his mouth begins to flow songs of praise and worship unto God...louder and louder his voice echoes throughout the prison...then Silas joins in and their voices fill the night air until God's powerful Presence permeates the entire prison! SUDDENLY, God supernaturally intervenes in Paul's circumstances with a miracle!!! (verses 25-26).

God not only met the need in Paul and Silas' lives with a miracle, but as a result of the manifestation of God's power, the jailer was saved along with his whole house (verses 27-34).

With your eyes stayed on God...with an attitude of faith and gratitude to Him who loved and saved you with His blood, this same miracle power is available to you for your life.......

.......Like Paul...precious Paul...who loved God with all of his heart and soul and strength...reach out in faith and receive your miracle!...Thank You Father...for Paul...and his example of what it is to truly believe and live a life in Your will!

Blessings to all who "see" and "hear"

In Christ's Love,

Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 07:01 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Amen, sister Verna! That's living by faith!

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. - Romans 1:17

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7

Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Amen, sister Verna! That's living by faith!

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. - Romans 1:17

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7
...Amen!...scgraham!...Amen!!! There is no question that Paul loved and lived for God!!!...he was so precious!...and I cannot wait to meet him in heaven, right along with Jesus, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Isaiah, Luke, Titus, Silus, Timothy, John, James, Jeremiah, Elisha, Elija, Ezekiel, Peter, James...and ALL the rest of The Gang!!!! Hallelujuah! They are ALL up there right now...cheering us on as we work out our salvation in fear and trembling here upon the earth!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:14 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Paul bought gold that was tried in the fire, that's for sure. Note though, he got revelation that not everyone agrees with.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Paul bought gold that was tried in the fire, that's for sure. Note though, he got revelation that not everyone agrees with.
...Hi little elmer.

Believe you me...the past couple of weeks have brought me to a place now where I must take a stand for Paul! He may have taught coming from an understanding that largely centered upon believing...the problem is not with his focus on believing...it is with the people's mis-interpretation of the word "believe," and what believing truly entails! Belief is an ACTION word...there ARE works that SHOULD be manifested in one's life that show the fruit of the Spirit and It's POWER inside them as they are enabled to overcome sinning willfully COMPLETELY in their lives! What kind of God would mandate us to do something He thought we were unable to do?...He is not a God who can lie!!!

False doctrine has budded and sprouted...bloomed and seeded over and over, again and again since Paul's journeying days of old...some have always done their best, and still continue today, to attempt to discredit Paul and his teaching methods, and they're wrong!...so very, very wrong.
I believe that anyone who tries to discredit Paul's teachings is somehow trying to justify a life lived in something other than complete obedience to His commandments...ALL TEN OF THEM!...which life is living proof of a life being lived out in one's self-will...a life of iniquity...sin...because sin is nothing other than the transgression of the law!

What zeal Paul had for the ways of the LORD!...if we could all have but a small portion of the faith he had!...yes, he believed...but he ACTED upon his belief in obedient faith!!!

...may God have mercy on us!

He that hath an ear to hear...HEAR what the Spirit is saying to you!!!

God Bless...

Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
They may not agree, but they're in false doctrine. The unbelieving Jews doubted Paul as well; they only believed part of the Bible too; and, we know that they weren't right with God.

Paul was more like Jesus than any of the other apostles, and he never saw Jesus in the flesh. Jesus used Paul, a chosen vessel, to bring grace to the gentiles. Paul also did an extraordinary job of explaining the law vs grace.

Last edited by scgraham; 02-09-2010 at 11:08 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
I am so sick of not being able to rep someone who deserves it without repping a couple who dont so please Verna consider your self repped.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:21 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
They may not agree, but they're in false doctrine. The unbelieving Jews doubted Paul as well; they only believed part of the Bible too; and, we know that they weren't right with God.

Paul was more like Jesus than any of the other apostles, and he never saw Jesus in the flesh. Jesus used Paul, a chosen vessel, to bring grace to the gentiles. Paul also did an extraordinary job of explaining the law vs grace.
Jesus died for the world, but Paul explained how the Christian dies to the flesh. Many think that Jesus' death was sufficient for their flesh, but the reality is it was sufficient for their sin - but the flesh was yet to be dealt with.

As Jesus' command to take up their cross was fading in the distance, Paul renewed the call as he went so far as to call out those who thought holiness was possible without dying to the flesh:

Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die! (1 Cor 15:36)

Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I am so sick of not being able to rep someone who deserves it without repping a couple who dont so please Verna consider your self repped.
...Thank you Robin...I love you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity