Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 04:30 PM

109 posts, read 439,847 times

Advertisements

RobinD69, Where to start? First of all we are so removed from the principles of the Christian theme that this country was based on that it is no longer able to see the forest for the trees. When the pilgrims landed in Jamestown, the first thing they did was erect a cross and give thanks to God, everything else was secondary. Our whole beginning as a nation was biblical fundementalism. I will say anything past the crucification of Christ is so much religion and never confuse religion with Christianity. Religion has ruined more good people than any lethal weapon. There are many religions and they all have their own theologies and this creates a problem, people pick a "religion" that suits their lifestyle.
I live by two major passages in the Bible and as I paraphrase a lot bare with me. #1. Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well and helped her draw water and talked to her, this was very uncomfortable for her as at that time period, men did not strike up conversations with strange women and not a Samaritan!!. Being uncomfortable she tried to make some small talk and so asked Jesus on what mountain he prayed on (in those days they did not have organized churches). Jesus basically told her the day would come when you need not be on any mountain to pray. What he is saying that it is a relationship, not a church. I believe everyone who has a reason or feels comfortable going to a certain church or belonging to a certain religion it is their right as they are the one's who have to live with themselves. Their relationship is a personal thing and you know if you are doing right or wrong in your own heart and realize the outcome but it is your choice. God gave all of us "free will".#2, God said I have domanian over the fish in the ocean, the beasts in the field and the birds in the sky and as I see it unless "HE" equips you or gives you the talent or gifting or whatever to do anything else, live your relationship and keep your nose out of other people's business.. As far as man's law versus God's law, we are a society that needs laws or we will have anachry, are they always right, I suppose not but Jesus said, "whose face is on this coin"? and the boys said Caesar's and Jesus said then give to Caesar what is his, again it goes back to what you personally believe in as a personal relationship. I have taught Bible Studies and worked with the youth and I really liked working with young people because they were not all bound up with tradition and crap, they were open minded enough to take it in text and not literally and realized this is their own path to walk and have no right to judge another. Correct my grammar and spelling all you want, I am fairly well balanced.Now that I am on the soap box let me add, it is about time we started worring about ourselves and quit giving a damn what people thought of us as Americans and stop making excuses for our actions. Also one more shot, Why all the turmoil in the Middle East. back to the bible, look at Abraham and Sarah, the hand maiden's son was cast out with his Mother in the desert and became the father of the "warring Tribes". Iran, Irag, Yemen, etc.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:44 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Vineyards View Post
RobinD69, Where to start? First of all we are so removed from the principles of the Christian theme that this country was based on that it is no longer able to see the forest for the trees. When the pilgrims landed in Jamestown, the first thing they did was erect a cross and give thanks to God, everything else was secondary. Our whole beginning as a nation was biblical fundementalism. I will say anything past the crucification of Christ is so much religion and never confuse religion with Christianity. Religion has ruined more good people than any lethal weapon. There are many religions and they all have their own theologies and this creates a problem, people pick a "religion" that suits their lifestyle.
I live by two major passages in the Bible and as I paraphrase a lot bare with me. #1. Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well and helped her draw water and talked to her, this was very uncomfortable for her as at that time period, men did not strike up conversations with strange women and not a Samaritan!!. Being uncomfortable she tried to make some small talk and so asked Jesus on what mountain he prayed on (in those days they did not have organized churches). Jesus basically told her the day would come when you need not be on any mountain to pray. What he is saying that it is a relationship, not a church. I believe everyone who has a reason or feels comfortable going to a certain church or belonging to a certain religion it is their right as they are the one's who have to live with themselves. Their relationship is a personal thing and you know if you are doing right or wrong in your own heart and realize the outcome but it is your choice. God gave all of us "free will".#2, God said I have domanian over the fish in the ocean, the beasts in the field and the birds in the sky and as I see it unless "HE" equips you or gives you the talent or gifting or whatever to do anything else, live your relationship and keep your nose out of other people's business.. As far as man's law versus God's law, we are a society that needs laws or we will have anachry, are they always right, I suppose not but Jesus said, "whose face is on this coin"? and the boys said Caesar's and Jesus said then give to Caesar what is his, again it goes back to what you personally believe in as a personal relationship. I have taught Bible Studies and worked with the youth and I really liked working with young people because they were not all bound up with tradition and crap, they were open minded enough to take it in text and not literally and realized this is their own path to walk and have no right to judge another. Correct my grammar and spelling all you want, I am fairly well balanced.Now that I am on the soap box let me add, it is about time we started worring about ourselves and quit giving a damn what people thought of us as Americans and stop making excuses for our actions. Also one more shot, Why all the turmoil in the Middle East. back to the bible, look at Abraham and Sarah, the hand maiden's son was cast out with his Mother in the desert and became the father of the "warring Tribes". Iran, Irag, Yemen, etc.
You make some very good points, Thank you for sharing and thank you for your perspective you have a very informed perspective which many will not appreciate but I do.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You really need to take a look at the facts surrounding Shephards death, you have truly bought into the propaganda.
You mean like the fact that he was robbed, pistol whipped, tortured, tied to a fence in a remote area and left to die? Afterwards, the district attorney could not prosecute the act as a hate crime because there was no legislation against such things based on a person's sexual orientation.

Now, explain to me what else needs to be discerned from this Robin? Or are you so mentally deluded that you're sitting at home thanking Jesus for the brutal death of another gay person?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 PM

109 posts, read 439,847 times
RobinD69, thank you, I appreciate that and I was not directing this to you but as you were the last post I just jumped in. Yes we are always going to have discussions on this topic and I gues that is the reason you do not discuss politics or "RELIGION". Thanks again, lee

Old 02-09-2010, 04:59 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
You mean like the fact that he was robbed, pistol whipped, tortured, tied to a fence in a remote area and left to die? Afterwards, the defendants could not prosecute the act as a hate crime because there was no legislation against such things based on a person's sexual orientation.

Now, explain to me what else needs to be discerned from this Robin? Or are you so mentally deluded that you're sitting at home thanking Jesus for the brutal death of another gay person?
There is no proof that his death was a hate crime because he was gay. All evidence points to robbery and murder all else is heresay and manipulation of the facts. If you would be so kind as to present a police report that states otherwise then you are only promoting propaganda.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM

7 posts, read 4,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
The Holy Bible speaks clearly against Homosexuality.

Christian speech targeted as 'hate'

But Obama's Hate Speech Bill prohibited it and persecuted Christians for fellowship the Bible Teaching.

Christian speech targeted as 'hate'

Is it ok or not, what should Christians do: to follow Obama or the Holy Bible?

Any tought?
The song "Pure Bride" by Leeland will give you your answer

Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
Quote:
Excuse me, where are we? Oh yeah the CHRISTIANITY FORUM, if you dont like it leave it. This is why people like you constantly twist and abuse the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Again, someone please answer my question "Where in the Constitution or Bill of Rights is the seperation of church and state"?
Yes! Yes! Where O Where Art Thou? I'm so smart I can simply say "where is it in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights"!!! Great argument since I can completely disregard any case law that has taken place in this country..

Where does the Constitution and the Bill of Rights say anything about Miranda Rights? Where!?!?!?!? Where does it mention the speed limit??!?!? Where does it mention that women have a right to vote?!?!?!?!? Where I ask you!?!?!?

~yawn~ <-- for sad tired argument..

Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
In actuality the freedom of religion was specificaly Christian and Jewish, all other were considered pagan and actually against the law of the Land.
Really? Got documentation on that?

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This country was founded by those trying to escape religious persecution, and it will not be tolerated.
Well, there ya' go.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
the scriptures are the law of the church not the law of the land. does not apply to non members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity