Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 AM

7 posts, read 4,511 times

Advertisements

I am not gonna say too much but I need special prayers , from as many people as I can get , to help me quit smoking and do so immedialtely.

You don't even have to post your prayers if you don't want just pray for me

My real first name is josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 AM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Absolutely brother! I quit smoking myself years ago. Never in a million years thought I could do it. I'm happy to report, I do not crave them in the least! Can't even believe I ever smoked. There is hope!

Saying prayers for you...
and I cannot recommend this book enough,
Allen Carr: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

PLEASE BUY IT AND READ IT!
It will help you!
It puts your mind in the exact right mode.
It truly does.

Please get it! It has helped sooo many people.

I quit cold turkey.
You can too.

Just look at the reviews:

Amazon.com: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Join the Millions Who Have Become Non-Smokers Using Allen Carr's Easyway Method (0749725586160): Allen Carr: Books

Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Bless you Josh.

Prayers being said.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,183,286 times
I can relate Josh. May the Lord give you His mind in this. Your flesh will submit when your will lines up with His.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Prayers to quit smoking and for better health and a long happy life..

Old 02-10-2010, 09:28 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,538 times
Dear Josh,
May the LORD Jesus Christ, who delivered me completely and instantly from a four pack a day habit over forty years ago, when I called on His name for it after trying to quit [for the second time myself, and only smoking more and more as I tried harder and harder, that second time], give you the same grace and mercy and power as He gave me, when I was not yet even a Christian, but yet called on His name for help because I knew that He could do it.
I wasn't saved for another 18 months after He delivered me that time, but I never ever, had another cigarette nor the desire for one, in my life, from that moment of His hearing my prayer and answering me.
He will hear you too, when you acknowledge Him and seek Him for it.
There is a book called "How To Live Like a King's Kid" written by a man who became a born again in Christ believer who was freed from alcohol but could not quit smoking and was so ill that he could not walk up four steps without stopping to get his breath. One day, he just quit trying to stop smoking, because he had been trying and had also, like me, got up to four packs a day trying to quit; and he just committed it totally to the LORD Jesus, that day, and told Him that he was His, and if He wanted him to die by smoking, then so be it, because he was not able to quit and he was only getting worse and worse in it as he tried -and he was dying. Two weeks after that total release of it to Jesus Christ, he suddenly realized that he had not a a cigarette in that two weeks, nor had it crossed his mind that he was not smoking [that is the miracle of it, too].
You can still get that book and for only a dime, used, from Amazon [plus "shipping", of course]. But I am sure you could make a request for your library to order it for you, since I doubt that they would have it on the shelf as it was written so long ago [then again, Jesus will just give you words of promise from His Holy Word, too, when you are seeking His help, for that is the power of the LORD Jesus that is available for you, too, when you make it Jesus' business to do it, and yield it up to Him.].

Amazon.com: How to Live Like a King's Kid: Rollicking and Incisive...the Reflections and Recollections of an Engineerings Executive (9780882703756): Harold Hill, Irene Harrell, David Du Piessis: Books

Old 02-11-2010, 04:45 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,903 times
Prayers sent. God bless.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 PM

696 posts, read 915,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreesman View Post
I am not gonna say too much but I need special prayers , from as many people as I can get , to help me quit smoking and do so immedialtely.

I quit smoking it is no easy thing. Every night I pray for everything I can remember. You and my son share a first name. I will for you. Just post to us when you have overcome please. It would be great witness to hear in the power of the Lord's work.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:

Hi Josh, prayers does wonders! I'm on your side.........

Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times
Quote:

I just prayed for you Josh. What is making it so hard for you to quit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity