Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Two great posts! It's sad how the world tries to justify sin.
Do you sin? I do. Saying that all people sin and that no one can pass judgement except God is not justifying sin. If you don't sin, I would love to meet you because I have been waiting a long time for the second coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 01:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Do you sin? I do. Saying that all people sin and that no one can pass judgement except God is not justifying sin. If you don't sin, I would love to meet you because I have been waiting a long time for the second coming.
That is not what I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA said, and you know it.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:56 PM

He/She said that people are trying to justify sin. I don't agree. I am a Chrisitan, just not a fundamentalist Christian. I also believe that God created us all and therefore loves us all. He understands our hearts, and therefore, we don't need to worry about what man thinks. It doesn't even matter how man interprets the Bible does it? All that matters is our relationship with God. No one can read my heart except God.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
He/She said that people are trying to justify sin. I don't agree. I am a Chrisitan, just not a fundamentalist Christian. I also believe that God created us all and therefore loves us all. He understands our hearts, and therefore, we don't need to worry about what man thinks. It doesn't even matter how man interprets the Bible does it? All that matters is our relationship with God. No one can read my heart except God.
It does matter how man interprets Bible. Some people like to twist the verses to mean something that they don't mean, and some others try to omit inconvenient verses out of the Bible, while some others cherry pick verses out of context. Some do it without realizing it, and others, like the gay churches, do it deliberately. And yes, some people try to justify sin by saying there is no penalty for sin, and others try to convince the whole world that some certain sins are not even sins. Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible, but I have seen many people go to great lengths to justifying it and convincing everyone that it is not.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
I know this is not trully about homosexuality so I wont address that specificaly. But it is about the interpritation of Romans 1:26-27 and the inplications of sin whether Christian or not. Now if some considers themselves Christian and they sin then they ofcourse should repent and not condone their sin. If someone condones their sin then they bear bad fruit an therefor bring into question their Christianity. No if someone continues to bear bad fruit and condones said sins then naturaly other Christians will either determine they are backsliden or not a Christian to begin with. I hope I havent confused anyone.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:03 PM

I don't think anyone is confused, but I still say all people are sinners. That is the nature of all of us. I also don't think it is up to other Christians to either condone sin or to point it out. I believe that is up to God.

Also, many Chrisitians, pastor, priests, and learned men interpret the Bible differently. Many people seem to find whatever they want to find. I believe God wants us to have a personal relationship with him and live the best life we can. Mankind will not decide whether we go to heaven or not. I believe that the sins of lust, greed, etc. etc. are all equally bad. Therefore, I know I am a sinner and dependent on the mercy of God not man.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It does matter how man interprets Bible. Some people like to twist the verses to mean something that they don't mean, and some others try to omit inconvenient verses out of the Bible, while some others cherry pick verses out of context. Some do it without realizing it, and others, like the gay churches, do it deliberately. And yes, some people try to justify sin by saying there is no penalty for sin, and others try to convince the whole world that some certain sins are not even sins. Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible, but I have seen many people go to great lengths to justifying it and convincing everyone that it is not.
I would like to ask your opinion about an issue that bothers me. I have a friend who had a child without any sexual organs. She was told she had a girl. They named the baby and had her christened. They planned to surgically make her a female when she was a little older. Then, their family doctor suggested they do chromosone testing to determine the actual sex of the baby. The testing revealed that this child was in fact a male. If this can happen, what would have happened if they had left this child as a female? What about when the child grew and had normal feelings for females? Would you say if the child acted on them that would be morally wrong?

I just sometimes wonder about what would have happened to my friend's son. Unfortunately, he was killed as a child when hit by a car. He had led a very sad life having surgery after surgery. It just really made me question myself about my own beliefs.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand the word justify,because that is what people do when they continue on living in their sins.

I do agree with your last sentence though,no I do not know your heart as you don't know mine.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Yes the world is trying to justify sin by saying it's ok if it doesn't hurt anyone The world will always have an excuse for their sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are correct, it DOES matter how we interpret Gods Word!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone is confused, but I still say all people are sinners. That is the nature of all of us. I also don't think it is up to other Christians to either condone sin or to point it out. I believe that is up to God.
Wrong again. The Bible encourages the believers to spread the message, so it is OK to point it out. This is especially true between believers, because if you know a fellow believer who is off the path, you need to point it out to him, and give him/her a chance to recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity