Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So I take it you don't believe these scriptures? Or maybe you do?

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

John 3:17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

1 John 2:2 He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

1 John 4:14 Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Isaiah 26:9 for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

2 Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

1 Tim 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
I believe those Scriptures in that they speak of the sphere of the world, and not every single person. His death is powerful enough for all, but all will not be saved.

My earlier comment was towards your lack of belief in the Scriptures I posted from other threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 02:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus died for everyone whether they believe or not. Every person's sins have been died for whether they believe now or not.

WWII is over whether some believe it or not.

Rom 5:18 "Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all
mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all
mankind for life's justifying."

It depends upon Jesus' faith, not ours.
You didn't answer the question. How do they get into heaven?

Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If you notice in that scripture:
Gal 2:16 having perceived that a man is not being justified by works of law, except alone through the faith of Christ Jesus, we also believe in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by works of law, seeing that by works of law shall no flesh at all be justified."

The underlined portions do not say we may be justified by OUR faith in Christ but by the FAITH OF CHRIST!

It is Christ not us who had the faith larger than a mustard seed.

It is not of ourselves.

Therefore there is no work on the part of the saved but only on the part of the savior. That is what grace is all about.

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them." Luke 6:32

If God loves and saves only those who choose salvation and love God then what is the point Jesus is trying to make in Luke 6?

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." Luke 6:35

This is the true nature of God...

Matt. 5 states something similar and verse 48 states: Be perfect as God is perfect.

Therefore we can see that God's perfection and Grace is for the ungrateful, the wicked, and his justice will reflect that negating the need for God to punish anyone after death.
How does an unbeliever get saved without believing?

Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Rom 5:18 "Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all
mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all
mankind for life's justifying."

It depends upon Jesus' faith, not ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You didn't answer the question. How do they get into heaven?
You didn't ask me how do they get into heaven? You asked how do they get justified.

To answer your question "How to they get into heaven": They float

Old 02-12-2010, 02:54 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
  • Through what Christ accomplished for them:
  • Through what He did on the cross Romans 5:18,19;
  • "through the blood of His cross (Col.1:20)
  • Through His obedience unto death (Phil.2:8-11)
They won't always be unbelievers.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:37 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I believe those Scriptures in that they speak of the sphere of the world, and not every single person. His death is powerful enough for all, but all will not be saved.

My earlier comment was towards your lack of belief in the Scriptures I posted from other threads.

So we are even then! You don't believe Jesus will save the world (every single person), I don't believe there will be eternal hell (literal punishment forever)!

If Jesus takes away the sin of the "sphere of the world", is that all sin or only some sin?

Is His death powerful enough for all, or only the "sphere of all (the world)"?

And if it is powerful enough for the whole world, then why does it fail to cover all?

Apparently it is not powerful enough for all since you believe not all are saved. Either Christ did not even atone for all in the first place, or His atonement failed.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
They don't.

But how does an unbeliever believe?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Saved from what?

Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Sounds like a lot of ad homs from the UR crowd again. The point is, one must believe in Christ to have eternal life. That's it.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Sounds like a lot of ad homs from the UR crowd again. The point is, one must believe in Christ to have eternal life. That's it.
The point was made that eternal life is to know God and has nothing to do with an after life... right? I mean what else can we say...

The other thing is saved from what?

Sin? all men are saved from sin.. if they so choose to repent from it. Jesus did that and if you believe you will live as a slave to righteousness not a slave to sin. If you don't believe then your life will not be easy and will like lead to death.

Saved from the wrath of God? You and I know that the wrath of God ended with the destruction of Jerusalem.

Saved from eternal burning in hell? I also think we covered that there is a gross misconception about what the lake of fire and those misconceptions leave you to believe that the wrath of God is extended for some but not for others. So I guess you are saying that Jesus only died for a certain number of predestined people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity