Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 02:38 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,469,681 times

Advertisements

I was reading through Psalm 139 because I like it...

And I read this:
Psalm 139:7-8
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the Sheol, you [GOD] are there.

Is God in Hell?

Job 26:6 "Naked is Sheol before Him, And Abaddon has no covering.

Proverbs 15:11 Sheol and Abaddon lie open before the LORD, How much more the hearts of men!

(Abaddon in case anyone is wondering is (place of) destruction or ruin, a perishing, Hades.. etc.)

Revelation 14:9-10 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand,he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
If God is everywhere including Hell.. how is it that eternal torment teaches separation from God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 02:57 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,504,580 times
It is very simple. Separated from God doesn't mean separated from His presence which really will only add further condemnation thus giving Him the glory, it simply means that they are separated from the goodness of God and that they don't receive the full maniefestation of salvation. Everything God provides for us here will be provided for us in the next life. The same can't be said for unbelievers. The unbelievers will have bodies with the same needs like water, food, a stable ground to walk on, air to breathe, love but God won't provide that. No hope- a hopelessness beyond measure that I would never want to experience or wish on my worst enemy.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 02-15-2010 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 03:14 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,545,408 times
It means that even though we can't see God ,He can see us in the darkest depths of the Earth we can not disguise ourselves from the Lord as He will find us out. He sees everything that we do even with the thickest veil of obscurity.

Sheol is not hell(hades) but the grave as we believers will not be separated from the Lord who is in Heaven when we die.

Last edited by noland123; 02-15-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity