Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:56 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times

Advertisements

There is not persicution of Christianity so long as you don't practice it. Look around, who trully follows the Christian faith? Sure people claim belief in Jesus but do the know Him or know of Him? Everyone knows of Jesus in their own way, but there is the problem "their own way". There are abortion supporter who know of Jesus, how about the gays who know of Jesus, or polititions who know of Jesus, even demons know of Jesus, but do any of them know Him personally? Not really. How can you know Jesus? The Bible and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, thats how. But be warned, you will be persicuted if you know Jesus and are a true Christian.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 AM

How many true Christians are here? Or do we have to settle for pretenders?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
There is not persicution of Christianity so long as you don't practice it. Look around, who trully follows the Christian faith? Sure people claim belief in Jesus but do the know Him or know of Him? Everyone knows of Jesus in their own way, but there is the problem "their own way". There are abortion supporter who know of Jesus, how about the gays who know of Jesus, or polititions who know of Jesus, even demons know of Jesus, but do any of them know Him personally? Not really. How can you know Jesus? The Bible and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, thats how. But be warned, you will be persicuted if you know Jesus and are a true Christian.
Of course, only your interpretation of the bible is correct, and everyone else is wrong.

The only "persicution" I see against Christians in this country is aimed toward those who would force their narrow and bigoted views on the rest of us.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Of course, only your interpretation of the bible is correct, and everyone else is wrong.

The only "persecution" I see against Christians in this country is aimed toward those who would force their narrow and bigoted views on the rest of us.
You clearly miss the point, Please try again.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2010 at 09:55 AM..

Old 02-17-2010, 09:54 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself....I think we can leave it up to God as to who are the "true Christians." I don't think it has anything to do with what denomination of church you attend, or which Bible translation you prefer...

Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
Quote:
And I suppose you are a "true" Christian right?

And you came to that conclusion how?

Jesus tell you?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:01 AM

Still missing the point. No judging just making a point.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
And I suppose you are a "true" Christian right?

And you came to that conclusion how?

Jesus tell you?
You will know them by there fruit. But still missing the point.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:05 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
What is it that you want? Want us to list how we are being persecuted? What if things are going pretty well for us...we are healthy, financially stable, kids are doing great, spiritually growing....not a bit of persecution in sight. Granted, some of that is due to a good attitude. We are to give thanks in all things, not wail in the streets and cry 'PERSECUTION' when things don't go our way. I guess I don't think much about being persecuted....the people who do seem to be continually miserable and I don't see a Biblical justification for that sort of attitude.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
This thread is truly disgusting. The other day a friend of mine posted something on Facebook about how it wasn't cool to "attack Christians". I sent her a message and told her that the majority of Christians who are attacked/persecuted are attacked and persecuted by other Christians!

So you think you know it all? What goes on in everyone who claims to be Christians' heads? You think you determine who's right and wrong? You come across as an attacker, a finger pointer, and someone who has a big axe to grind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity