Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:09 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times

Advertisements

This puzzles me, we are in a Christian forum and Christian aren't allowed to share their views without being branded hateful. Does this mean the people of this forum are lost for the most part or trapped in a backslidden nature? Just a question, not an attack and I am not saying anyone is not Christian. The fruit speaks for itself.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:17 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Problem is not so much with Christianity in itself but the problem is with some of the people who profess one ideology and have a one track mind that they profess to be the only correct one...I'm saying a lot of words...right?.

The person wants to spiel their belief and when you try to give your thoughts on a matter they are ready to leave. They don't want to hear any opposing dialouge.

I found this to be true with the JW that would come around my place every so often.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Problem is not so much with Christianity in itself but the problem is with some of the people who profess one ideology and have a one track mind that they profess to be the only correct one...I'm saying a lot of words...right?.

The person wants to spiel their belief and when you try to give your thoughts on a matter they are ready to leave. They don't want to hear any opposing dialouge.

I found this to be true with the JW that would come around my place every so often.
I can see that but what can done about it?

Old 02-17-2010, 01:34 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I think the problem with this forum is a lack of respect, understanding, and love for our brothers and sisters..As I understand it, this forum was given to us as a place where Christians, and others interested in participating could come together and discuss things of interest to the Christians..

Instead it has mostly become a battleground of "my doctrine and/or interpretation is better than yours"

Old 02-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I think the problem with this forum is a lack of respect, understanding, and love for our brothers and sisters..As I understand it, this forum was given to us as a place where Christians, and others interested in participating could come together and discuss things of interest to the Christians..

Instead it has mostly become a battleground of "my doctrine and/or interpretation is better than yours"
Yes I have seen that and unfortunately I have been found guilty in the past and accused recently. I try to stay away from topics that are not respectful but as you know that is sometimes hard to do.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:

This side is a heaven in comparison to religion/philosphy forum.
The religion/philosphy forum is so brutal at times......no religion and no philosphy allowed there especially christianity.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You people do realize that according to the law of God homosexuals should be put to death, so I think we are being very tolerant by allowing them to live.
I'm shocked anyone would be branded as "hateful" here..

All of us make our decisions about who someone really is based on what they say here.

I'm quite sure I have my own loyal "anti-bigthirsty" following based on the comments I've made on this board.

If I say something so over the top.. I should be held accountable. If I say something like "I think we are being tolerant by allowing a group of the population to live".. someone should call me on it and say "BT.. not cool yeah?" because it wouldn't be cool.. at all for me to say that about any human being on this earth.

But you did. You stated it and had no reservations about it. You plainly stated you thought tolerance equates to letting homosexuals.. LIVE.

Well guess what.. people make generalizations about you based on what you say. Whether or not you think homosexuality is wrong or not is the the issue. What you believe the bible says on the topic.. is not the issue.

You.. of seemingly sound body and mind stated you thought it was tolerant that we let a group of the population.. LIVE... as in not be put to death.. as in not die. Those were your words. You typed them before you hit post. They've been there for awhile now.

In my three years or so of posting here I've read many.. many hurtful things. Your statement quoted above might be the absolute worst thing I have ever seen on this message board. Bar none.

I can honestly say I never thought you hated homosexuals before you made that comment. I thought you were misguided yes.. but hateful.. no I didn't think that. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Now I know you do.. so if the shoe fits.

wear it.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:03 PM

696 posts, read 915,549 times
Every "attack" is one step close and closer to the day when no "attack" will come. The religon of man is in full swing. Some of the things such as " this was the major church view for 500 years" has forced me to study things I would not have payed attention to. It is furthur reinforced these claims as false. Each "attack" opens up the foor for more truth than I had before.

Rejoice in the "attacks". They only make you stronger.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'm shocked anyone would be branded as "hateful" here..

All of us make our decisions about who someone really is based on what they say here.

I'm quite sure I have my own loyal "anti-bigthirsty" following based on the comments I've made on this board.

If I say something so over the top.. I should be held accountable. If I say something like "I think we are being tolerant by allowing a group of the population to live".. someone should call me on it and say "BT.. not cool yeah?" because it wouldn't be cool.. at all for me to say that about any human being on this earth.

But you did. You stated it and had no reservations about it. You plainly stated you thought tolerance equates to letting homosexuals.. LIVE.

Well guess what.. people make generalizations about you based on what you say. Whether or not you think homosexuality is wrong or not is the the issue. What you believe the bible says on the topic.. is not the issue.

You.. of seemingly sound body and mind stated you thought it was tolerant that we let a group of the population.. LIVE... as in not be put to death.. as in not die. Those were your words. You typed them before you hit post. They've been there for awhile now.

In my three years or so of posting here I've read many.. many hurtful things. Your statement quoted above might be the absolute worst thing I have ever seen on this message board. Bar none.

I can honestly say I never thought you hated homosexuals before you made that comment. I thought you were misguided yes.. but hateful.. no I didn't think that. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Now I know you do.. so if the shoe fits.

wear it.
Please quote specifically what you claim I wrote and the context of the topic. I have never said I hated anyone and a previous topic has proven who the true haters are. Care to review the topic you couldnt handle?

I could see equating letting someone live no matter what their views are as being tolerant but not hateful. I never indorsed killing anyone. What about the attacks for quoting scripture, where is the tolerance on the other side of the subject.

Come now BT produce some facts.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:21 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,933 times
Quote:
I think the problem with this forum is a lack of respect, understanding, and love for our brothers and sisters..As I understand it, this forum was given to us as a place where Christians, and others interested in participating could come together and discuss things of interest to the Christians.. Instead it has mostly become a battleground of "my doctrine and/or interpretation is better than yours"
I've been a member of many other boards with religion forums and thanks to moderators here who step in when it's vital but don't micromanage or rule with personal prejudice trying to get everyone to conform to their own image and likeness, on this one comparatively we're already in 'heaven'.

I think we should all count our many blessings and keep on reading as tolerantly and writing as respectfully as we can. We're required as Christians to love one another, but we're free to pick our friends...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity