Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:55 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

I have heard universalist use this term "ages" so how long is an age. Please I would like to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have heard universalist use this term "ages" so how long is an age. Please I would like to know?
As long as it lasts.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
As long as it lasts.
You think you can be a bit more detailed, does age have only to do with time or is their more to it?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
You think you can be a bit more detailed, does age have only to do with time or is their more to it?
Each age has a purpose, and it lasts as long as is necessary for that purpose to be complete, I believe.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:35 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
As long as it lasts.
Can't really argue.

An age could only be defined by the shift brought upon by God's hand, similar to "in the fullness of time", which would precede the end of an age, I suppose.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Each age has a purpose, and it lasts as long as is necessary for that purpose to be complete, I believe.
So this time we are living in before Jesus comes back is this an age?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Can't really argue.

An age could only be defined by the shift brought upon by God's hand, similar to "in the fullness of time", which would precede the end of an age, I suppose.

And it occurs to me that it is possible for more than one age to run concurrently.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
So this time we are living in before Jesus comes back is this an age?
Quote:
How...I don't understand is this a temporal?
I tend towards a belief that Christ has come, and is coming and will come and that it is not a one time "event", therefore ages are running concurrently.

For instance, I believe that Christ comes (or is "appearing") in each believer throughout their lifetime (Christ comes in "the flesh"), and that Christ comes to gather each of us back to the Father at our deaths. So, each of our lives would constitute an "age" perhaps. As well, there seem to be ages which pertain to the world at large. But, I'm open to correction and input.

(ETA: To clarify a bit, I'm thinking of the "day of" judgment, wrath, redemption, salvation, etc. which are mentioned in Scripture. Each of these things happens over time in any given individual's life, and I would consider them all "ages". )

What are your thoughts on this, Fundy?

Last edited by Pleroo; 02-18-2010 at 04:58 PM..

Old 02-18-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I tend towards a belief that Christ has come, and is coming and will come and that it is not a one time "event", therefore ages are running concurrently.

For instance, I believe that Christ comes (or is "appearing") in each believer throughout their lifetime (Christ comes in "the flesh"), and that Christ comes to gather each of us back to the Father at our deaths. So, each of our lives would constitute an "age" perhaps. As well, there seem to be ages which pertain to the world at large. But, I'm open to correction and input.

What are your thoughts on this, Fundy?
Well you must know I strictly follow scripture and I interpret the bible literally. I believe Jesus came once to this planet (notice I said, Jesus who was born) and at the end of the tribulation period, He will come again to usher in the milliennial kingdom.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Well you must know I strictly follow scripture and I interpret the bible literally. I believe Jesus came once to this planet (notice I said, Jesus who was born) and at the end of the tribulation period, He will come again to usher in the milliennial kingdom.
Yes, I understand that. I was asking more about your thoughts about the ages mentioned in the Bible. What do you believe these ages are and how long do you believe they last?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity