Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in universal salvation?
I believe in universal salvation. 28 71.79%
I DO NOT believe in universal salvation. 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,452,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I do not wear any label except believer, but I do not believe that anyone is going to be cast into fire to suffer the agony of burning for eternity.. I believe we will either have eternal life or eternal death..The thought of being cast away from him is hell to me..It is not my place to say who will be cast off or for what reason.
I believe everyone has love and goodness inside them that is the part of God that is in us all..We are free to accept Him, seek Him out or ignore Him and follow the one who roams the earth..
Great post Miss Blue . . .I also agree with you regarding eternal life, or the second death . . either one will be permanent. I have seen many scriptures that point to that . . . you make so eloquent and profound posts, there is so much wisdom that comes from them, blessings, Lifesigns64
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 PM

8,084 posts, read 6,834,891 times
I am an absolute believer in what God says He's going to do.
That Jesus Christ is the saviour of all mankind.
That He will be ALL in ALL.
And that Every tongue will swear allegiance...
And every knee will bow.
And that His lovely fire is a refiner's fire.
And that He came to save that WHICH WAS LOST.

Why do I believe? Let me tell you, I could WRITE A BOOK full of Why and HOW I feel God led me to finally see this beautiful truth. Unbelievabl amount of skins peeled off of the pages of the bible, and unbelievable amounts of hardened layers peeled off of my heart. The magnificence of God's plan has left me speechless at times, breathless and in utter and complete fear and awe of my most GLORIOUS Creator.

One of the most profound reasons to date for me, is that understanding His plan, His saving grace for all mankind, and His beautiful plan is that NOTHING ELSE BUT the truth of the SALVATION OF ALL can allow the human being, the HEART of a human being to TRULY, UNABASHEDLY follow the two commands that Jesus gave, To LOVE God with all of our heart, mind and soul and to LOVE our neighbor (ALL of CREATION is our neighbor) like ourselves. The heart opens up more and more and more as time goes on and as the beautiful truth SETTLES into your being. It's such a huge revelation, His plan of saving all... that it takes a long time, I believe for it to even settle in. This is where LOVE truly takes root and where LOVE Truly SPROUTS WINGS all at the same time! It is so amazing, there are no words. The love in your heart just keeps growing and growing. While we are still yet human, this DRIVE, this burning Passion filled FLAME burns EVER brighter in your heart. And the push to LOVE LOVE LOVE others and to LOVE God just knocks you out at times. This is a very deep, thoughtful revelation... and if you don't understand what I mean... one day you will. That is a guarantee.

peace.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:23 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,099,207 times
I believe God will save all, but I also don't like the term Universalist because it is easily confused with other religions that teach there are many paths to heaven. I believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven, and since he became the sacrifice for our sins that "It is finished" and God accomplished His will of salvation for all through His Son's death and resurrection.

Speaking of the lake of fire, I think those words are only used 4 times in the Bible - once in Rev. 19 and 3 times in Rev. 20. It's also speaking of the Lamb and I doubt any Christian really believes we'll be attending a lamb's wedding. Revelation is full of symbolism, but many can't see that the lake of fire is symbolism.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,463,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I am an absolute believer in what God says He's going to do.
That Jesus Christ is the saviour of all mankind.
That He will be ALL in ALL.
And that Every tongue will swear allegiance...
And every knee will bow.
And that His lovely fire is a refiner's fire.
And that He came to save that WHICH WAS LOST.

Why do I believe? Let me tell you, I could WRITE A BOOK full of Why and HOW I feel God led me to finally see this beautiful truth. Unbelievabl amount of skins peeled off of the pages of the bible, and unbelievable amounts of hardened layers peeled off of my heart. The magnificence of God's plan has left me speechless at times, breathless and in utter and complete fear and awe of my most GLORIOUS Creator.

One of the most profound reasons to date for me, is that understanding His plan, His saving grace for all mankind, and His beautiful plan is that NOTHING ELSE BUT the truth of the SALVATION OF ALL can allow the human being, the HEART of a human being to TRULY, UNABASHEDLY follow the two commands that Jesus gave, To LOVE God with all of our heart, mind and soul and to LOVE our neighbor (ALL of CREATION is our neighbor) like ourselves. The heart opens up more and more and more as time goes on and as the beautiful truth SETTLES into your being. It's such a huge revelation, His plan of saving all... that it takes a long time, I believe for it to even settle in. This is where LOVE truly takes root and where LOVE Truly SPROUTS WINGS all at the same time! It is so amazing, there are no words. The love in your heart just keeps growing and growing. While we are still yet human, this DRIVE, this burning Passion filled FLAME burns EVER brighter in your heart. And the push to LOVE LOVE LOVE others and to LOVE God just knocks you out at times. This is a very deep, thoughtful revelation... and if you don't understand what I mean... one day you will. That is a guarantee.

peace.
I agree! It is amazing what king of love simply flows through you when you see others as God sees them. Great Post!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,463,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I believe God will save all, but I also don't like the term Universalist because it is easily confused with other religions that teach there are many paths to heaven. I believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven, and since he became the sacrifice for our sins that "It is finished" and God accomplished His will of salvation for all through His Son's death and resurrection.

Speaking of the lake of fire, I think those words are only used 4 times in the Bible - once in Rev. 19 and 3 times in Rev. 20. It's also speaking of the Lamb and I doubt any Christian really believes we'll be attending a lamb's wedding. Revelation is full of symbolism, but many can't see that the lake of fire is symbolism.
Hey... I never thought of that.. Do people believe there will be an actual lamb's wedding? Interesting that the lake of fire is real but the lamb's wedding is symbolic. Thanks for your insight there.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:48 PM

370 posts, read 449,630 times
Well here's what I posted before, just more inconveniently.

I contemplated Universalism for awhile based on a few things I discovered (like the word aionios and such), but these two articles pretty much sealed it for me:

Now go to the WAAAY bottom of this very long page to find the part I'm referring to:

L. Ray Smith - James Kennedy Letter

Or type in THE GOSPEL OF CHRISTENDOM on the find bar for the first one and THE JUSTICE AND FAIRNESS OF HELL for the second.

They aren't very long, you should all read them, though I know posting a link probably cuts the chances of a lot of you doing so.

BTW, this is at the bottom of the site page:
Everyone is welcome to copy the material on this site and freely distribute it to others. You do not need permission from us to do this. All we ask is that you give us credit and do not in any way, CHANGE, PLAGIARIZE or SELL any material from bible-truths.com.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:19 AM

32,884 posts, read 26,100,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post

Jesus Christ is the Lamb, and the wedding is that of the church to Jesus Christ.

Church in Relations to the Marriage

The Bible need say something only once for it to be true.

The lake of fire is described in Matthew 25:41 as the 'eternal fire'.

It is described as the furnace of fire in Matthew 13:40-43 and Matthew 13:49,50 where the wicked (unbelievers) are cast.

By whatever description it is given in a particular passage, it is the final destination for unbelieving humanity.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:19 AM

11,696 posts, read 3,551,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus Christ is the Lamb, and the wedding is that of the church to Jesus Christ.

Church in Relations to the Marriage

The Bible need say something only once for it to be true.

The lake of fire is described in Matthew 25:41 as the 'eternal fire'.

It is described as the furnace of fire in Matthew 13:40-43 and Matthew 13:49,50 where the wicked (unbelievers) are cast.

By whatever description it is given in a particular passage, it is the final destination for unbelieving humanity.

Hmm

I notice you add to the verse unbelievers when it is talking about wicked

It says in 1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
...... only needs to be said once ...... its true!!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:24 AM

11,696 posts, read 3,551,026 times
oh, by the way I am a believer and also don't like to label myself as a "universalist" however I do believe that God will resurrect all .... but each in their own order

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 AM

29 posts, read 52,321 times
Default Count me in

as a Christian Universalist. (I Cor. 15:22 -- For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.)

The reasons for my belief include the hundreds of scriptures legoman cited in the "Scriptures that proved to me Universal Salvation is true" thread, and the arguments presented in this book:

http://hopebeyondhell.net/Revised_Edition.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity