Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 04:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Then you have not followed your book properly. It says not to judge, yet you believe it's okay to judge. Please do not give me a circular argument as you stated beforehand that true Christians should follow the book (aka your god's word), yet you are not able to follow it word for word either.
Le Lune there is something called context-if you don't have the context then your interpretation is wrong furthermore If all judging is wrong then Jesus violates His own words since He judged plenty of times.

Quote:
Finally, just because I'm Chinese, do not mean I am from China. China has a bigger population size than United States, so obviously if there's 1-3% Christians in China, then it would mean more there than those in the US. Also, you failed to realize that the US is a land of immigrants with many different ethnic people and beliefs as well. So there really is nothing to brag about... (pride, yet again).
I am not bragging; I am not an american. I am proud of China, regardless of the population, they still have more than us and it's growing. Glory to God.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your concern

But like I said...I already believe in Hell? Well, technically, Chinese Hell

I am not afraid to die and go to hell at all because I know that I will be reincarnated and will one day meet up with my loved ones again in the next lifetime
I feel the Lord talking to me. I feel drawn to you Le Lune. I know you will. Call out to Him. Prove me wrong.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Really? Read Romans 1 Fundy. You "think" it is talking about homosexuals, but really it is talking about false teachers. Those who CLAIM that title, or think they can, biblically. Like I said, show me the proof. For the WORD says they will.
I did.....it doesn't change anything. it's about the message. A true Christian knows the true message. It is up to us to go behind what the pastor or teacher said is correct. Be like the Beareans

Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Le Lune there is something called context-if you don't have the context then your interpretation is wrong furthermore If all judging is wrong then Jesus violates His own words since He judged plenty of times.
Only God can judge . . . Jesus is God . . . where is the violation, Fundy? See . . . there you go equating yourself with God . . . that can't be a good thing. Be careful, my friend.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:54 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
This is not to start a fight.

Please define True Christianity.

All are welcome.
True Christianity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:54 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Le Lune there is something called context-if you don't have the context then your interpretation is wrong furthermore If all judging is wrong then Jesus violates His own words since He judged plenty of times
Contradictory, ain't it? Your god tells his subjects not to judge, yet he can do so himself. Do as I say and not as I do, correct?

And your god also gave us free will and thought which means that I can interpret things. If I interpret something what you considered wrong, then you can blame your god for it, as he gave it to me.

This shall be my last post as I really need to run (my midterm is coming up and my friend is calling me nonstop to get out the door...), but I hope you can realize that not everyone has the same beliefs as you do and that it's okay if they don't.

Keep your god close to your heart and love everyone all around~

Old 02-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Contradictory, ain't it? Your god tells his subjects not to judge, yet he can do so himself. Do as I say and not as I do, correct?

And your god also gave us free will and thought which means that I can interpret things. If I interpret something what you considered wrong, then you can blame your god for it, as he gave it to me.

This shall be my last post as I really need to run (my midterm is coming up and my friend is calling me nonstop to get out the door...), but I hope you can realize that not everyone has the same beliefs as you do and that it's okay if they don't.

Keep your god close to your heart and love everyone all around~
No offense my friend but if you are going to criticize which you have every right but be accurate in your criticism.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:05 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
the opposite of what i see a lot of christians doing now. esp that idiot pat robertson

Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
the opposite of what i see a lot of christians doing now. esp that idiot pat robertson
based on true biblical teaching or your assumption on what a Christian should be?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
To be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity