Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:47 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Apparently my post has caused some confision and for that I sincerely apologize..
Maybe I can make it a bit clearer..

If you are a follower of Christ, you spread the gospel as He did, you comfort the grieving as He did, you feed the poor as he did, you live humbly as He did, you have no other God except the Father as He did, you pray for your brothers and sisters as He did, you remain silent when persecuted as He did, you overcome temptation as He did, you turn away from foolish arguements as He did, but most of all you love unconditionally as He did..
Thank you. You are very clear and many of us need to focus on such clarity, myself included.

Foolish arguements are big part of our problem. We should focus on the truth and not give false any credible notice in an arguement. But how should we address such instances?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:48 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,566,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If they are born again.
Does one become born again by reading the commandments?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yes, the Bible (word) is the very breath of God....given to us to know Him, love Him, trust Him, honor Him, obey Him and this is the very word that the Holy Spirit will bring to our remembrance to help, teach, lead us in all things in our lives and His word gives us the power to overcome sin, satan and this world.
Thank you, you have made it very clear

Old 02-19-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Thank you. You are very clear and many of us need to focus on such clarity, myself included.
But one needs to note that a member of almost any religion will gladly echo all of that, except for the comment about the preaching of the gospel- and of course the gospel has as many variants as anything. So until we get a definition of the gospel, we are no further forward.

Last edited by shibata; 02-19-2010 at 12:02 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
There is no "True Christianity" ,, defined. The reason I can say this, is that no one has seen the Father, except Him who has ascended and descended. Only by the power of the Holy Spirit is one declared, and even then, the person to whom this anointing comes, does not boast about it.

So bottom line, who knows. All we can ask, is WHO made WHO?

If you are a child of the Most High, then your heart will reflect Him.
If you are a child of the devil, then your heart will reflect him.

When a person is baptized unto the Name of the Son, Jesus Christ, then the assumption is that you put on, not only under His Name, but also His characteristics. A new heart, from that rotten wicked stone heart.

I can declare what my version of True Christianity is, but of course my definition will be different from everyone elses.

Problem is, too many are worrying about the "other guy's" definition, and not staying focused on their own mirrors.

Hense, Jesus said "you will know them by their fruits", and, I add, "not their doctrines".

It is sad most people find themselves in a Romans 7:14-24 war and bypass the entire next chapter, especially 8:9 as it is hard core TRUTH. This is where we need to be, as Christians. The rest of the stuff to get to this point is laid out by Jesus in His ministry.

Either He knows us, or He doesn't. How much we proclaim that we know Him will not matter in that Day.

Be blessed all. Let us keep our eyes on the prize, as the race is far from over.
True very true, there is more to it than a simple definition. It is so complex yet simple.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Does one become born again by reading the commandments?
I don't believe merely reading them can do it, but living them would be an entirely different subject.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
But one needs to note that a member of almost any religion will gladly echo all of that, except for comment about the preaching of the gospel- and of course the gospel has as many variants as anything. So until we get a definition of the gospel, we are no further forward.
Please feel free to share, you have been of great help so far.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I don't believe merely reading them can do it, but living them would be an entirely different subject.
Who has ever done that?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Please feel free to share, you have been of great help so far.
Thank you, though maybe I'll keep quiet for a while.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Who has ever done that?
Very few if any I am sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity