Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN

Yes it is a false gospel, a lie straight from the devil.
Yes, unfortunately this forum which was meant to be about Christianity, has been hijacked by people pushing something else. As you can see 8 out of 10 threads are about universalism, and even the remaining two are saturated by comments relating to it. They can have it. I can't find any serious discussion about Christianity anymore, and that is simply too bad.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, unfortunately this forum which was meant to be about Christianity, has been hijacked by people pushing something else. As you can see 8 out of 10 threads are about universalism, and even the remaining two are saturated by comments relating to it. They can have it. I can't find any serious discussion about Christianity anymore, and that is simply too bad.
Yes it is unfortunate. This is NOT a Christianity Forum. But God can and will still use it for His Glory and the truth will over come all the lies.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Finn

What I do not understand is that threads on universalism are started by those on both sides of the issue - For all of those who say they do not want to discuss it why do you keep replying or starting threads on it or going into threads that have specifically said they do not want to have a debate????

This thread was started to provoke discussion on universal salvation.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN

Yes it is a false gospel, a lie straight from the devil.
Yes the devil wants people to believe that all are saved so they will be nice to them... wait so they will sin... wait... so they will ... Ok now why would the devil want all people to be saved or for someone to think all people will be saved? What part of all people being saved benefits the devil? The devil is an accuser, the adversary. What part of God saving all is of the devil? I don't understand that. If universalism causes one to act badly, I could understand but that is not what I see. I see universalists as caring loving people not as representing the devil... how do you come to that conclusion?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes the devil wants people to believe that all are saved so they will be nice to them... wait so they will sin... wait... so they will ... Ok now why would the devil want all people to be saved or for someone to think all people will be saved? What part of all people being saved benefits the devil? The devil is an accuser, the adversary. What part of God saving all is of the devil? I don't understand that. If universalism causes one to act badly, I could understand but that is not what I see. I see universalists as caring loving people not as representing the devil... how do you come to that conclusion?
It gives people false hope, that is the lie, everyone is not going to be saved, that was the Bible teaches. If all are saved what is the need for Jesus, the devil just loves to confuse people with this.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:54 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
It gives people false hope, that is the lie, everyone is not going to be saved, that was the Bible teaches. If all are saved what is the need for Jesus, the devil just loves to confuse people with this.

Jesus saved all and you say if all are saved what is the need for Jesus? Are you confused or am I?

Jesus is the very reason all are saved. Do you think he gave his life to offer salvation or for the purpose of salvation?

And since when is hope (even false hope) a bad thing? False hope kept many a concentration camp survivor alive during the most grueling of times... you have not explained to me how the devil would effectively use universalism to harm anyone.

If you cannot find a valid reason for universalism to be used by the devil then can you really believe that?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Jesus saved all and you say if all are saved what is the need for Jesus? Are you confused or am I?

Jesus is the very reason all are saved. Do you think he gave his life to offer salvation or for the purpose of salvation?

And since when is hope (even false hope) a bad thing? False hope kept many a concentration camp survivor alive during the most grueling of times... you have not explained to me how the devil would effectively use universalism to harm anyone.

If you cannot find a valid reason for universalism to be used by the devil then can you really believe that?
Jesus came to save all, but all are not going accept the free gift of salvation. All are NOT saved, all are not going ask Him to be their Savior. When the false hope is a lie it's a bad thing, this is eternity we're talking about. People who believe this lie do not feel the need for Jesus, they're going to Heaven anyway so what's the need for Jesus, which is a lie, we all need Jesus, this is how is how the devil is using this lie.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 PM

370 posts, read 452,344 times
What does JESUS IS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD mean to you people?

Say you are strapped to a railroad and a train is coming. I walk to the edge of the tracks and ask if you want me to untie the rope. You say no and get runned over. Am I your savior? NO! I DIDN'T SAVE YOU!

JESUS IS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD MEANS JESUS SAVES THE WORLD.

It is axiomatic!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,387 times
The problem here is most people will ultimately stumble over man's "free will". They think man's free will to NOT be saved surpasses God's will to SAVE THEM. Oh ye of little faith...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,115 times
Quote:
I don't understand this question. I mean that i do not quite understand what you are implying ...

Christ is the savior, whether or not "all" or only "a few" be saved. There is no salvation from the curse of death without Christ. It seems to me that you are implying that the power of Christs work on the cross is less important if it saves all people than it would be if it only saved a few people ...

I believe the contrary to be true, that God in Christ "reconciling all things unto himself" is only a testament of the potency of Christs work. His work is absolute and in fact will reconcile all ... His gift of salvation bought the entire field, even if it was mostly for the treasured pearl that was buried there. God is the savior of all people, especially those that believe.

I wonder to myself how some people believe that the good news of Christ is that most people are forever tormented, unless they are one of the "lucky ones" ... Or one of the "smart ones" ... Or one of the "righteous" and "good ones" ...

To bad if you were born in Iran and were raised Muslim all of your life.

Or India and raised Hindu or maybe Buddhist ...

Yeah, the good news is they can turn or burn right? If they become christian they will be saved but to bad for "grand ma" and "grand dad" ... To bad for all your ancestors before the time of Christ, unless you are Hebrew() ...

The whole Idea of ET is rather negative and fatalistic and dark and literally altogether more horrible than anything anyone could ever even imagine or wish on another person ... The thought alone truly boggles the mind.

The idea that sin and death will destroy far more than God is possibly able or willing to save through Christ is somehow so ... most obviously preposterous ... that i cant really fathom how it has actually held sway over the minds of Christians for so some 1400 years. How it held sway over my mind for so many years ... !

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-22-2010 at 08:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity