Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:59 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,004,884 times

Advertisements

What is the salvation that the Christ spoke of in the New Testament? If one really examines the teaching of Jesus the Christ we see that this salvation he speaks of is not focused on him, the person, of Jesus, but instead it is focused on the Christ. The most common mistake is applying what the Christ is to the person of Jesus himself, meaning, we give to one person that which belongs to all. When it comes to the idea of salvation, Jesus was the pattern in which to follow and the Christ is the goal of this pattern. He was showing to all, during his time, that the old Jewish laws of harsh treatment do not follow through in his teachings, the idea of original sin is not valid.

The goal of Jesus was to establish the Christ in all peoples, to show them what he had accomplished, all can accomplish, and this was the true path toward your own salvation. When Jesus went through his transformation, he was no longer Jesus ben Joseph but instead adopted the mantle of the Christ and from this point forward it was the Christ that was speaking. This Christ belongs to all who will accept it, not in accepting Jesus the person, as the salvation, but in accepting the Christ within ones self, then applying this to ones life, this is the mantle of the Christ and it is this that bring about ones own salvation. Jesus asked for no worship of himself, for he knew that the worship of the flesh was an end road in ones salvation. Instead he ask for his followers to look within themselves, for that is where the kingdom lies. The Christ told his followers, “…if ye keep my words…” “…if ye believe in me…” “…if you follow me…” this doesn’t mean that one must commit to memory the words of the Christ, but instead, by keeping the word you apply it within your life, you become the word, and if you believe in what he was saying, you will follow his pattern. If you truly keep the word of the Christ you can not help but be transformed, it will manifest about you, this is the salvation of which the Christ was speaking. To just accept Jesus an your salvation isn’t enough, you will still be a miserable person, and you will gain nothing.

When one looks at Christianity today we see them worshiping Jesus the person, what they have become is Lovers of the Lamp. What Christianity has done is to give to one man that which belongs to all, and that is the Christ. The Christ is not a person, the Christ is a state of consciousness, it is a way of life, a way of being. It is the same consciousness that has been taught by all the Masters of the past and it does not belong to just one person, it belongs to anyone who will accept it. One does not have to look any further than within to find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 02:10 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,345,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
What is the salvation that the Christ spoke of in the New Testament? If one really examines the teaching of Jesus the Christ we see that this salvation he speaks of is not focused on him, the person, of Jesus, but instead it is focused on the Christ. The most common mistake is applying what the Christ is to the person of Jesus himself, meaning, we give to one person that which belongs to all. When it comes to the idea of salvation, Jesus was the pattern in which to follow and the Christ is the goal of this pattern. He was showing to all, during his time, that the old Jewish laws of harsh treatment do not follow through in his teachings, the idea of original sin is not valid.

The goal of Jesus was to establish the Christ in all peoples, to show them what he had accomplished, all can accomplish, and this was the true path toward your own salvation. When Jesus went through his transformation, he was no longer Jesus ben Joseph but instead adopted the mantle of the Christ and from this point forward it was the Christ that was speaking. This Christ belongs to all who will accept it, not in accepting Jesus the person, as the salvation, but in accepting the Christ within ones self, then applying this to ones life, this is the mantle of the Christ and it is this that bring about ones own salvation. Jesus asked for no worship of himself, for he knew that the worship of the flesh was an end road in ones salvation. Instead he ask for his followers to look within themselves, for that is where the kingdom lies. The Christ told his followers, “…if ye keep my words…” “…if ye believe in me…” “…if you follow me…” this doesn’t mean that one must commit to memory the words of the Christ, but instead, by keeping the word you apply it within your life, you become the word, and if you believe in what he was saying, you will follow his pattern. If you truly keep the word of the Christ you can not help but be transformed, it will manifest about you, this is the salvation of which the Christ was speaking. To just accept Jesus an your salvation isn’t enough, you will still be a miserable person, and you will gain nothing.

When one looks at Christianity today we see them worshiping Jesus the person, what they have become is Lovers of the Lamp. What Christianity has done is to give to one man that which belongs to all, and that is the Christ. The Christ is not a person, the Christ is a state of consciousness, it is a way of life, a way of being. It is the same consciousness that has been taught by all the Masters of the past and it does not belong to just one person, it belongs to anyone who will accept it. One does not have to look any further than within to find it.
As a monotheist, I can't agree with all of this.

However, we may be able to get to the same place, but on different paths

Old 03-06-2010, 02:21 PM

63,856 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
This is a common spiritual error IMO . . . brought about by the disconnect with physical reality that spiritualism seems to have adopted pro forma. Once you realize there has to be an underlying reality and substance to the spiritual conditions the necessity for there to be ONE human consciousness that actually achieved PERFECT "resonance" (IDENTITY) with the consciousness of God becomes obvious. That is when the "person" of Jesus and His importance to establishing that connection to God becomes clear. You are correct in declaiming the worship of Him as an Idol instead of His "way of Life and way of being." That His consciousness (Holy Spirit) is available within us ALL is also correct, in my experience (as a former atheist who encountered it sans any "belief" whatsoever). But since worship is ONLY FOR US anyway . . . it is NOT such a "biggie."

Old 03-06-2010, 04:45 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,730 times
Quote:
what they have become is Lovers of the Lamp.
Well, they can join here:
I Love Lamp! | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204354396 - broken link)

Joking aside, I believe there is a lot of truth in what you say. Be ready to duck though (some may want to stone you).

Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 PM

9,692 posts, read 10,029,011 times
Christ is Holy Spirit, given at Pentecost to enhance the Blessing and Authority and Honor that Jesus gained at the Cross and Resurrection from the dead....... Jesus became the Christ at his baptism at the time when John the Baptist gave water baptized Jesus and Holy Spirit came down like dove and annoited him. Christ...... Christ is a person of the trinity, but the Glory goes to Lord Jesus after the Cross..... Jesus Christ assended to Heaven and went to the Lord Father in Heaven and became one God With the Father Son and Holy Spirit......... The Lord Spirit came to the earth and is the Lord presence in the earth through the Children of God who is Christ and Christians are Jesus Spirit or Holy Spirit teaching and cleaning and helping the numbers of Christians grow for the Lord`s Gift of Reconcilliation ...... See Christ is more than a state of conscienceness, and a way of life and being , but a person of the Holy Spirit is a living being without Holy Spirit there is no salvation in the earth because Holy Spirit is the deliverer of the Annointing on Christians from Heaven and If a believer pushes Him away than his sins will not be redeemed and he will be lost to the Lord God........ So repent, be baptised in water, pray the Jesus as Lord and command his Holy Spirit come to you. in Jesus name

Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,444,013 times
Quote:

You said: "If one really examines the teaching of Jesus the Christ we see that this salvation he speaks of is not focused on him, the person, of Jesus, but instead it is focused on the Christ".

I Ask: What is this consciousness...you speak of? This "different" view? Something's wrong with the old one? The ONLY one? Isn't JESUS....... THE CHRIST? Is He not still the same? Today? Yesterday, forever? Why a "new" or "different" view, so late in the hour?

Old 03-06-2010, 07:08 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,869,447 times
Quote:
You are preaching another gospel; one that the world can receive. What Jesus Christ taught cannot have been taught before because it is a New Covenant that God has made to supercede the Old Covenant which vanishes away.

1 Corinthians 1:17For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 3:18Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

One can see clearly by His grace that Jesus will be worshipped and glorified in Heaven as there will be no other name up there with Him.

Revelation 5: 11And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. 13And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

So it is best to stick with the scriptures for all those that believe in Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2: 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 1: 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.....10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Looking within is not the way of life. All invitations has been given by Jesus to come to Him for that life and thereby getting to know Him and God the Father as we would be entering into that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Having that personal relationship with Him comes with a promise:

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Nothing was taught like this nor has there been any resurrection before Christ's that gave this assurance of salvation found only in Him.

But what you are saying is of the world and many will go in thereat by which Jesus will say, "I know ye not... depart from me ye that work iniquity."

To avoid that is to know that Jesus is the Christ. We do not become the christs by following some new age format of looking within: we become His as promised by believing in Jesus Christ for eternal life.

Colossians 1: 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:13 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,535,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Well, they can join here:
I Love Lamp! | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204354396 - broken link)

Joking aside, I believe there is a lot of truth in what you say. Be ready to duck though (some may want to stone you).
LOL I was thinking the same thing.... new or other points of view are not received well here... IMO

Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
You are preaching another gospel; one that the world can receive. What Jesus Christ taught cannot have been taught before because it is a New Covenant that God has made to supercede the Old Covenant which vanishes away.

1 Corinthians 1:17For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 3:18Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

One can see clearly by His grace that Jesus will be worshipped and glorified in Heaven as there will be no other name up there with Him.

Revelation 5: 11And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. 13And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

So it is best to stick with the scriptures for all those that believe in Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2: 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 1: 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.....10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Looking within is not the way of life. All invitations has been given by Jesus to come to Him for that life and thereby getting to know Him and God the Father as we would be entering into that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Having that personal relationship with Him comes with a promise:

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Nothing was taught like this nor has there been any resurrection before Christ's that gave this assurance of salvation found only in Him.

But what you are saying is of the world and many will go in thereat by which Jesus will say, "I know ye not... depart from me ye that work iniquity."

To avoid that is to know that Jesus is the Christ. We do not become the christs by following some new age format of looking within: we become His as promised by believing in Jesus Christ for eternal life.

Colossians 1: 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. John 4:23

Bless you.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
LOL I was thinking the same thing.... new or other points of view are not received well here... IMO

No stoning friend, just Truths according to the Bible. That's it, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity