Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:59 AM

696 posts, read 913,684 times

Advertisements

Last night I was reading a book on Evangelism. I found a short story by pro-life activist Penny Lea. Some may have heard this story and some may not. While this story is given to be against abortion it speaks volumes to everything else that is sin and is now accepted by many who call themselves Christians. If you think this story is false I encourage you to Goggle this story and research it before you condemn it. Below is a link.

SING A LITTLE LOUDER

Here after a speech an old man approaches Penny Lea.

I lived in Germany during the Nazi holocaust. I considered myself a Christian. I attended church since I was a small boy. We had heard the stories of what was happening to the Jews, but like most people today in this country, we tried to distance ourselves from the reality of what was really taking place. What could anyone do to stop it?

A railroad track ran behind our small church, and each Sunday morning we would hear the whistle from a distance and then the clacking of the wheels moving over the track. We became disturbed when one Sunday we noticed cries coming from the train passing by. We grimly realized that the train was carrying Jews. They were like cattle in those cars!

Week after week that train whistle would blow. We would dread to hear the sound of those old wheels because we knew that the Jews would begin to cry out to us as they passed our church. It was so terribly disturbing! We could do nothing to help these poor miserable people, yet their screams tormented us. We knew exactly at what time that whistle would blow, and we decided the only way to keep from being so distrurbed by the cries was to start singing our hymns. By the time that train came rumbling past the church yard, we were singing at the top of our voices. If some of the screams reached our ears, we'd just sing louder until we could hear them no more. Years have passed and no one talks about it much anymore, but I still hear that train whistle in my sleep. I can still hear them crying out for help. God forgive all of us who called ourselves Christians, yet did nothing to intervene.

Now so many years later, I see it happening all over again in America. God forgive you as Americans for you have blocked out the screams of millions of your own children. The holocaust is here. The response is the same as it was in my country--- Silence!

Now I agree this is from an abortion speaker. Christians you know abortion is a sin. Below is a link with the stories of abortion survivers. Gianna Jensen stands out as a miracle. Read her story!

Abortion Survivors

But how many other sins roam amongst us? What have we allowed to be placed under the cross of our Christ? Adultery, Fornications, Theft, Lies, False Teachings, Cursing, Lusting, Murder..................
THESE ALL LEAD TO DESTRUCTION!!!!

1 Peter 2:1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.

Christ Jesus came and died for our sins. Does this mean we can continue to sin? Does this mean we can love sin? We must cast it off. Can we do so by our own power? NO!!!!! If you have tried and failed you know this. When faced with sin pray to Jesus! When faced with temptation pray to Jesus! When mocked for believeing the truth of scripture pray to Jesus! And if you dont have Jesus....

GET HIM NOW!!!! NOT AFTER DINNER, NOT TOMORROW, AND CERTAINLY NOT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!!

If you need help knowing him here is a link. BUT USE A BIBLE AS YOU STUDY IT! PRAY TO GOD FOR HIS TRUTH IN CHRIST JESUS WHO WILL SEND THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU IF YOU BELIEVE!!!

Got Jesus?

This is the way to eternity. It is the first step on a long path! Here are some of the ways one can not get to eternity!

17 Ways No-one Will Go to Heaven

Christians the time is drawing to a close. Reach out to the lost. Pray for them, but more importantly witness to them. However, one must always remember even when not witnessing, how we act in even the slightest manner is a witness of Christ, this is the truth of sin below.

If you get a complimentary cup at McDonalds for water, but choose soda instead you are a THIEF!!!!!!

How small that act may seem, but how large is the sin we do in the eyes of our God believing Christians. I am guilty, you are guilty, and I assure you Unbeliever as well..... YOU ARE GUILTY!!!

Take heart and know the truth.....

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Christians I pray that even one here will be revealed His truth. There is always one searching while the rain yet falls. Even the lowest of us can be a witness for Christ. In humility brothers and sisters of Christ I exhort you to stand fast for the truth of the Lord. He will not fail you!!!!!

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,825,373 times
This is most excellent every Christian and non believer needs to read this.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
This is most excellent every Christian and non believer needs to read this.
Nice to see you still around sir. I have been around but studies have intensified and I am a bit behind so I am in catch up mode.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Nice to see you still around sir. I have been around but studies have intensified and I am a bit behind so I am in catch up mode.
I am lurking from time to time. I had an allergic reaction to my meds but I am getting better

The intensity can be pretty overwelming but you do learn alot about others in those intence moments.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,679,420 times
Amen, Great post..... Aschultz !!
I truly enjoy reading your post and this one you can hear the cry of our God's heart reaching out to all !

God has given one such a soft tender heart, spoken so kindly to make known the will of our God !!

Psalm 126:6
He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.

Blessings.....

Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I am lurking from time to time. I had an allergic reaction to my meds but I am getting better

The intensity can be pretty overwelming but you do learn alot about others in those intence moments.
Hope all is better and you are in health. Keep spreading the word, the hour grows late.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen, Great post..... Aschultz !!
I truly enjoy reading your post and this one you can hear the cry of our God's heart reaching out to all !

God has given one such a soft tender heart, spoken so kindly to make known the will of our God !!

Psalm 126:6
He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.

Blessings.....
People do not know how badly I want them to hear the truth of scripture. As soiled as my life has been and is at times, he redeems me.

Last night my son was reading his Bible and asking solid questions. It appears that perhaps in his young life what I should have been may turn out to what he will be, a strong Christian! It is always a blessing to hear from you!

Old 03-03-2010, 01:33 PM

What of someone who witnesses a non Christian sin and to be a true Christian points out the sin in love?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,506,177 times
Quote:
What of someone who witnesses a non Christian sin and to be a true Christian points out the sin in love?
What business is it of yours to point out sin? Can you also throw the first stone?
John 8
3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”
11“No one, sir,” she said.
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

The Pharisees pointed out her "non-christian" sin and Jesus saved her with love not condemnation. So why would you do that if it is truly done in love?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
What business is it of yours to point out sin? Can you also throw the first stone?
John 8
3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”
11“No one, sir,” she said.

The Pharisees pointed out her "non-christian" sin and Jesus saved her with love not condemnation. So why would you do that if it is truly done in love?
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

You just answered your own question with the above quote.

Why would a Christian want a non believer to be condemned by their own ignorance? That doesnt sound much like love but hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity