Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM

768 posts, read 1,087,909 times

Advertisements

YouTube - The Doctrine of Hell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 04:10 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,173 times
The BBC alone justifies hell.

Though why anyone who reads religious threads has any doubts, I don't know.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
The irony is that he proved the existence of hell in what he read. It is inconceivable that man could have come up with such a doctrine ergo man didn't.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 03-04-2010 at 04:31 PM..

Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 PM

370 posts, read 452,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The irony is that he proved the existence of hell in what he read. It is inconceivable that man could have come up with such a doctrine ergo man didn't.
Ergo, demons did. That's what he said in the video anyway.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:16 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How inconceivable is it.. you believe this inconceivably vile doctrine. Obviously you didn't make it up right? you just choose to believe it.. who is worse the one who started it or you who upholds it? Either way it is a vile concept and a hideous doctrine...

Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 AM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How inconceivable is it.. you believe this inconceivably vile doctrine. Obviously you didn't make it up right? you just choose to believe it.. who is worse the one who started it or you who upholds it? Either way it is a vile concept and a hideous doctrine...
And it is a perfect way to detect who truly knows our God and who has been deceived into believing evil is good.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:06 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,273 times
The Bible says heaven and hell exsist. The question is do you believe in God's word?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Hell does exist and is the place were the devil and demons and fallen angels are keep, and peoples spirit who have rejected the Lord God through Jesus Spirit. are keep.......... If people do not believe in the devil or demons than that is an evil spirit manipulating their thoughts, and that person must be cleaned of that evil spirit by rejecting that idea without Jesus Spirit or by the power of the Holy Spirit who will remove that evil spirit of lies......The abyss or Hell are the same place, the abyss is also called the bottomless pit........ The Lord Jesus gave me a vision of the gates to the abyss, .. it a Mammouth building of Rock,... looks like a large building type from the cartoon from the 1960s The Flintstones type building or the mammouth type architecture of the Stonehendge of Englands pre-history....... An Angel of the Lord God brought this vision and told me that it is the place were we put evil spirits to get rid of them so they can not come back and bother people........ Hell or the abyss exists and people may or may not believe that, but turn to Jesus and he has a plan for people were they will not go there.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:36 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,819 times
Quote:
It is inconceivable that man could have come up with such a doctrine ergo man didn't.
do you believe that little children, babies, go to hell? - I can remember that you do not.

As far as I know both Augustine (for sure) and Calvin (propaply) taught that babies go to hell.

Do we find this in scripture that babies go to hell? - I suppose no, you don't believe it either. Would that not mean that men came up with the doctrine that babies go to hell?

If men invented that babies go to hell, why should they have not invented that adults go to hell?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM

352 posts, read 552,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
do you believe that little children, babies, go to hell? - I can remember that you do not.

As far as I know both Augustine (for sure) and Calvin (propaply) taught that babies go to hell.

Do we find this in scripture that babies go to hell? - I suppose no, you don't believe it either. Would that not mean that men came up with the doctrine that babies go to hell?

If men invented that babies go to hell, why should they have not invented that adults go to hell?
Simply because there is evidence that a hell does exist; whether or not babies go there is merely conjecture at this point. Best example: the book of Revelations ends with Christ separating the sheep from the goats (those not found in the Lamb's book of life). Those who were found in the book go to be with God in heaven; those who weren't were cast down into Hades. Not too long after this event, the book ends. Do those who weren't in the Lamb's book go to heaven eventually? There seems to be no indication whatsoever in the most important book of the Bible regarding apocalyptic prophecy and what will happen to all when our world ends. As far as the book goes, it would seem that those people remain down there since there is no later indication that God is bringing them out. Just from looking at Revelations alone, it is understandable that a hell does exist; it is quite real. Whether or not babies go there I don't know, but I seriously doubt. However, the likelyhood that hell was invented doesn't seem apparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity