Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
This isn't a Christianity site, this is a general site that has a Christian forum. Huge difference.
Hmm,, yes I know that, however it is the christianity sub-forum, and while I acknowledge that there are those posting here who think that it is their patch and anyone who does not agree with their particular interpretations of scripture should go away .... all I was trying to say is that if you get 2 groups who do not agree and are opposed to each other both parties are responsible to how the treat the other party.

I could be wrong but there is the possiblility that the reason for the initial post was to get a reaction to vent his anger at feeling judged by fundamentalist christians.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:52 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icstitch View Post
First off, gays will not be going to hell. God made us the way we are and you cant change that although you probally wont us to stop being gay.
All sinners go to hell, and being gay will not protect you. Why should it?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 AM

134 posts, read 123,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
One may have a desire for the same sex, but he/she must refrain from practicing homosexuality because God said so. People have desires to steal, cheat, lie, gossip, commit adultery and all kinds of other sins, but that gives them no right to sin because of the desire. If you really love God, you will keep His commandments.

1 John 3
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Great post,as I agree

Old 03-15-2010, 10:05 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
First off, gays will not be going to hell. God made us the way we are and you cant change that although you probally wont us to stop being gay.

Second, Saying gays should not get married because it says things in the bible about gays is totally wrong. Let me clarify this with you, church and state should never be put together!

Last, If you think gays should go to hell let me know ill get you a ticket to go with me

When it comes to behavior, a loving Gay couple who commits and spends their life together is no more sinful than a heterosexual couple.

However, the most common problem is ignoring that promiscuous non caring sexual behavior from any orientation is not a cause of many problems. If you can distinguish the difference in that regaurd, you still will not get agreement from everyone, but you will go a long way to seeing scriptural truth.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,068,666 times
Quote:
One may have a desire for the same sex, but he/she must refrain from practicing homosexuality because God said so.
I'm pretty sure you can't "practice" being a homosexual. You either is.. or you isn't <-- imperfect English cause I felt like it.

But just for giggles..

When did you start practicing heterosexuality?

What were you before you started practicing it?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 AM

791 posts, read 1,433,554 times
Quote:
I judge no one; God is the judge. I do, however, warn all sinners, not just homosexuals, that hell awaits them if they don't turn from all sin.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:13

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. - 1 John 3:8

Jesus forgave a woman taken in adultrey; He told her: Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. - John 8:11
What sin? Taking the Lord's name in vain? Stealing a candy bar? Homosexuality is a pretty minor offense, relative to some of the things that go on.

From your point of view, I think I might find better company in hell. Your "god" is not my God.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:01 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
What sin? Taking the Lord's name in vain? Stealing a candy bar? Homosexuality is a pretty minor offense, relative to some of the things that go on.

From your point of view, I think I might find better company in hell. Your "god" is not my God.
If you die lost in sin, whether it's homosexuality or any other sin, you will go there. You can make light of hell now, but it's nothing but torment -- and it's for eternity. No love, no goodness, no peace, no flowers, no trees, no blue skies.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. - Revelation 21:8

Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
All sinners go to hell, and being gay will not protect you. Why should it?
All sinners die

Old 03-15-2010, 12:50 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Quote:

Second, Saying gays should not get married because it says things in the bible about gays is totally wrong. Let me clarify this with you, church and state should never be put together!

Last, If you think gays should go to hell let me know ill get you a ticket to go with me
icstitch, God loves you! You are sooo loved. And God is fond of you.

There are other things such as greediness which are offensive.

Do you believe God that Christ died for our sins? I'm not asking you if you can theologically understand such a statement. But can you just take God at His word and believe Him when He says all our sins have been died for by His Son?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:59 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
All sinners die
Every believer dies too. Unless they get raptured first of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity