Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times

Advertisements

isstitch,

I feel for your pain and those that are hurting you are in the wrong - if they profess to be christians and then hurt you for what ever reason, they are not following Jesus teachings.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:27 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
You made the commitment to your husband and when you break that commitment ---- that is the sin.
Yes,that is my point.God looks at the behavior,as He states...not whether someone claims to be born a certain way,so as to be able to provide a convenient excuse.
Not attracted to the opposite sex? then don't have sex,because God has clearly stated that sex outside of marriage,gay or not,is a sin.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You could claim that you are a born sex addict and can't help it, and I am sure that's what Tiger Woods is saying, but no, it doesn't cut it. We are all born sinners with a weakness for one sin or another, but we need to stay strong and resist the urges.
absolutely.that is my point.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 PM

icstitch, while I do not know you,I care enough about you to tell you the truth..I'm not going to sit here and tell you what you want to hear,just because you want to hear it.
And I don't hate gay ppl,as I said,I am a huge Elton John fan,and it is a shame that unless he changes his ways,that we will not be hearing his beautiful voice in heaven,because he certainly was given the gift of song by our Creator...and quite an awesome one at that!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Yes,that is my point.God looks at the behavior,as He states...not whether someone claims to be born a certain way,so as to be able to provide a convenient excuse.
Not attracted to the opposite sex? then don't have sex,because God has clearly stated that sex outside of marriage,gay or not,is a sin.
God looks at the heart.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icstitch View Post
But how do we truthfully know that we are going to heaven and not anywhere else or even when we die we just die...? Any comment on that would be greatly appreciated!
If you are in doubt, the Bible says to examine yourself. It is not hard.

Here is a great site How do you know that you are saved? « Real Christianity

Homosexuality is not an unforgiveable sin. All you gotta do is ask.

And here is a great sermon jam about examining yourself. You should watch it.

YouTube - Examine Yourself 4 Minute Compilation by Paul Washer

Old 03-15-2010, 01:47 PM

203 posts, read 322,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are in doubt, the Bible says to examine yourself. It is not hard.

Here is a great site How do you know that you are saved? « Real Christianity

Homosexuality is not an unforgiveable sin. All you gotta do is ask.

And here is a great sermon jam about examining yourself. You should watch it.

YouTube - Examine Yourself 4 Minute Compilation by Paul Washer
Just thought to myself about your comment before this one, you said "Why do gays even ask about this subject when they always try to tell the christian that they are ignorant...". First of all, I never did that. Second of all, If I was to say that I would say it and write a long letter. Last, You should read the title before replying!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:10 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icstitch View Post
First off, gays will not be going to hell. God made us the way we are and you cant change that although you probally wont us to stop being gay.

Second, Saying gays should not get married because it says things in the bible about gays is totally wrong. Let me clarify this with you, church and state should never be put together!

Last, If you think gays should go to hell let me know ill get you a ticket to go with me
Our material bodies are made for this life only. Whether or not you are gay is a human condition. God sees the heart not the material body. God loves us no matter what. Only humans put conditions on things. The soul doesn't know sexuality, and sex is only determined with incarnation. Sexuality is merely a material function, and it doesn't have anything to do with spirituality. In the spirit world, the spirit bodies don't even have sexual organs. All kinds of love has nothing to do with sexuality.

Homosexuality is a behavior, which develops in certain part of the population by a process of sexual fixation that one may observe in all social classes, in all societies, even in the animal kingdom. It is an inclination that doesn't constitute the norm, because only a minority is affected, but it is not unnatural and can be practiced in harmony with God's laws, in the same way as heterosexuality.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM

203 posts, read 322,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Our material bodies are made for this life only. Whether or not you are gay is a human condition. God sees the heart not the material body. God loves us no matter what. Only humans put conditions on things. The soul doesn't know sexuality, and sex is only determined with incarnation. Sexuality is merely a material function, and it doesn't have anything to do with spirituality. In the spirit world, the spirit bodies don't even have sexual organs. All kinds of love has nothing to do with sexuality.

Homosexuality is a behavior, which develops in certain part of the population by a process of sexual fixation that one may observe in all social classes, in all societies, even in the animal kingdom. It is an inclination that doesn't constitute the norm, because only a minority is affected, but it is not unnatural and can be practiced in harmony with God's laws, in the same way as heterosexuality.
So are you saying we can change? or is it normal?

Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

Exceptionally insightful and accurate explanation of a poorly understood phenomenon, Reverend. Far too many of us simply cannot overcome our CARNAL focus on scripture and see the SPIRITUAL concerns of God . . . NOT the carnal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.