Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Being an Amilleniumist, the rapture is part of the Last Day; when with a loud command all the dead (those in Christ and those condemned) will rise and join up with those living in the air to meet the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 The believers (on his right) will be with the Lord for ever, the unbelievers (those on his left) will be damned for ever.
And since the Bible says that every "ever" ends, the evers cannot be eternal. So it is true after all that God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all (1Tim.2:4-6).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 06:40 PM

370 posts, read 452,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Let's step through every verse where "meet" is used and see if it means to "return to where one came from."

(Mat 8:28) And at His coming to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, two demoniacs meet Him, who were coming out of the tombs, very ferocious, so that no one is strong enough to be passing by through that road."

So does Jesus have to return and remain for ever in the country of the Gergesenes? No.

(Mat 8:34) And lo! the entire city came out to meet with Jesus, and, perceiving Him, they entreat that He may be proceeding from their boundaries."

So is the Lord supposed to go into their city, a city He did not come from? No. They told Him to leave.

(Mat 25:1) Then likened shall be the kingdom of the heavens to ten virgins, who getting their torches, came out to meet the bridegroom."
(Mat 25:6) Now in the middle of the night a clamor occurs: 'Lo! the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

(Luk 14:31) Or what king, going to engage another king in battle, will not, being seated, first plan to see if he is able to meet, with ten thousand, him who is coming against him with twenty thousand?

Does the king have to meet the opposing king in battle and must that opposing king, since he is meeting this king, must he go to the opposers city? No.

(Luk 17:12) And, at His entering into a certain village, ten men, lepers, meet Him, who stand ahead."

Must these ten lepers return with Jesus to a certain village? No. Or must they travel to Bethlehem where Jesus originated His birth? No.

(Luk 22:10) Now He said to them, "Lo! at your entering into the city a man will meet with you, bearing a jar of water. Follow him into the house which he is entering."

Must the man that meets Jesus' disciples go to each village from which each disciple comes from? No.

(Joh 4:51) Now as he is already descending, his slaves meet him, and they report, saying that his boy is living."

(Joh 12:13) got fronds of palms and came out to meet Him. And they clamored, saying, "Hosanna! Blessed is He Who is coming in the name of the Lord!and "The King of Israel!"

Sure, Jesus met them and went into the city of which they met Him. But just because He did it here it does not mean He must go to every city of a person who met Him in his ministry.

(Act 28:15) And thence the brethren, hearing about us, come to meet us as far as Appii Forum and Three Taverns, perceiving whom, Paul, thanking God, took courage."

Did Paul have to go to each town of the people He met? No.

(1Th 4:17) Thereupon we, the living who are surviving, shall at the same time be snatched away together with them in clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And thus shall we always be together with the Lord."

The Lord does not meet us ON THE EARTH so He is not bound to have to continue on to the surface of the earth. He came out of light inaccessable and must return.
Ah, see that's where you became confused. This particular word translated 'meet' only occurs three times and in each case, that is what it means. Please read my original post again on the subject as you have horribly missed everything that I said about that word.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:27 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/epistles1.htm

copy/paste

Last edited by ans57; 03-21-2010 at 12:47 AM..

Old 03-21-2010, 05:49 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
In Matthew 24:14-27.....``the gospel of thes Kingdom will be preached in all the world for the witness unto all nations and then will be the end come.........We will see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet STAND IN THE HOLY PLACES.......who is in Judea free to the mountains .thoughs on the housetops do not come down....... Thoughs in the field don`t run home for your clothes......for then shall the great tribulation , such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no nor ever shall be......false Christs and prophets shall decieve the very elect.....many will say Christ is coming he is over there or over here do not believe that......... For as the lightning cometh out of the easter, and shineth even unto the west, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.......... So where`s the rapture here? ......... Well it is in verse 15.... Stand in the Holy place.......... where the Spirit of God can find you and take you to the rapture...... this is not for the Israel only but for a fourth part of the earth from Revelations 6:8 .......`` The pale horse and his name was death and hell followed with him and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth to kill with sword and with hunger and with death and with the beasts of the earth``...............As a witness of the kingdoms of light and darkness, I have seen this pale horse with driver in the spirit, came to me one morning before dawn and it just stood there, so I rebuked it in Jesus name........ that very day came the news that my sisters mother-in law had passed away unexpected, so I was called go to the funeral,,,,,,, Jesus Holy Spirit said that that pale horse and rider was a spiritual wickeness of the high places or a fallen angel....... So where the rapture in the bible, it all over if you are not a nay sayer...........

Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Your link doesn't work but I checked it out........what a bunch of heretical nonsense.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:35 AM

Where's the Rapture, you ask?

It's on it's way, full Godspeed ahead. Don't you worry, the world will be rid of Christians before you know it. Oh woe unto the unbelievers.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Where's the Rapture, you ask?

It's on it's way, full Godspeed ahead. Don't you worry, the world will be rid of Christians before you know it. Oh woe unto the unbelievers.
You REALLY need this to happen, huh Ilene?

Old 03-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
You REALLY need this to happen, huh Ilene?
Actually no, I don't "need" it to happen.....I'm fine with suffering through whatever happens in the upcoming tribulation. I just KNOW it WILL happen, and soon.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:05 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Actually no, I don't "need" it to happen.....I'm fine with suffering through whatever happens in the upcoming tribulation. I just KNOW it WILL happen, and soon.
I thought you were a pre-tribber. Your theological interpretation states that you won't be around while the unbelievers suffer in the tribulation, right?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I thought you were a pre-tribber. Your theological interpretation states that you won't be around while the unbelievers suffer in the tribulation, right?
Right, I am a pre-tribber. I was referring to you saying I had a "need" for the Rapture to happen.....I'm saying it's a knowledge, not a need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity