U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:11 PM

5,556 posts, read 7,221,424 times

Advertisements

In the book of Acts, Peter the Disciple gives a sermon that appears to reflect the EARLIEST Christian view of Jesus. He says in Acts 2:36:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Later in the same book (Acts 13:32-33), Paul has this to say:

And we declare to you glad tidings—that promise which was made to the fathers. God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm:

‘ You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.’

Note that the "raised up" refers to Jesus' alleged resurrection mentioned in verse 30. To the early Christians, Jesus becomes the "son of God" after the resurrection. Before that he was a mere man that God empowered to do great things who was killed by the religious leaders in his prime. God thus, vindicates him by raising him from the dead and then giving him an elevated title - son of God.

Did the early Christians stop there with the passing of time? No. It was an easy leap from there to believe that Jesus must have been the son of God even earlier than that. For those, the belief was that Jesus became the son of God at his baptism. Not surprisingly, the Gospel of Mark, the first Gospel reflect this. In Mark 1:11 at Jesus' baptism, God thunders down the confirmation that Jesus is his son. Here, it does not mean that a "son" in a father participating in a sexual act to bring about a son. "Son," in biblical terms can mean a variety of things, simply one chosen by God to do his will on earth as a type of intermediary. Outside of this, the book of Mark gives no idea that Jesus is more than just a special man, chosen of God at the start of his ministry to be his agent (anointed messiah/son) on earth. There is no Virgin birth or Christmas story involved or needed and so Mark begins with Jesus as an adult when he is officially anointed as son of God.

The progression moves from there when we get to the later Gospel of Luke, for example. Here Jesus is the son of God at his birth. Luke then goes on to provide an explanation as to how this was possible and the explanation is found in the oft disputed and incredulous story of the "Virgin birth." Jesus comes into existence AT his special birth when the Holy Spirit of God impregnates Mary.

By the time the Gospel of John rolls around years after the appearance of Mark's Gospel, Jesus is regarded as more than just a mere man who is chosen by God to do his bidding. His has no genesis and has always been with God and frankly, is God himself by extrapolation. He THEN comes into the world AS God in human flesh even though John does not tell us how. We are left to assume John is working with the understood version that he was born of a virgin, but actually existed in eternity past.

This view became the standard within later [official] Christianity. Jesus was the preexistent Word of God who became flesh. As we have seen, however, this was apparently not the original view held by the early Christians. The divinity of Jesus was a later Christian invention found only in one Gospel, John.

Your thoughts and questions are welcomed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 12:54 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,636,306 times
For myself, ONLY, as I do not know who holds these beliefs also, nor do I really care who does and who doesn't. I just read the Word, and let God, the Word, do the interpretation of what it is He is trying to relate to me.

I understand exactly in what you are asking, as I traveled down this road.

It boiled down to this. Who, and what was Jesus Christ, from the time of His birth, to the resurrection done by the Father. And from John's perspective, from eternity past, at the beginning.

This led me down a variety of roads. From doubting the virgin birth, to doubting even the Gospels themselves. I believe the Word wanted me to see what this doubt was, and face it head on. From these doubts, this is what I know understand, although surely I do not expect anyone to agree with them, unless they have been down the same road.

We are PROMISED that if we seek the Him, we would be given understanding. As long as the seeking is done out of a benevolent love for the Father, and the Son. But the first being the Father, as God Almighty, Creator of all, and Him alone we worship.

Ok.

I agree with the virgin birth, although I have no idea how the Holy Spirit completed this task. Did He use Joseph's seed, or was it a complete making and forming, not unlike what happened to Adam. All I know, is I have faith it did happen. From Paul's writings talking of Jesus as the second Adam, it would seem to be a forming, or making in the womb. Probably the reason being is that a womb was available, and that dirt was't needed. Also thereby fulfilling the prophesies of Abraham, Moses, and David, along with countless others.

I agree that even IF Jesus was not a complete human being, made from the seed of man, such as we are, then He still could have sinned. Which makes Him just as much a man as we are human. He went through all of the same temptations as we do. He just never left the love that was entrenched into His being from His Father. And it iis only when we leave this love, that sin creeps in through temptations.

I believe the Holy Spirit entered into Him upon His baptism. It was a naming of a King. He didn't NEED baptizing, as He was perfect, and if you remember, John said baptizing was FOR repentance of sin, and entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven, for it was at hand. Jesus didn't need to repent, thereby God announced Him as His beloved Son, and was well pleased. Not just pleased, but WELL PLEASED.

But, even after the baptism, Jesus although being named King, still lacked the throne. There was still a ministry to do, and the work of the Father. The miracles I believe in, although many of them relate to a deeper Spiritual message, and are not only for the literal reading. Everything Jesus did was FOR something, and to tell us something. Even these thousands of years later, as the miracles are read that Moses did, the same applies.

When we read John, which is BY FAR the hardest book to take a literal stance on, we rely HEAVILY on the Spirit for guidence. IOW, did Jesus the man exist in the beginning? Did Jesus the man create everything? Did Jesus the man exist at all prior to His Birth?

Well, did you? This is what I would ask anyone. Give me the understanding to that one, and I'll bite. I believe Jesus did NOT exist prior to His birth, as a man. I believe His spirit as well as ALL of our spirits existed since creation. Why? Because God created everything,,,then. He is not creating anything anymore. He has rested. Done. Finished.

But, the Christ Spirit(Word) is a different matter altogether. This is what Jesus the man received. The anointing of the fullness of the Father. When did this happen is up to debate. I believe it was at the baptism, but some believe it happened at birth. Still, others believe it always was this way, and negates all temptations and places Jesus co-equal to the Father from infinity. It says in John 1 "the Word". Well, what did Jesus say? He said the Word which you hear is the Father's Word, which makes perfect sense. If He was co-equal, it would have been His Word as well, and He would have stated as such. Even the miracles He attributed to the Father. So,,,who do we believe? Him or man?

Now, concerning the resurrection. I personally believe it was ALL the Father who resurrected Him. This was the CROWNING. He defeated death, He defeated the enemies, and it was time to SIT at the right hand of the Father. IOW, to Sit on the Throne, as King.

I attribute this understanding to The Revelation as well as John and 1st John. And although the books are in debate, after what I have learned, it makes sense as to WHY they would be in debate. Read 1st John chapter 5, especially verse 1-5. Read in the KJV and then the NASB. Both are two different versions, and personally, I prefer the NASB. There are 3 that testify. The blood(Jesus-born of a virgin woman and died to redeem mankind), the water(Baptism=announcment of the Son) and the Spirit(Christ-indwelling of the Father). All 3 are from the Father, and all 3 are in agreement. Jesus IS the One. The can be no denying this fact.

Even if there are speculations concening the theology or doctrine, there can be no denying the fact that the fulfillment of so many prophesies being completed by any one person would boggle the minds of most math majors.

But, like I said. This is my interpretations only, and since I have sought this Truth as promised by Jesus, it is His to change as He sees fit.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:38 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,115,658 times
InsaneInDaMembrane, Hi

In order to understand the son-ship of God in Jesus, we need to see the need for the coming of Jesus as the Son of God.

A designed flaw was made with the first son of God Adam as n this verse:
Jer 18:4And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make [it].

And then again, of the same lump was made another vessel, the second type, of Adam, Jesus.

The difference between the two was, one (The first Adam)was made as a creation of the physical, (Marred) while the second Adam, seemed good (perfect).

The first creation is stated as such: 1Cr 15:45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

And, Rom 5:19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

In that verse we also see the first Adam and the second, one disobedience, the other obedience.

Note that no human being apart from God could in the flesh be obedient to the point of meeting the standards of God's righteousness, save God Himself.

Hence, the son of man was also the the of God as a new creation in Jesus at the resurrection.

New creation at the resurrection, but the Son of God at birth of Mary, and announced Son of God for the purpose of " who taketh the sin of the world away" at the Baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist.

Jhn 1:29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

You see, except God do the work as a man, in Jesus, as the vessel that seemed good unto the potter, the first could not be saved.

Based on that, Jesus was believed and understood as being the promised Messiah.

To the nation of Israel, good works remains the standard, but to the Early believers, Jesus was their good works.

As this verse states: Gal 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

The law was the yoke of bondage to be set free from.

2Cr 5:17Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And that is the story to place our faith on, that Jesus is the Son of God.

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 AM

25,799 posts, read 19,078,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
In the book of Acts, Peter the Disciple gives a sermon that appears to reflect the EARLIEST Christian view of Jesus. He says in Acts 2:36:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Later in the same book (Acts 13:32-33), Paul has this to say:

And we declare to you glad tidings—that promise which was made to the fathers. God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm:

‘ You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.’

Note that the "raised up" refers to Jesus' alleged resurrection mentioned in verse 30. To the early Christians, Jesus becomes the "son of God" after the resurrection. Before that he was a mere man that God empowered to do great things who was killed by the religious leaders in his prime. God thus, vindicates him by raising him from the dead and then giving him an elevated title - son of God.

Did the early Christians stop there with the passing of time? No. It was an easy leap from there to believe that Jesus must have been the son of God even earlier than that. For those, the belief was that Jesus became the son of God at his baptism. Not surprisingly, the Gospel of Mark, the first Gospel reflect this. In Mark 1:11 at Jesus' baptism, God thunders down the confirmation that Jesus is his son. Here, it does not mean that a "son" in a father participating in a sexual act to bring about a son. "Son," in biblical terms can mean a variety of things, simply one chosen by God to do his will on earth as a type of intermediary. Outside of this, the book of Mark gives no idea that Jesus is more than just a special man, chosen of God at the start of his ministry to be his agent (anointed messiah/son) on earth. There is no Virgin birth or Christmas story involved or needed and so Mark begins with Jesus as an adult when he is officially anointed as son of God.

The progression moves from there when we get to the later Gospel of Luke, for example. Here Jesus is the son of God at his birth. Luke then goes on to provide an explanation as to how this was possible and the explanation is found in the oft disputed and incredulous story of the "Virgin birth." Jesus comes into existence AT his special birth when the Holy Spirit of God impregnates Mary.

By the time the Gospel of John rolls around years after the appearance of Mark's Gospel, Jesus is regarded as more than just a mere man who is chosen by God to do his bidding. His has no genesis and has always been with God and frankly, is God himself by extrapolation. He THEN comes into the world AS God in human flesh even though John does not tell us how. We are left to assume John is working with the understood version that he was born of a virgin, but actually existed in eternity past.

This view became the standard within later [official] Christianity. Jesus was the preexistent Word of God who became flesh. As we have seen, however, this was apparently not the original view held by the early Christians. The divinity of Jesus was a later Christian invention found only in one Gospel, John.

Your thoughts and questions are welcomed.
Jesus Christ was never a mere man. Each of the four Gospels have a different objective and therefore focus on different aspects of Jesus.

Matthew presents Christ as King.

Mark presents Christ as a servant and is written to a Gentile audience.

Luke presents Christ as the Son of Man. As man in his essential humanity.

John presents Christ as the Son of God. That is, His deity.

Jesus Christ is the God-Man. He existed as God from eternity past and is co-equal with God the Father and with God the Holy Spirit.

About two thousand years ago in the fullness of time, Jesus Christ took upon Himself the form of a man and was born into the world via a virgin birth and made His way to the Cross to pay for the sins of the world.

He died spiritually for the sins of the world and then died physically. Three days later He was resurrected. There is nothing alleged about it. He is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven.

Jesus Christ fulfilled every single one of the Old Testament prophecies concerning the Messiah. The earliest of which was Gen. 3:15.

Jesus Christ is the focal point of human history. The means of eternal salvation in the O.T was the same as it is in the church-age. In the Old Testament they looked forward to the promised Messiah. From our standpoint in history we look back at the Cross. Salvation has always resulted from faith in the Messiah as He was presented at any given time in history.

Here is the Trinity in Isaiah 48:16. 'Come near to Me, and listen to this: since the beginning I have not spoken in secret, since the time things began to be, I have been there; and now the Lord God (Adonai Elohim) and His Spirit have sent Me.''

Yes, Jesus Christ is God and He is the God-Man in whom is salvation and eternal life.

Acts 16:31. 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.''

Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM

5,556 posts, read 7,221,424 times
HotinAZ, I can see you have anguished over much of this. You are an example of where wrestling with theological dilemmas can lead. PLEASE, I am not saying this as an insult or with any maliciousness, but when one tries to maintain a belief in god/Jesus while trying to make sense of some things in the Bible, there comes these moments when the conclusions just creates more questions than they do answers. Mental and verbal gymnastics have to be employed to create some sense out of the material and even then, there are often still dilemmas.

I realize you said it is your opinion and I can respect that. Thanks for the reply.

Now, I think one of the big problems with how the bible is read has a lot to do with a bias in how it is read and it is no different with the Gospels. Generally we are taught to read a book from beginning to end, from introduction to conclusion with the middle telling the core of the story. Christians have been taught for years that the bible reads like a straight thread with a theme in mind. True, when read from a DEVOTIONAL standpoint it can be seen as such, however, when read objectively, with a historical perspective in mind, you get a different view.

You see (and some of the responses here are evidence of this), there is this idea that ALL of the biblical writers were inspired by god to write the books and the thinking the leads to the idea that the books are perfect and ALL agree and compliment each other. This is why I will often see people, for example, explaining a passage in, say, II John, using some obscure passage in Nahum or Ezra to confirm or elaborate on the passage in II John. They really believe that somehow, Nahum or Ezra can shed light on II John or some other biblical book for that matter.

This liberty is often seen with the matter of prophecy. Some Christians will grab verses from all over the bible to come up with some wild interpretation of a prophecy. Why do they do this? They do it because they REALLY believe that ALL of the verses in the Bible confirms and compliments each other but nothing can be further from the truth!

What some Christians are unaware of is the fact that in first century Palestine, there were MANY different Christianities as well as many different Gospels. As with Judaism, Christianity evolved over time and ideas and concepts about Jesus also changed. When the Gospels are place vertically next to one another, it is then we notice the differences from book to book as well as the evolution of the ideas of Jesus. The Christian reader will most likely read the Gospels horizontally and devotionally with the idea that they are saying the same thing (just in different perspectives) when in fact there are subtle and not so subtle hints that these books reflect the ever changing and ever shifting ideas of Jesus in early Christianity.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,636,306 times
I would definitely agree with you concerning prophesy. It is too far out there for any of it to make much sense. We know that the prophets of old, predicted with accuracy Jesus, the fall of Jerusalem, and the scattering of the people who lived there.

Now, in this day and age, and actually since Jesus ascended, people have been incorrectly predicting the date of His return. Won't happen. Why? Because even Jesus didn't know, and admitted it. If even He didn't know, how could we?

I have never read the bible linear. In fact after I read Genesis, I read Revelations. When I read Moses, I read Jesus in the Gospels. When I read prophesies, I study history antiquity. Then, and only then do the pieces fall into place.

When I read a contradiction, which in the English there are numerous ones, I study Hebrew and Greek. Not only the lexicons, but even how the words were commonly used back then. This is how God led me to discover the meaning of words such as god, lord, and such. Only titles, and not names. And often these titles were given to ordinary people, who had juristiction over matters of Law and Land. Nothing more, nothing less. Kinda puts a whole new perspective on the first commandment given to Moses, if you know what I mean.

But, my faith is firm. In fact, Rock solid. My love for my King and His Father grow stronger by the day, and it seems I cannot talk enough about Them.

But even this faith, is a gift. As well as grace. As well as love. I hold to these even through trials and tribulations, as I know they will make me stronger, and they serve a purpose for now, and later. Growing up, so to speak.

I don't mind being called a heretic for my beliefs. But, having said that, I would also die for them. John, Jesus and the Apostles as well as early Christians were martyred for their beliefs. Why was the message so dang dangerous? This is partly what started me on a quest to discover what the Real Truth was, and I sought it out with all of my being. I am beginning to slowly understand it, and also see it happening all over again. The "lines in the sand", so to speak.

As far as the inspiration of the Word we call the Bible? I believe the OT was given to be written, word for word, in their language. In fact, I believe this very strongly. But as far as the NT goes, it is hit and miss. We call it scrriptures, but that isn't what the Apostles called them. Peter called them simply, "letters", which is exactly what they were. Even Paul makes use of this fact when giving opinions. But Revelations I believe is written as John saw it, verbatem. He was told to write it exactly, and we are given a glimpse of this when we read the end, and it says to not add nor subtract from it. A strict warning, which today, most Christians ignore. They guess, speculate, and make the Revelation out to mean something entirely different, and base whole theologies upon them, for GAIN.

Early Christians in each community held to their specific needs out of the Word, and what they were called to do. Sometimes they worried about prophesy, such as Thessolonia, and sometimes they wandered off the path by going to the Law, such as the Galatians. For me, i just take it all in, and let the Spirit do the guiding. I know for a fact the spiritual exists, since my OBE. There is too much not explained in science to ignore the facts of the spiritual realm. But having said that, it was God Himself who scattered the nations. So, based upon this fact, even though they all had their own languages, they all held similar beliefs. When you get to the root of them at least. All believe in a Creator. Most believe at some point in the future, peace will reign, by the Chosen One returning to usher it in.

I think at some point, the Adversary will copy these prophesies, like the little false prophets ones are doing now, for their own gain and profit. Shame will be on their head, and those who follow them.

But these are also my beliefs...

Old 03-22-2010, 11:09 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,269,828 times
This is an old bit. If one uses the bible one has to quote Jesus who said that he wanted the glory he had before he came to this dump. That his blood was shed before the foundation of the world (that is why Adam means red dirt, the blood had to block god's wrath as this dump was made, as that which is not god is under his wrath). If Jesus becomes the christ but is not that essentially, than basically a man saved us men and god's glory is given to a creature when god specifically states that he does not share this glory-besides what would the Jesus guy do to get this job that others have not? And then there is the father and I are one statement. It would seem as if one would also have a problem with the whole marriage parable that Paul lays out. One would kinda have to accept the idea that god determined to have a bride, but then it wasn't really his but some guy married it by proxy or represented god and then who actually is the bridegroom's friend if not John? Seems that Jesus is rapidly becoming a Mary figure or occupying a Mary slot.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
This is an old bit. If one uses the bible one has to quote Jesus who said that he wanted the glory he had before he came to this dump. (*1)That his blood was shed before the foundation of the world (that is why Adam means red dirt, the blood had to block god's wrath as this dump was made, as that which is not god is under his wrath). If Jesus becomes the christ but is not that essentially, than basically a man saved us men and god's glory is given to a creature when god specifically states that he does not share this glory-besides what would the Jesus guy do to get this job that others have not? And then there is the father and I are one statement. It would seem as if one would also have a problem with the whole marriage parable that Paul lays out. One would kinda have to accept the idea that god determined to have a bride, but then it wasn't really his but some guy married it by proxy or represented god and then who actually is the bridegroom's friend if not John? Seems that Jesus is rapidly becoming a Mary figure or occupying a Mary slot.
*1 (*1)"That his blood was shed before the foundation of the world".

If you can see to understand what the words "before the foundation of the world" mean in light of the shed bl;ood of Christ, you will see to understand that at the point Jesus died on the cross, that that was the beginning of the end.

You see, up and until Jesus came, the world (Mankind) became lost as the first Adam brought us the flesh, and intelligence with the ability to reason between good and evil, making us as gods of our own lives. (And death by separation)

Now, lets fast forward to Jesus as the second Adam. When we use the word "Adam", we are now talking "a beginning of".

From a lost condition to a saved condition is the difference between both Adams, or both beginnings.

The second Adam is Jesus bringing life to a dead world, thus the beginning of life, or if you will, "from the foundation of the world".

Had Jesus not come, the world would have continued on, but without hope of life after this one.

The good news is then that God so loved the world (He so loved His own creation) that He4 gave us a second Adam in Jesus, that He should in our place pay the price of the lost condition and grant, I say grant, us life after this one, thus no longer death as it was.

Anybody, willing to accept Jesus as the Savior of mankind as a second Adam, will enjoy the benefits of the kingdom of heaven yet while in the flesh.

That is called by Jesus as being "born again".

If that is hard to understand, I wouldn't worry to much about it, as Jesus noted, but strive to learn, do as Jesus commanded, and that is all that is required.

He commanded, love God and neighbor.

No one, regardless of what religious belief they espouse, if those two commandments are observed and practiced, they have need live within themselves, and are not dead.

Jesus took the brunt of sin away from us that in Him we may be enabled to with His help overcome the temptations of this world.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 PM

51 posts, read 59,157 times
Peter's confessions before Gethsemane, all of them, his confessions at the trial and his confessions at the seashore with Jesus, his confessions in Acts and his confessions with the Pharisees who had joined the early church and the event at Antioch with the gentiles as well as what Peter said in his letters; all of these together reveal how the Spirit makes the things of the Lord and his Christ, grow in our thoughts.

The Lord has given me to study on these things since I was 12. Now I am 68. It has been a continual growth and development of knowledge and wisdom and understanding that is produced by the Spirit of Christ through joys, sorrows, victories, defeats, and more joy in the holy Spirit of suffering.

Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.

The disciples grew in their understanding of Christ and the fellowship of Jesus' sufferings. As they studied the OT writings, the Spirit of Christ unfolded more and more of the knowledge of God and his Christ to them.

Isa 9:7
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, KJV

Jesus taught the disciples to pray that the government/kingdom of God would come that God's will would be done on earth, as/like/image that it is being done in heaven.

Jesus said that the kingdom of God does not come with outward observation, but that it would be like rivers of living waters flowing out of our bellies. Bowels of mercy. Surely goodness and mercy will follow us as we dwell in the house of the Lord, the body of Christ.

In this way of the Lord, you cannot write the doctrine on a stone, it is a living epistle written in the fleshly tables of our heart, ever increasing through the ministry of the Spirit of Jesus; the new of today, building on the old of yesterday, and hoping for resurrection of the body.

Eojj

Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eojj View Post
Peter's confessions before Gethsemane, all of them, his confessions at the trial and his confessions at the seashore with Jesus, his confessions in Acts and his confessions with the Pharisees who had joined the early church and the event at Antioch with the gentiles as well as what Peter said in his letters; all of these together reveal how the Spirit makes the things of the Lord and his Christ, grow in our thoughts.

The Lord has given me to study on these things since I was 12. Now I am 68. It has been a continual growth and development of knowledge and wisdom and understanding that is produced by the Spirit of Christ through joys, sorrows, victories, defeats, and more joy in the holy Spirit of suffering.

Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.

The disciples grew in their understanding of Christ and the fellowship of Jesus' sufferings. As they studied the OT writings, the Spirit of Christ unfolded more and more of the knowledge of God and his Christ to them.

Isa 9:7
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, KJV

Jesus taught the disciples to pray that the government/kingdom of God would come that God's will would be done on earth, as/like/image that it is being done in heaven.

Jesus said that the kingdom of God does not come with outward observation, but that it would be like rivers of living waters flowing out of our bellies. Bowels of mercy. Surely goodness and mercy will follow us as we dwell in the house of the Lord, the body of Christ.

In this way of the Lord, you cannot write the doctrine on a stone, it is a living epistle written in the fleshly tables of our heart, ever increasing through the ministry of the Spirit of Jesus; the new of today, building on the old of yesterday, and hoping for resurrection of the body.

Eojj
Good post!

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or